Need build Suggestion. Very fast Clear + Easy to Play

Hey, I'm looking for a new build to play in Breach Softcore. My goal for my next build is to get as close to level 100 as possible. I know this league is about to end, so I wanted to start this build now, and then next league, I could get really serious on this one build.

There's couple things I'm looking for:
-Very fast clear speed. I want to do only shaped maps and see if I can push for level 100 next league
-Easy to play. I want a build I can play half asleep
-Non-stressful and relaxing build. I want something I can come home from work and just grind a bit on maps without it being too much work
-I'm not looking for something that's super lazy (not press anything), but I don't want to be constantly managing my flask up-time and using lots of different skills all the time.

I played 2-3 builds for this season and these are my thoughts on both:

CWC Whispering Ice: Really simple build to play. However, damage not coming out until .33 seconds later made it feel slow to me. I was constantly trying to move fast forward and sometimes caught myself in a bad position when the leech doesn't come out until .33 seconds later. Also leap slam felt a bit slow for me. Wanted something faster.

Whispering Ice without CWC: Also a really simple build to play, but didn't have much offscreen damage. I was always trying to move in too close and got myself in bad positions. Also, didn't move too fast, so I felt the clear speed was fairly slow.

Vaal Spark: Super fast clear speed compared to other 2 builds. But I hated having to manage my flask charges and vaal spark charges all the time. To me, this was a bit stressful to play and not super easy to play. I didn't like that if I had to stop to pick up an item, I won't be able to chain my vaal spark forward and I would need to use spark for a little before getting vaal spark up again. Just felt like I was always in a rush and when my Vinktar isn't up, I was considerably weaker.

I'm kinda looking for a build that's easy to play like whispering ice, but fast also. Clearing all bosses isn't a requirement as my goal is to hit level 100 next league. Also preferably can scale as a league starter, but not necessary a requirement.
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 8:20:16 PM
Not sure how much currency you have, but I am really enjoying my Vaal RF lowlife Elementalist w/ Abberath's Hooves.

You basically run around and let your boots kill everything then pop vaal rf on the boss and oneshot them.

Current gear:

Spoiler

Link to characters: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Prisus/characters

Char name is HotIce.

Build wasn't cheap, but it meets your criteria.
Would the build be feasible as a league starter transition? Do you happen to have a guide for it also?
Totem builds are in a pretty good place right now, they combine both high clear speed and the ability to run most map mods without much hassle, which is crucial when you're aiming to minimize the cost of map crafting and maximize experience per hour. They're also very easy to play, so long as you're comfortable with relying on manual avoidance and regeneration instead of leech for sustain.

Flameblast is a reliable pick with its high damage, good AoE, and low base mana cost which makes it an ideal candidate for Spell Totem. Inquisitor and Elementalist are two popular ascendancies for it, both with strong selling points. Choosing the Witch has the benefit of opening the possibility to switch to a low-life The Scourge Necromancer build down the road, Commander of Darkness having strong synergy with totems.

That would be my suggestion. Don't have a character for reference, sorry. You should be able to easily find guides if that piqued your interest however, totems were and are popular in Breach league.
Last edited by Rockstopper on Jan 20, 2017, 2:04:58 PM
"
mrutomi wrote:
Would the build be feasible as a league starter transition? Do you happen to have a guide for it also?

Well not sure what you mean by "league starter transition".

This particular character was a vaal sparker before i converted to this build (got bored of spark).

Unfortunately i don't really do guides. Just make crazy builds lol. Sorry.
I've actually seen a bit of videos of totem builds. It doesn't feel much faster than whispering ice build. Not sure if that's true though.
I see some shield charge builds in the top 100 playing trickster. What build do they play?
"
mrutomi wrote:
I see some shield charge builds in the top 100 playing trickster. What build do they play?

Those are CoC Dischargers using Cospri's Malice. Shield charge+Cyclone are the trigger skills for the discharges.
U MAD?
What about the HOWA ST. Any thoughts on that in terms of ease of play and clear speed?
What about the HOWA ST. Any thoughts on that in terms of ease of play and clear speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info