Ascendancy choices for soloist golem build

I want to get a HC character to 90, but after dying twice (lack of skill + too much bravado) in the 80s in HC Breach League I decided I would try again with a Guardian specifically to make use of the Time of Need ascendancy. I then came across the Witch 5 flame golem build and thought: Why not try it as Guardian? (accepting that necro and elementalist are much better for the build).
Original build:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1789784/

Time of Need has been worth it for me, saved my butt a few times. I don't know what to do with the other ascendancy choices though. I have taken Radiant Faith for more armour and energy shield but the other choices are underwhelming for someone who doesn't group play.

My play style:
Spoiler
Run around area dual cursing with blasphemy and dropping a cull-IIR totem when I see a rare/boss. 5 x flame golems do the rest. I currently have some zombies as meat shields but may drop them for something better.

Harmony of Purpose. I don't really generate any charges to share with my golems.
Unwavering Faith. I would need to rework things to get some auras going (currently doing dual curse blasphemy) and then is the payoff really worth it?
Bastion of Hope. Current block chance is 15%. Not sure if this would do much for me.
Prayer of Glory. Don't know much about warcries. Maybe I could cast these as a means of moving faster an increasing golem dps.

Thoughts appreciated - especially if you think I am doing something wrong !
Last bumped on Jan 31, 2017, 6:31:57 PM
character: __Lazarus__

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Badzanta/characters
Cheers!

I think there is nothing inherently wrong with wanting to play Guardian as a golemancer, as long as you are aware up front that it will be different and you are happy with that. I applaud such foresight.

As for ascendancies, Bastion of Hope is a total of 7% block chance, 6% increased maximum ES, and increased 14% armour. I wouldn't look beyond those stats towards the mechanics of it though. A solid pick for your last ascendancy as it is non-vital.

Unwavering Faith is the real winner here in other options. Pathing to it improves survivability, and everything it gives you is just good. Definitely mess around with poe.mikelat.com to get everything just the way you like it.

Harmony of Purpose seems bad at first, and perhaps equally lackluster as Prayer of Glory. In your instance so be it. You can always look at their two travel nodes as simply 'more' defensive stats, and opt out of the larger pickups themselves in favor of improved survivability.

Hope that helps.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Thanks, the travel nodes are exactly what I am doing until I can work out something better. Thanks to the link to that calculator too, I hadn't seen it before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info