[2.5] Self-Cast Discharge Juggernaut / Curreny Sink / WhydoIevenbother

Hello it's DiscoveryChannel here once again,

two seasons ago I had a blast playing a self-cast discharge juggernaut, following LiftingNerdBro's guide (that scrub forgot to spec into Avatar of Fire). Since it has been nerfed to death by GGG and is now unable to hold up endurance charges against bosses, it seems to have died out. I still tried to make it work and partially succeeded. The following guide explains how you can waste a lot of currency into a mediocre build that is probably not worth it and can't do 50% of endgame content. However I am having a lot of fun playing it in 2.5 and mapping is smooth as fuck.

The main idea of this build is to get as many endurance charges as you possibly can, in other words eleven, as much AoE as you seem fit and burn the entire screen with one discharge (Can recommend Shaped Pit boss room with double beyond). Breaches may get a bit boring because monsters die from Prolif before they appear on the screen.
The "Realm Ender" Staff gives your Discharge +4 levels and +3 to your fire support gems. This gives you enough damage to kill every map boss except guardians and core Malachai with one ignite. Keep in mind that, in order to make the game more challenging, some Bosses are immune to ignites. You cannot do those.

Essential Gear:

6-Link: Discharge - Fire Pen - Elemental Prolif - Chance to Ignite - Increased AoE - Empower
for single-target swap in Controlled Destruction and Conc Effect

the Voll's Devotion / Romira's Banquet Combo works via this gem setup:

The Doedre's Flask will trigger your Blade Vortex, which will generate power charges via Romira's Banquet. When it crits, it trigger your Elemental Overload plus granting you endurance charges via Voll's Devotion (Can take some time vs solo bosses to get full charges if you are unlucky).

Recommended boots are Death's Door for +1 endurance charge, but not required. Also since we have full fire conversion, we run Blood Rage in the Cast when damage taken Immortal Call setup (Frenzy Charges > Cold Damage > Fire Damage).

Full Gear so far:

Still need Death's Door but more HP first.

Current Skill Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAGRA3UEBwSzBg4Gxgn2C2EOPBJpFCAUcRZvFrsXHBhlGGoZLho4Gj4abB0UIbAkqicvJ-0pLiqNLdIulDT3Ntg26TpSOlg62DwFPV89_EkbTLNSU1XGVkhXDVgHWGNYd12kXhNfBF8_YVJo8nF5eC98uHzlffWCB4Kbg9uGYIzPj0aQVZErkc6S0JZsl4WXlZo7m6Gdrp_fogCnCKyYrY2vbK-Nu-3AAcBmxPbGrsbYz37SIdR81abYJNlh2Xzd1eNq5CLsOOxV7TzvDu9O73zwH_Fs8azyQfZI97n31w==
Still need that +1 Charge at the bottom, Golem's Blood and a couple Jewel Sockets

If you want to play with 10 instead of 11 charges, don't bother travelling to the bottom of the tree and take the Scion Life-Wheel instead. Also gives you enough %max life to use Kingsguard instead of Kaom's Heart, feeling much better because of the 1k insta heal and some more gem sockets for leap slam, golems and stuff.

That should about sum it up. I am open for suggestions how to make this Tier 8 build even more expensive/better, or even questions should you really want to waste your currency on this.

Update: While it is really fun up to tier 15 it is definitely not worth it. Sometimes boos fights get really annoying. Better opt for tullfall with 2 powerless jewells and no ignite but initial damage i guess.

Have a nice day
Yours faithfully,
DiscoveryChannel
Last edited by DiscoveryChannel on Jan 26, 2017, 8:56:09 AM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2017, 12:14:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info