Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.5] Dual Tulfall Incinerate - Insane Charge Maker - Conduit Capable

This is the first build I have posted since beta (can't remember if it was closed or open beta, but beta none-the-less) so I apologize if it's a little rough, I'm sure my first one was awful. This was an experimental build, I am sure someone could come up with improvements, and I am open to feedback.

I'm not going to add images just yet, until I know someone actually reads this...and even then I may not.

This build is not exactly budget, but it does not need to cost a fortune either. The most expensive item can be skipped, you will just need to be more cautious in your play style.

side note:
Spoiler
I'm neither an English scholar, nor a writer. Feel free to correct glaring mistakes in my grammar or spelling, just don't be a jerk.

Reasons for build:

Tulfall wands have an intriguing mechanic of granting a frenzy charge when you reach max power charges, while also stripping your power charges. The only builds I could find using them centered around Discharge, but to be honest I just wanted to see if there was something else that could be done.

Play Style:

Lightning Warp in, drop an Orb of Storms on Rares or Unique Bosses or just to get Elemental Overload to trigger, proceed to Incinerate. In between packs hit the Rotgut flask to get Onslaught. On tougher packs, hard hitters, or single targets, use Atziri's promise to keep life up.

That's the basic play. On tougher packs keep moving if needed, don't worry too much about the increased damage from Incinerate stages, you get it back pretty quickly.

Mechanics:

Spoiler
Each power charge grants 15-25 cold damage per wand, but each frenzy charge grants a % increase to cold damage. My goal was to make the most of both, rather than minimize power charges to get frenzy charges faster while also generating what I believe is called "an assload" of charges... you know, in technical terms.

To do this efficiently we use Romira's Banquet and Incinerate (not a new concept, I know). Incinerate cannot crit on it's own, which allows for incredibly fast power charge generation. When combined with Tulfall's mechanic this can also work exceptionally well with a Voll's Devotion. Every time you reach maximum power charges you will receive that amount of endurance charges plus a frenzy charge. This allows for an extremely sustainable CWDT set up on Immortal Call, and ever increasing cast speed to get the next round of charges going.

Such quick charge generation lends itself well to conduit, though I have skipped that for now as I play mostly solo.

Why the Witch? Why Elementalist?
Spoiler

I chose the Elementalist specifically for Reflect protection, but there are other benefits.
1st choice - Paragon of Calamity - this protects us against reflect for the most part, and also against elemental damage in general.
2nd choice - Pendulum of Destruction - added damage every 10 seconds for 4 seconds, AOE every 10 seconds for 4 seconds also helps on some other skills. Still this is mostly to get to...
3rd choice - Mastermind of Discord - 25 Cold penetration when you have used a fire skill in the past 10 seconds. This will pretty much always affect our cold damage. 25 Fire pen when using lightning skills, we have two which we'll get to later, but this should always being working as well.
4th choice - Liege of the Primordial - I have not done Uber Lab yet ( please forgive my laziness) but this will give us 2 meat shiel...um golems. I believe flame golems will have the most benefit, possibly lightning for cast speed but I will update should I ever get the chance to test it..

Required Uniques:

Spoiler

Tulfall Wands - I use 2, 1 is enough for the charge generation though.
Romira's Banquet

Quality of Life Uniques:
Spoiler
Voll's Devotion - build's offenses work without this, simply for defense
Atziri's Promise - added damage and leech, low cost, pick one up.

Helpful Equipment:

Spoiler
1 ring from Elreon - Helps mana issues, I personally prefer to completely negate mana drain (through lowering cost and mana regen)

Doryani's Invitation Belt - Fire dmg/leech - for consistently increased fire damage and leech

Other Gear:

Spoiler
Rare gear focusing on Life and Resists, I also shot for Armor just because I was able to get a cheap 6 link that was armor based, but don't have much. I plan on upgrading for more armor if possible. Evasion may make more sense as we are over on that side of the passive world. Either way endurance charges are offering physical protection, combined with flasks we are pretty solid... we just can't afford to be sloppy

Passive Tree:

Spoiler
Note: I built this for Life rather and CI as I did not have the gear nor cash to build CI (my chaos went to the Voll's Devotion) I'm sure someone could make it CI.

