[PSA] GGG automatically scans and bans for certain English keywords in your in-game Whisper messages

Don't say you use any type of macros or programs over private messages or you will get permabanned without warning like I did.

GGG bans you for telling someone over private message that you use a macro that presses 12345 with 1 button, while "/remaining" or logout macro is allowed even though they do the exact same thing? Hilarious.

Should obviously have an in-game option for those instead of banning people because they don't want to press 12345 every 4 seconds which is a requirement for end-game content. (for some builds at least)

GGG knows that the majority of players use some kind of macros but can't stop it because macros are undetectable, but still ban you for saying you use macros because not banning would only make GGG look bad.

Protip: Don't try to help new players over private messages with quality-of-life stuff or you will get fucked in the ass.

Also if you email support they will tell you that "You can still create a new account". Why the fuck permaban people without warning if you just allow them to make a new account? Oh yeah, so GGG might get MORE MONEY because the game is borderline unplayable without more than 4 stashtabs + currencytab + premiumtab.

Had been playing since closed beta and have never used any "cheats" but I know people who use bots 24/7 and never get banned.

I guess I missed the patch notes that said "We have now started scanning all your in-game messages because thats the only way we can ban new players who don't want to chop off their fingers because we can't be bothered to code QoL options for flask spamming"

TL;DR: "Banned for breaching Terms of Use" -> Terms of Use do not state anything similar to "You cannot use a macro that does 5 server actions with 1 button, but you can use other macros" -> GGG cannot even actually prove or detect that I did anything illegal but banned me anyway by looking at my chat logs.

Banned for breaching a rule list that doesn't even list the rule I broke. What.

http://i.imgur.com/iFHvPBn.jpg
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 11:33:29 AM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 5:52:40 AM
"
private messages
shocking discoveryL private messages aren't really private!
...wait, you seriously didn't know that before today?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
private messages
shocking discoveryL private messages aren't really private!
...wait, you seriously didn't know that before today?

Never seen such retarded shit in any other game so I assumed it wouldn't exist in this game either.

"sorry we have long support email response times because we are busy reading whisper messages and banning legit English-speaking players who don't want to get arthitis from flask spamming, but feel free to play HC with instant logout macros. Also please don't press more than 1 button per minute so our shitty servers don't crash. All these will be fixed with the upcoming xbox update though 4Head"
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 3:14:53 AM
Is this a pathfinder 'feature' - spamming all flasks at once? Because with all the builds I played, that's a bad strategy.

I agree that this GGG ambiguity policy is confusing. Macros should be either allowed or not. Muliboxing should be either allowed or not. etc..
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Did you seriously not know?

It's all about the number of actions the server performs.

/remaining and the logout macro are each a single action.
One shows the number of remaining monsters and the other takes you back to the login screen.

Your flask thing is 5 actions.

"
Had been playing since closed beta and have never used any "cheats" but I know people who use bots 24/7 and never get banned.

You should probably report them. I believe you can do so through sending an email to support.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I wonder how did OP determined GGG has banned him based on reading his private messages instead of detecting that macro and banning him for use of illegal 3rd party software.

It is well known that GGG does not support, in fact ban, use of macro's that perform multiple actions by pressing single button. There is no discussion about this information. It is also known that only one officially sanctioned macro is log-out macro where GGG stated on several occasions that this type of macro is safe to use.

I find it hilarious that OP is angry for being banned but his anger is caused by the fact he assumes GGG caught up to him via reading his "private" messages. It is also equally hilarious he consider him sharing illegal macros with new players a help.

ProTip for OP: dont use macros that automate the gaming process.

If you can't handle pressing 5 buttons at once, well maybe you should play a different build.

And a final note from me:
GGG should ban all macro users, regardless of the macro(s) they run (price check macro, button macro, logout macro, (insert name here) macro)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Baron01 wrote:
I wonder how did OP determined GGG has banned him based on reading his private messages instead of detecting that macro and banning him for use of illegal 3rd party software.

After I told a friend that I got permabanned etc, he told me that it was either stated by GGG or he read it on a botting forum that GGG scans for keywords, don't remember which one. (He has used bots for years so I'm sure he knows about this stuff)

1. I've used the same exact "1 key -> 5 flasks" macro for more than a year, no bans or warnings

2. Random new player whispers me if its safe to use "autopot program" to automatically use his flasks in breaches, I say "dunno, probably not, check google. I use [my simple manual 5key macro] myself to use flasks easier"

3. Get banned in the next 12 hours

Yeaaaah totally don't scan your whispers right?
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 4:09:01 AM
"
Also if you email support they will tell you that "You can still create a new account". Why the fuck permaban people without warning if you just allow them to make a new account? Oh yeah, so GGG might get MORE MONEY because the game is borderline unplayable without more than 4 stashtabs + currencytab + premiumtab.

woooow hahah really!??

woow thats lame as hell!! fck giving this game $ ... i gave em $20 thats more than enough
"
Don't say you use any type of macros or programs over private messages or you will get permabanned without warning like I did.

GGG bans you for telling someone over private message that you use a macro that presses 12345 with 1 button, while "/remaining" or logout macro is allowed even though they do the exact same thing? Hilarious.

Should obviously have an in-game option for those instead of banning people because they don't want to press 12345 every 4 seconds which is a requirement for end-game content. (for some builds at least)

GGG knows that the majority of players use some kind of macros but can't stop it because macros are undetectable, but still ban you for saying you use macros because not banning would only make GGG look bad.

Protip: Don't try to help new players over private messages with quality-of-life stuff or you will get fucked in the ass.

I guess I missed the patch notes that said "We have now started scanning all your in-game messages because thats the only way we can ban new players who don't want to chop off their fingers because we can't be bothered to code QoL options for flask spamming"

Only one server action per button press. So when macro writes /remaining all it does is shows remaining monsters (1 server action). But if you press one button and it drinks 5 potions (5 server actions) it's banable. Youw own fault [Removed by Support] who didn't research what macros you can use.
Last edited by Tyrone_GGG on Jan 27, 2017, 4:58:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info