[2.5] Making RF Viable Again, Inquisitor Templar



Every new league I like to add a bit of new and a bit of old. So, by trying out some of the new items like the Formless Inferno and some new skills like cast when channel and scorching ray. And mixing them with some stuff that needs some love like righteous fire and flame surge i got a totally unique experience that also clears up to tier 16 maps! (The 9.4k life feels good too)

Mechanics

The first big thing is the righteous fire sustain to not get too complicated, you need to get more life regen than rf is doing damage to you. This is relatively simple just by getting all of the necessary passive tree nodes and a "Rise of The Phoenix" shield for +8 maximum fire resistance. but you don't need any life regen on your gear, and you should be able to sustain rf without a stone golem or vitality.

Secondly, because rf and scorching ray count as a burn, we can scale burning damage and damage over time. This paired with the flame surge case while channel combo, gives the flame surge the extra 50% damage because the enemy is always burning.

Another thing is that elemental reflect isnt an issue because righteous fire and scorching ray aren't affected and because of the 9.4k like the damage reflected because of flame surge isn't significant

Gear


Doon Cuebiyari: One of the most important uniques because of the damage scaling per strength, at the moment i have around 640 strength which is scaled by both the flat damage and the iron will support here, we link scorching ray, flame surge, and cast while channeling here and it has more than enough damage.

The Formless Inferno: This new helmet is absolutely insane, it gives life, phys as fire damage taken, which is very nice because of the 88% fire res. and the extra armour is so much, with 214 uncapped fire res, this helm gives around 7500 armour!, best in slot by far.

Rise of the Phoenix: nessasary fro almost all rf builds, gives nice armour, but the most important thing is the +8% max fire resistance, there is no way around using this shield

Kaom's Heart: Incredible for this build the fire damage is nice and the life not only adds defense but because rf scales damage off life it adds even more damage!, the drawback of it not having sockets isn't a drawback as there is nothing more needed in this build.

Priorities: On the rest of your gear you should try to max out resistances but then life, strength and more fire res is what you should be going for, attack speed on gloves may be good because of shield charge speed, and you need dex in your gear somewhere, i put it on my amulet.

Level 90-Stats


Flasks

You can really do whatever you want here but the most important is the experimentor's ruby flask of iron skin with this up you get mroe regen and because of the formless inferno you get 3500 more armour with this up.

I use the overflowing chalice because the damage and the consecrated ground work well into this build and the effect is so good in breaches, the flask is very underrated in my opinion.

Jewels
The Best Stats:
Fire Damage
Spell damage while holding a shield
Damage over time
Area Damage
Damage
Life
Armour
Fire resistance

Alternatives

The Red Dream/Nightmare: some may say that it is obvious that this is just better, but i have found that I would rather have a good jewel than this and becuase of Instruments of Virtue, enduring cry both gives more than enough endurance charges and it gives more attack speed, which in turn is more clear speed.

Xoph's Blood: this is very good in this build and is generally better than any rare amulet you can get but unless you can get lots of dex somewhere else, it is very hard to get enough dex to run a high level faster attacks for shield charge, but it is an option.

Leveling

Oak-Passive-Passive

leveling is pretty quick and simple, just use firestorm or flameblast because you're scaleing area and fire damage, and your typical leveling uniques and you're set.

You usually cant use rf until you have the rising phoenix so don't try to use it early cause its just a pain.

Videos

haha theres nothing here

Will post videos if this gets popular, if not i'm too lazy :P




Last bumped on Jan 24, 2017, 10:00:55 PM
Looks interesting. So this is end game viable? Any difficulty with any map bosses?
"
EvilWiffles wrote:
Looks interesting. So this is end game viable? Any difficulty with any map bosses?


The most difficult boss was hydra by far, just because the dodging potential is hard without a very fast shield charge, but the rest are rather trivial, especially if you don't use rf, that gives you so much life regen you can face tank almost anything. I've been running uber lab the most, this is a really great izaro farmer because he does almost no damage to you, and argus is ignite immune, but it isn't igniting it's burning so there is no downside there.

And i haven't tried shaper or chayula yet, but all the other breach lords are easy especially xoph.
Last edited by BBTay on Jan 23, 2017, 6:18:09 PM
"
Completed 8 ChallengesBBTay wrote:
"
EvilWiffles wrote:
Looks interesting. So this is end game viable? Any difficulty with any map bosses?


