I'm out

Ive been maining the Warden and like Mulla found the game to get pretty boring after a while. Parrying vs some characters like the peacekeeper when there's a little bit of latency is too risky, you're better off just blocking them so you really only use parrys against the slower characters unless you and your opponent have a solid connection. If the latency is really bad then the person who has the faster character like an Orochi definitely has the advantage which is the same in dark souls pvp right now, most people who will try and parry you in dark souls are doing it out of desperations (assuming you're not a scrub who just spams r1 all day) hitting a parry on a good opponent is too risky when there's a little bit of latency involved so you rarely ever see anyone try it in a tournament so the fast weapons like CCS, washing pole, gargoyle flame spear and estoc are the tier 1 weapons.

The 4v4s in For honor are pretty fun but the game needs different game modes to stay interesting. I mainly play 1v1 and 4v4 in the beta but after about 2 hours im looking for something else to do. The fact that gear only helps in 4v4 doesn't make me want to grind for gear or open those mystery gear packs. Im not sure if they are adding a real ladder at launch but the game really needs one. You can't have a prestige warden going against a lvl 1 conqueror its just boring for both sides or you end up getting a high lvl guy who just spams the same attack over and over again (i fought a high lvl berserker who would only do the spin attack to the left side) hopefully we get some kind of MMR otherwise its just like ds3 pvp everyone is a rank gold in the arena but most golds are scrubs because the ranking doesn't mean anything.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
"
MullaXul wrote:
For Honor was great for the first few hours. Now it just feels redundant and frustratingly boring. The idea is there, was pretty well implemented but overall this shit gets stale really really fast. Between I don't know if its shitty input windows or online latency problems (I have 150/150 fiber internet that actually nets me over 160+). You get hit by stuff you know you blocked, by stuff you know you dodged, you can barely guard break reject with your own guard breaks (guard breaks lead to guaranteed hits from the side).

Everyone plays Vikings so they can try to carry and throw you which is whatever. Though everyone plays Samurai for status ailments and speed, which in 1v1,2v2 gear doesn't count so these things can't be defended against unless you....block/evade/parry. Which you will clearly how telegraphed everyone is but you'll still find yourself getting hit even if your reactions are on point. I've had some of the shittiest people you could imagine just left slash 4x in a row and couldn't block a single one for instance. I can think of a lot better stuff to do with my $60-100. If I wanted to play a shitty PvP game I'd log in here.

I have mainly played 1v1 and 2v2 and dont really share any of the complaints. I have gone against some really tough opponents and even being frustrated while losing, it made me a better player. I am at the point now I can flawless most my friends on my list using the Conqueror. Its the most fun I have had pvping in awhile. I played war of the roses, war of the vikings, of king and men, mount and blade, chivalry, vikings & pirates & knights, all the darksouls (I PvPed mainly), and this is by far the best mix up. Its hard to decide when to dodge an attack instead of block, when to attack instead of block breaker, when to counter or break a block break. I love how there is so much going on, its a game of reaction time. Most the complaints of yours that I see and my friends share...is because they are trying to attack while blocking. I watched the advanced hero video a few times and played the advanced tutorial and just practiced all the shit u learn there over and over until it was 2nd nature. My friends who have not watched or practiced their advanced techniques literally cant even hit me once. If you have not watched it, it may improve the quality of play for you.

Conan Exiles looks pretty cool, check it out if u have not already!

Thanks for the write up! The advanced techniques NEED to be second nature if you wanna get good at this game. The difference was night and day between the testers that were assigned to certain game areas and testers that were assigned to combat mechanics when we had in house PvP.

It's not a super high skill cap game, but there is still a good learning curve.

Those of you with latency issues, it'll get significantly better on release.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 29, 2017, 12:53:08 PM
cya op u wont be miss btw can i have ur gears?
I hope your kind words for GGG were worth it because it would be pretty embarassing if you suddenly decide to start streaming again in 3.0.0. The internet is not exactly a forgiving place.

Last edited by Insert_Pixels on Feb 27, 2017, 10:46:00 AM
I still bought For Honor btw, I know this isn't exactly the thread for it but it's more important to talk about then PT because who gives a fuck about him anyways?

I appreciate what it brings to the table. The latency is still an issue though. I too main Warden and am reputation lvl 2 with 66 gear. The game just gets redundant very quickly and I can't really find a solution. Ultimately I've considered it a good buy and something to jump on here and there to decapitate bitches when I have nothing else to do.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
I hope your kind words for GGG were worth it because it would be pretty embarassing if you suddenly decide to start streaming again in 3.0.0. The internet is not exactly a forgiving place.

wtf are u talking about? He doesnt need forgiveness from anyone. I agree with his feelings on this matter. If he decides to stream again cool, if not I understand why.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info