Currently this is mine at level 84 -

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjAx4EBwUtBbUHpQj0DPINjQ3RES8S4RM1Fr8W8xekHwIfQR_HIG4i9CP2JjwmlSsKK3gsnC2LLlMvnTB8Nj02xTfUOlg-z0MxRZ1Jskp9TItMs0z_TZJOKlAwUEJRR1M1U1JUR1VLVcZWSFoaW69d8l8qYeJirGNDakNr22wLbIxtGXTteu99GIIQg9uE74d2jDaNfY2_kPqTJ5rgnaqexKEvouqjiqXLpr6nCLTFvOq95r6KwFTC7MMz0B_Tb9gk2sHfbd-K37DjhOOf62Pr5Ovu7T_uDu9L7-v8xQ==

What we gain from the Passive Tree:

82% increased Elemental Damage, 56% Spell Damage, 30% Projectile Damage (all help Incinerate)
39% total increased cast speed
151% increased life (working on increasing this)
a good amount of mana and mana regen too.

3 Frenzy Charges
2 Power Charges
1 Endurance Charge

Keystones:
Elemental Overload - triggered by Orb of Storms mostly
Conduit is only 3 points away. I can achieve this through leveling, but you could skip the extra endurance charge until later in exchange for Conduit.

4 jewel slots - fill these for whatever you are lacking, if you lack nothing go for life, damage, whatever else makes you feel good...

Bandits:
Spoiler

Oak (if going life)
Passive
Kraityn

Main Gem Setup:

Spoiler
I am especially open to feedback here. I was able to obtain a 6 link in Breach relatively cheaply, and roll stats that worked for me. I believe 4 or 5 links will work just as well for charge generation, we just lose range on our spell

My Incinerate setup - BBBGGR - Incinerate / Controlled Destruction / Elemental Focus / Reduced Mana / Faster Projectiles / GMP (LMP if you prefer or if mana is an issue)
working on getting enough mana regen to remove reduced mana and replace with empower or possibly something else.

5 link - testing best combo

4 link - BBBG - Incinerate / Controlled Destruction / Elemental Focus / GMP or LMP

Other Skills:

Spoiler

4 Link Items:

Orb of Storms
BBBR - Orb of Storms / Curse on Hit / Elemental Weakness / Leech life

This skill serves multiple purposes. Firstly we are using this to curse on hit, using Elemental Weakness. And it triggers our fire penetration from the Mastermind of Discord ascendancy. I added Leech as quality of life, skip it if you want to add something else.

CWDT Immortal Call - RRRB - CWDT / Immortal call / Increased Duration / (Votex/Frost Bomb)
obviously mostly for physical damage prevention, but selecting a cold skill that either slows down enemies or lowers resistance is an added bonus.

Free 4 link - Still testing what may make sense here. I have a flame totem with LMP and Culling strike. using the 4th spot for arctic armor, which also helps against reflect. Once testing is completed I will edit.

WANDS:

Lightning Warp - BBR - Lightning Warp / Faster Casting / Reduced Duration (pretty standard)

Clarity, Herald of Ice, Golem (currently using lightning, will test flame)

Flasks:
Spoiler

I believe there is a lot of room for improvement here, I am using Atziri's Promise for increased damage and life leech. I also have a Rotgut for movement speed and Onslaught (frenzy charges are easy to get so it works exceptionally well)

My flasks -

My Gear:

Spoiler

Anticipated Questions:

Spoiler

Are the power charges useful even though you lose them in half a second?

I think so...Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. Think of it this way, you are getting an average of your charges, so 2.5 average. Yes I know Incinerate only gets 30% of this, but we are getting charges so fast we may as well squeeze out any extra damage. All of that damage is increased by the frenzy charges we accumulate. Also at 5 power charges when we lose them to the Tulfall we gain all 4 of our endurance charges. That's right, every half a second we refresh them. Our Immortal Call last far longer than this.

Is Herald of Ice worth it?

Again, let's squeeze as much cold damage onto our spells as we can. And also again, I am open to feedback.

What's your damage?!?!

The short answer, I am too lazy to calculate the true damage. Longer answer, with full charges (average power charges because of how we lose them) both Atziri's Promise and Onslaught from Rotgut, plus Elemental Overload, plus the 4 seconds of extra damage from Pendulum of Destruction, - With LMP - I have seen tooltip of 44K (Incinerate was only level 18 at that point). Keep in mind this gets increased by stages, and with damage penetration. Also I do not have level 20 gems. Tool tip typically falls between 24K and 29k with charges up. With GMP its 41K and 22 - 26K (now level 19 Incinerate)

I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on Feb 2, 2017, 5:03:07 PM
Last bumped on Feb 1, 2017, 10:24:00 AM
Reserved
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info