[2.5] non Crit - Ele Raider ST real Hybrid build - all Guardians done with ease

Hit level 63. Changed to Hyaon's (650 and 8%) and WED and huge increase in damage (~1.3k to ~3.5k). Only now does the leech from passives really play a role in keeping mana full and enough from life leech. Swapped Life on Hit out for WED and it's pretty solid. Playing HC I'll keep LGOH to swap for bosses, the sustain is really incredible.

First time using poe.trade, found some decent stuff for much cheaper than I thought. Should be able to do cruel lab pretty easily I think. Sitting at 2.3k life and 400 es without discipline, 860 es with.

I've gotten all the life nodes (except Cruel Preparation) and have spent some points to have mana which I will respec out of depending on how well I can keep mana with the new damage.

Biggest question I'm facing is for ascendency points. My first 2 points I got the onslaught-on-kill one, I think I will respec those 2 and with the next 2 points fill out the frenzy side. Onslaught works pretty well but only a 20% movespeed bonus isn't that noticeable and it lasting for 4 seconds means it rarely stays up for a long time. Next 10ish levels will be filling out the last few things, getting Arcing Blows, and then going for more frenzy points I think.

Build is fun but a little on the slow side (probably just my gear/I have no idea what I'm doing) until Hyaon's it looks like.
Last edited by Jazriel on Feb 13, 2017, 1:55:22 AM
Hey again,

yes Hyaons is a nice DPS boost. I bought a good foil from mid 30 to 63 for like 7c, that carried me the whole way. As i said, i leveled with FB in a Tabula and with MS in a 4L for single target. ST really shines with a fast foil, so maybe consider to change to one like mine when you progress. They are not expensive, cause no crit is needed. The whole build is looking for items that are not that popular atm, so shopping for really nice stuff is affordable with this build.

So hope you stay alive mate, to test the full potential :D
Last edited by jehoba on Feb 13, 2017, 6:42:29 PM
ups
Last edited by jehoba on Feb 13, 2017, 6:42:07 PM
It's funny 'cause I thought for a while before using first 2 ascendancy points for onslaught instead of frenzy and then like 2 minutes later "Oh god I'm an idiot." So played for the longest time with basically useless ascendancy passives. Just did cruel lab and respec'd the two points for all 4 points into frenzy. Soooo much better. Better dps, movespeed is always good. Frenzy is generally up for the entire map. Just so much better the entire time.

I forget which level but I found a foil for 1-2c that was an upgrade in dps over my 2h staff. I think around level 52. I had never really used poe.trade before that but if I were to do it again knowing about it now, would definitely look for something much earlier.

After looking at some of the numbers, I think with the leech passives life leech is better than life gain on hit for me right now, used it during cruel izaro fights and he has so many skeletons up, with gmp the sustain was amazing.

Doing quite well so far I think. 5 frenzy charges (bandits and ascendancy passive) puts me over 6k dps. Next 4 points go to getting the 2 additional frenzy charges from the tree (have all the life nodes and just finished getting block). The extra 36% frenzy duration will also be very nice. Frenzy charges also really helps whirling blades.

Just so much better to go frenzy, why did I pick onslaught ;_;

I also got a 5L chest at level 52 and ran out of chromatics so I got GGGRB. Wanted 2 red for WED and LGOH but ended up putting in added lightning damage which I think has actually been better overall. I'm surprised a bit that added light damage adds 500 dps when it's an average of 100 from the gem.

This is now my second char ever that has done cruel lab in hc, so I consider it to be pretty successful already. I learned a lot about using LGOH during the leveling phase for sustain. Was kind of surprised how easy and comfortable I was on hc even though I was 3-5 levels underleveled for most of it. Wasn't the fastest killing speed but wasn't too slow either, and that was even before hyaon's. Now I would say it's pretty solid. Clear speed is good with ~6k dps, the life replenish from leech is really solid and 2.5k life with 1k es with disc so also a bit tanky.
This may seem a silly question; but where are you gaining your frenzy charges from?
"
Smitty86 wrote:
This may seem a silly question; but where are you gaining your frenzy charges from?

Raider Ascendancy passive, 20% chance of frenzy charge on kill and 20% chance of frenzy charge on hit against rare/unique mob. Combined with the extra duration from Ascendancy skills and passive tree, you'll have 7 frenzy charges up 99% of the time.
Is this HC viable/League starter possibly?
"
Deskroid wrote:
Is this HC viable/League starter possibly?

Hey Deskroid,

the main issue with the build is possibly the low HP part and the stun susceptibility, so you need something to fix this. A Presence of Chayula is expensive in the beginning. So i would say HC for sure, but league starter maybe with some grinding. All other items are fairly cheap to get the build started.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info