[2.5]Storm Herald Inquisitor (in development)

Hi, i'm relatively new to this game, i played diablo games ever since they got released, but recently dropped them to play PoE (tho i tried it before). So my first few builds failed miserably, i tried some "high tier" builds from guides i found and learnt a few things. Here's my first self made build, i'm kind of satisfied with it, drop your thoughts below, constructive criticism is welcome.

Features
-tons of lightning dmg
-lots of shock
-cast on hit and on crit
-tanky as hell
-cheap build
-easy to play
-flashy

Core Uniques

Explanation
Spoiler

Mjölner: This procs our damage abilities, pretty much a no brainer.
The Brass Dome: Tons of armor and basically crit immunity, as we are in melee range most of the times this helps a lot to survive. Cost you some MS and Block% but it's not that bad imo.
Essence Worm: Mana reserve, 'nough said.
Choir of Storms: Extra INT to get requirements, more crits that scale with light res, more light dmg on crit (which ignores resistance thx to Inquisitor passives) and a lightning bolt on crit.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Concept Passive Tree
This is the core, add life%, armor, resist, ele dmg or whatever you see fit.

My current skill tree
Still messing around with it to get the most out of it, with the least forced investment cause of Mjölner requirements.

Gear
Spoiler

You will need some STR and INT in your gear to be able to use Mjölner, other than that, just put HP, ele res and chaos res into every possible slot.

I know, my body armor is not 6 link yet, planning to add Power Charge on Crit, not sure about 6th however.

For helmet enchant i'm plan for +%dmg to Storm Call, as it is our single target skill, Shock Nove is mostly for trash clear and to keep up shock. Other enchants doesnt really seem to impact much as i noticed.

Links
Spoiler

Weapon:
Storm Call, Shock Nova, Iron Wil supp - Mjölner will autocast the lightning skills and with the STR requirement of the weapon, Iron Will counts a lot

Shield:
Blood Magic, Faster Attacks, Leap Slam/Shield Charge - Just some spammable mobility skill

Body:
Cyclone, Increased Crit, Power Charge on Crit, Fortify - Most importantly, crits and perma fortify. I don't have a 6 link to experiment around, but life leech seems useful, waiting for tips on this tho.

Helm/Glove/Boots:
CWDT, Immortal Call, Blood Rage, Increased Duration - No brainer, tried Vaal Haste, but overall found Blood Rage better.
CWDT, Summon Ice Golem, Tempest Shield, Increased Duration - Flashy extra block chance and free Ice Golem for more crits
Herald of Thunder, Blasphemy, Warlord's Mark - Warlords for survival, as aura since we use cyclone we are in range all the time. Herald of Thunder into unused socket.

Ring:
Wrath - Increased light spell dmg, added light damage to cyclone, no mana reserved thx to Essence Worm. Still enough non-reserved mana to keep up Cyclone.

Jewels
Spoiler

Might have to throw in a few attribute ones. I'm using the STR to INT one in the node below Scion Constitution nodes. Other than that useful ones are:

-resistances (ele res increases crit chance too)
-life%
-attack speed with 1h/mace
-attack and cast speed
-crit chance with 1h/mace
-global crit chance
-spell dmg
-light dmg

Tips welcome

Flasks
I'm not a professional in this matter so help is welcome. Currently just using Bleed/Freeze remove, a fast healing and a sulphur and diamond flask.

Leveling
Spoiler

For leveling i used thrusting swords with Wild Strike, the high amount of "free" ele dmg an inquisitor gets carries you until you can get a Mjölner. On the Wild Strike just stack everything to boost its elemental part, but Wrath gives a lot of flat ele dmg to it anyway.

On the skil tree i built up some ele dmg, then mostly went for attributes to be able to wield Mjölner. Messing around a lot with which life% and armour nodes to get, but 10k+ armour should be enough with fortify and the occasional Endurance Charges from Warlord's.

Alternatively, you can probably just grab a spell for leveling and play ranged.

Videos
https://youtu.be/wna3o0339YA - Noobish T8 map clear, highest i had at the moments, but atleast got some footage
Last edited by ShortyHUN on Jan 25, 2017, 12:28:43 AM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 3:49:49 AM
lol nice to see a breach unique build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info