Stuck in channeling animation

Sometimes my flameblastist gets stuck in the channeling animation. This happens often in labyrinth after Izaro dies (probably has something to do with Izaro's elevator) but it happend in other places of labyrinth too. I include a video to show how this bug appears on my screen, I am pretty sure the witch is running around happily on the server side. I can get back to normal by removing the flameblast skill from my gear.

✠ ✠
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2017, 1:58:08 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Had this issue earlier today with scorching ray.
This also happens with Blade Flurry. You are stuck in the animation and have to recast it a couple of times to get out of it. Another weird thing is when recasting the stuck channeling animation, you teleport short distances.

EDIT: With Blade Flurry it is a little different tho. You can not use any other skills while being stuck in the animation.
Last edited by Draknador on Jan 26, 2017, 10:58:33 AM
ugh.. i just died to this crap. 3 months ggg to fix this crap
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
ugh.. i just died to this crap. 3 months ggg to fix this crap

They are working on Xbox version, then no time to fix bugs and performance issues on PC.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxShadow on Feb 4, 2017, 1:50:50 PM
*bump*

At least 5 month later... still a major problem for skills that need to be channeled.

Scorching Ray just locked on when I killed Izaro... but I've had it lock on multiple occasions when killing Voll in A4 Lake too.

Thanks to the OP, for the tip of removing your skill gem to make the animation-lock stop.

I did some experimenting while Scorching Ray was stuck displaying.
Some things that I noticed:

* Normal computer operation on other programs is unaffected (Notepad, etc)

* Tabbing in/out of game does not fix the issue, neither does moving the game window or resizing.

* My "Ice Storm" from Whispering Ice is linked to this using Cast While Channeling... but was not going off, so the skill Scorching Ray although showing as casting, was not really casting.

* I could still RightClick (my Scorching Ray key) to cast Scorching Ray, along with with the Ice Storm attached to it.

* I could left-click and hold to make my character move server-side without it moving client-side.

* After doing the server-side move... I could RightClick to cast Scorching Ray for a split second to update the client with a new location. The casting animation would be interrupted for a split second as the character position updated.

* Removing the Scorching Ray gem and putting it back stopped the animation and let me move around freely again, instead of the locked animation holding causing desync and it to look like I'm stationary and channeling (props to OP for pointing this one out).

* It appears that this happens when the character is knocked-back while releasing the skill that they are channeling. This seems to stop the skill understanding that the key was released... and trying to toggle it back off by using the skill again has no effect, probably due to it being considered a different animation "loop" and the last one is still playing as it didn't get the Button_Up message?

If the last point is true (speculation, based on appearance atm), simply having the SkillAnimationLoop.Update() check for the current button state would fix this by having it move to the "stop animation" routine when the button is no longer being pressed (or whatever names your coders gave to your routines). Your coders will understand, GGG :)
Last edited by Genzzry on May 16, 2017, 1:09:36 PM
This needs more attention. Happens atleast once a day with scorching ray, would hate to rip to this kind of bug..
Last edited by tobbaen on Aug 11, 2017, 7:02:53 PM
"
tobbaen wrote:
This needs more attention.

Yes. See my thread for more info: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1964384/page/1

--

Spamming the hotkey for the skill works somewhat to get it unstuck.
It is probably client side only which means escape skills (etc) still work - some of them just dont show on the client.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
I just had the same issue. Scorching Ray would not stop casting until I removed the gem from an item. I was standing on the elevator in stage 2 Cruel lab when Izaro died and the bug locked me in place while ads tried to murk me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info