[2.5] Hybrid Spectre Summoner / Guardians+Shaper viable

Hello it's DiscoveryChannel once again,

today I am going to present a guide for a build I almost entirely stole from this guy (think I have 3-4 different passive nodes for individuality reasons): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t63WfVG06Y

This is a build for the players who die regularly because they have to scratch their nose or forgot their pizza in the oven. The only skill it requires is slamming your face on the keyboard every now and then and not getting stunned while casting convocation.
It makes use of the Flame Sentinel Spectre (available as T16 in Hydra, Chimera and Phoenix maps). Guardians melt like Lardman in the sun and the only thing that can reliably kill you is using your Coruscating Elixir at the wrong time.

First things First

Gear:

Passive Tree lvl 93: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzBkkHHgj0DXwRDxFQE2wVJxZvFy8YahslHNwdFCL0JKoo-iqYLKYvbzLRNAo1uTbpN2Y5CzpYOw1EBEVHRnFHhUe3SVFJsUuuTLNNuVXGVdVV1lfJWAdakVxrZOdmnmjyakNqrGvbbAttGXC7eC985X0Yfll_xoCkgseDCYRIhWCGAohAjHaMsY8aj0aP-pAzkyeVLpitm4qboaEvogCmrKcIpyuofarErJiwd7QMtzG-T76Kv5fAVMBmwcXDbck9ytPMvNAf0_vXz9kL2RPZW9le2t3fiuNq6QLquuvu7Bjsiu-I7-vwH_DV8h731_k3-oD60v6B

6-link: Raise Spectre - Controlled Destruction - Spell Echo - Chain/Pierce/Slower Proj - Minion Damage - Fire Penetration

4-Link Zombie Setup: Raise Zombie - Minion Life - Fortify - Empower (either in a Vertex Vaal Mask or in a good +2 Minion Helmet)

Zombies only serve as shield and to hold aggro and therefor need to be as tanky as possible.

Rest of the Gems can be seen above as I am lazy as fuck.

This build uses Elemental Equilibrium, therefor Arc (maybe Ball Lightning) is the only viable option for the Curse on Hit Setup (also nice to aggro your minions with it). Also make sure to link Anger with Generosity!!!

Bones of Ullr and Midnight Bargain give you +1 Spectre each, which is their main purpose.

Since we are kind of low-life but not Chaos immune we need a bunch of Chaos Resistance on our Gear(figured that around +40 without flask makes you feel comfortable).

Amulet basically is a stat stick so we can level the dex gems.

Shield fulfills it's purpose through the Necromantic Aegis Keystone. Enabling your Spectres to generate Charges and share them (Also the can use the resists and block chance). Since Charges have a much bigger effect on Monsters this boosts their damage a lot (didn't do the math).

We run 1 unset ring for an additional Aura, granting attack speed and damage because of the Commander of Darkness Ascendancy.

Chest doesn't need life on it. If you can get one with higher ES that is fine too.
6-Link is only mandatory if you want to go afk during guardian fights. Otherwise a 5-Link does the job. Take out Fire Pen in that case.

We use Flammability over Elemental Weakness, because the Flame Sentinels tend to crit and ignite every now and then. Not sure if it is that much better though.

Flasks are important in this build!
The Panicked Life Flask gets you to full HP instantly after you used your Coruscating Elixir.
The Elixir is useful to recharge ES, when you are unable to stay out of Damage for the moment, or for bad cases of poisoning/Surprise Buttsex from Bameth.

1 anti-freeze flask is required, the amethyst flask makes me feel safer as I leave the house but can be exchanged for another utility flask of your choice.

Rumi's Concoction is really strong in combination with the Bone Offering skill.
It gives you about 50% Block chance, on each of which you restore health since your offerings also affect your own character.

For jewels, get Minion Dmg, Minion Block Chance (the less Zombies you have to resummon in a Boss fight the better), some res or stats.

Levelling can be a pain at the start of the league but SRS does the trick early on. On Cruel Act 3 you can get your Spectres from Solaris Temple.

This build is pretty budget friendly overall, main cost point being a solid 6-link chest and jewellery.

If you have questions, feel free to ask them here or spam the shit out of the guy who actually came up with this build.

Life is an exciting adventure
yours faithfully,
DiscoveryChannel

Last edited by DiscoveryChannel on Jan 25, 2017, 6:10:57 PM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2017, 1:09:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info