The most difficult boss was hydra by far, just because the dodging potential is hard without a very fast shield charge, but the rest are rather trivial, especially if you don't use rf, that gives you so much life regen you can face tank almost anything. I've been running uber lab the most, this is a really great izaro farmer because he does almost no damage to you, and argus is ignite immune, but it isn't igniting it's burning so there is no downside there.

And i haven't tried shaper or chayula yet, but all the other breach lords are easy especially xoph.


Gotcha.

"


Let me know if anything is worth replacing. I still haven't gotten the jewels setup and still leveling the gems. It can clear Dried Lake and some tier 10 maps (with exception of bosses in maps, can be difficult).

"





This is a re-purposed character, so I don't recall what I picked for the bandits.
"


Unless, you forgot to link your chest, the kaom's heart is essentail. Not only will it help with boss troubles becuase of the flat health, but more health=more damage, so youll kill the bosses, and the whole map, faster. And if there is something that you just cant kill or is tricky, (underground river boss for me) just portal back right before the boss and try to do it without rf, it will take a bit longer but youll be practically unkillable. :)
Yeah, I forgot to link it since I use the chest piece for another build.
Right now, I'm sitting at 8.1k of HP.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnBAcEswYOCfYMUgxfDc0SaRQgFE0WbxccGFYYkRkuGjgaPhpsHKcczh0UHwIkqicvJ-0pLimLK1Ay0TWSNsU26TpYOtg64TwFPC09D0GHQ8hFR0WdTwRTUlOlVcZXDVugXz9mVGhlaHRo8nF5dqx35XwOfLh8u4AwggeCm4PMg9uFe5BVmjua4JtunHudrp7Nn8uf36IApwinMKdVqLmtja-ntz68n8BmxFjE9sauz37SIdR82CTYvdlh2XzaYt-G42rr7uw47WHvDu988B_xrPIv8kHyRfOb9kj56PrS_Ev-Cv5U?accountName=EvilWiffles&characterName=EvilWafflie

I had to mess around with the passive tree to get more health. +25% instead of grabbing the rest of the HP cluster which would give me only +15%.

Also updated the rings and jewels. I got jewels that give me most of my dex with added benefits.
Left me room for more wiggle room on rings now.
Last edited by EvilWiffles on Jan 24, 2017, 5:17:51 PM
"
EvilWiffles wrote:
Yeah, I forgot to link it since I use the chest piece for another build.
Right now, I'm sitting at 8.1k of HP.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnBAcEswYOCfYMUgxfDc0SaRQgFE0WbxccGFYYkRkuGjgaPhpsHKcczh0UHwIkqicvJ-0pLimLK1Ay0TWSNsU26TpYOtg64TwFPC09D0GHQ8hFR0WdTwRTUlOlVcZXDVugXz9mVGhlaHRo8nF5dqx35XwOfLh8u4AwggeCm4PMg9uFe5BVmjua4JtunHudrp7Nn8uf36IApwinMKdVqLmtja-ntz68n8BmxFjE9sauz37SIdR82CTYvdlh2XzaYt-G42rr7uw47WHvDu988B_xrPIv8kHyRfOb9kj56PrS_Ev-Cv5U?accountName=EvilWiffles&characterName=EvilWafflie

I had to mess around with the passive tree to get more health. +25% instead of grabbing the rest of the HP cluster which would give me only +15%.

Also updated the rings and jewels. I got jewels that give me most of my dex with added benefits.
Left me room for more wiggle room on rings now.


Nice! i have about 8.6k life without jewels, so you should be fine for now but if you want even more life, it may be better than some damage nodes because of the more life=more damage thing, but once you fill out the constitution ring you should be set!
Yeah, don't know what I should drop from the passive though, I don't know if dropping Holy Fire passive would be okay for a bump in health because that gives me 40% of burning damage.

Once I reach level 93, I should have around 8.5k. Mind linking the jewels you've got? I might just back off the dex and save another slot for HP. Actually, just testing with a Brawn Crimson Jewel, I can get 8.8k. Don't really need a high level faster attack because I was rocking a lvl 20 one.
Last edited by EvilWiffles on Jan 26, 2017, 11:38:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info