Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book

"
icassel wrote:
And here we are again facing the "political correct"

So from now on, anything that reminds us of any historical event that was bad like genocides, bombing, drug, etc can't be implemented in a game?

So no Pablo Escobar, no hiroshima, no nazi, no russian communists should have anything related in a game?

Come on people, just say what you think, get a grip and move on, don't be a sissy mimimi.

Maybe GGG will just change the red for another color so you stop complaining like a girl. But don't come complaining that will be similar to Star trek or Star Wars. Nothing is ever good.

A lot more things are being modified instead of created.

:)

Noo - what we mean is:

I like Duke Nukem despite the ovious Sexism involved. Do i want Duke Nukem in POE? (well now that i think about it... :D)

otherwise

"
King_of_Limbs wrote:
"
PandaMan wrote:
"
(after reading through 20+ pages of "It's offensive" -- "No, it's a computer game, get over it!")

While I have no problem with fighting villains that look like Nazis in a computer game, I think the people calling it Immersion Breaking are onto something ...

I hope GGG takes a different approach, because seeing these guys appear on the screen may well break my concentration. I'm looking for Sword & Sorcery killfest, not a Nazi (or really close to Nazi) killfest. Games about fighting Nazis are fine, but (until Act 5, at least) this isn't one, and it's not what I come here for.

I hope the good people at GGG give the immersion factor some thought, and improve it as they are able. I still think the duelling Descry/Scry religions angle is potentially interesting.

Good luck, GGG.

+1 - This guy has got the right idea.

+1
Exactly the point here. Just drowning in pointless fights I fear.

Just not Duke Nukem Forever. What a piece of shit from a truly constipated system.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
On a more serious note...

Will we be able to visit Oriath hubs with Black Jack and Hookers?

But really...

We cant have non-naked chicks on Mana and Life bubbles, but we have Nazies? THE FUCK?

What is this world coming to... We can't look at beautiful shapes, instead, lets look at all the horrors of humanity.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Feb 8, 2017, 5:39:39 PM
First I thought, eey anti-Green Lantern theme (black Green Lantern logo tilted 90 deg).

Maybe we'll get some unique power rings.. then read the forums.. nazis? ooh, and people are triggered.

Then thought I've seen the logo before.. Geofri's Sanctuary.. they should have just copied that instead.

I'm beginning to think this is a publicity stunt by GGG. They surely have realized by looking at the art that people will recognize the resemblance right away (except me that is, lol).
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
The amount of crybabies over these pieces of art are astonishing. I think they look fantastic and it fits the overall feel of the game. Political correctness is a cancer.
2spooky4me
I'd have to say the combination of slave-catching weapon and crossbow is kinda stupid. The slave catcher first catches the slave and then uses a crossbow on him ? Doesn't make any sense. What, he's a terrible shot and needs to keep the slave close so that he doesn't miss ? A melee weapon would make much more sense.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
OniAsura wrote:
The amount of crybabies over these pieces of art are astonishing. I think they look fantastic and it fits the overall feel of the game. Political correctness is a cancer.

Agreed, people need to get over themselves. Black and red is a great color combo and has been around a lot longer than Nazi Germany, as have armbands. Also worth noting is the symbol on the band is not a Swastika - which is itself a modification of a much older symbol.

And if by association the game picks up some dark tone, great, that's what POE is supposed to be about. Sad that whining PCs have already influenced the game - pointlessly - I hope they got warm fuzzy smug feelings from it.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Last edited by AlteraxPoe on Feb 8, 2017, 7:16:14 PM
>Black and red is a great color combo
maybe
>and has been around a lot longer than Nazi Germany
sure
>as have armbands
sure

It is combination of all three that definitely points to Nazi armbands. You know, like letters n,r,e,g,i - which are harmless by themselves, but should you happen to put them in "wrong" order, you get instantly muted.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
See, the thing is, unless you are actually a survivor of the Holocaust you don't have the right to decide if a given thing in offensive or disrespectful to those who were.

Its not your place, its theirs.

Its extremely pretentious and self serving to think your view has any importance in the matter at all.

That's the problem with the whole PC thing.

It has nothing to do with the actual people or situations involved, its somebody else's interpretation of how they think something should make somebody else feel.

Its about the person who says they have a problem with something that doesn't have anything to do with them, not the actual victims.

Once again, people need to get over themselves.

Because what they are actually saying/doing is most likely much more offensive than whatever they are claiming is the problem.

I am personally not a holocaust survivor, nor a family member of any one who was, and I would not presume to believe I can speak for them, but a little logic tells something that should be fairly obvious.

If they've managed to live through the holocaust,(or have a family member that is a survivor, or family member who died there) I'm pretty sure they don't give a rats ass whether or not some made up monster in a video game happens to vaguely resemble what somebody else thinks might look like a Nazi.

If this kind of thing bothers you, life has some really horrible things in store for you.

Good news is once some real life happens to you, you will no longer feel the need to take up the baton for something that has nothing to do with you.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
omg what is wrong with you, guys?

i cannot wait fighting those nazi bastards and that will be much fun. stop crying please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info