Vaal Cyclone randomly never hit

This issue cause me to death many times.
Occur 3/10 attempts.
For some reason, my Vaal Cyclone do not deal any damage. Or exactly, it never hit enemy (cus my Ngamahu molten burst is not activated).

I have do some try, and it seem to occur in 2 case:
1/ After cast Vaal Cyclone, the skill soul instantly filled to 64/64 again (merciless) and then drop back to 0. Randomly, it's not drop to 0 and the skill will never hit.
2/ After period of time after cast, if a monster which is stuck into map object pulled to cyclone later, it also won't be hit.

In both case, the skill just never hit enemy, pulling effect still work (and that's why i died many times).
For more info, this is my passive skill tree, it have a node which have the same effect "Attack cannot evade" with Vaal Cyclone, and The skill is linked with Increase Duration Support.
"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0ILgmWDY0OPBGBFCAUTRRxFHUXJhiRGYoZjho-GlUiryPTI_YqODB3Mn426DhTOQ46Ujy-PfxB0EMxRmlHfkz_TZJOKlBHVP5W-lhjWK9Z_loaW69fP19wYSFjp2RSZU1vJ3Ttdqx253h6eoR673zZfXWCB4NthNmE74VShmCHaozPjX2PYJAKlwaXeZpqm42jiqTCqSeplK2Nr-u747yfvTa95r6nwaPDM8M6xKLG2M9-0K3TftjV2WHZfNrB3UbiYeRR6hjrCe2D7g7vDu968i_yQfZI9zL46_lj_Ev8xf66

This is the best photo i have, sorry about that but i must handle the mobs and flasks when the issue occur.
Last edited by epicfredo on Jan 19, 2017, 12:36:54 PM
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2017, 9:50:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hello, this is another photo that i have just captured.
Please notice that i'm using Ngamahu's Flame (there is no molten burst, mobs's ES is full) and my dps should take this mob in 1 hit. Beside of that, my golem's skill still managed to take some of mob's life while i'm stuck in skill.

Last edited by epicfredo on Jan 19, 2017, 12:24:01 PM
Hello, this is another photo for the first case (where skill soul is filled back to 64/64).
The "black-sphere things" and flame is skill effect of the Exile Rogue. This is tier 6 - Racecourse map (i saved before turn the map to Shaped Racecourse). And the damage really take my effort to capture this photo.
And please notice another IMPORTANT INFO: I CAN NOT activate Vaal Cyclone again (with a hope to fix bugged skill) when i'm stuck in cyclone. Which mean i have to bear for 8 seconds with flasks if the skill bugged like this, and it mostly result a death.

up as this issue just got my whole exp bar.
Up
May i have any response like "we're trying to reproduce" or even "we will consider treat this issue as a bug"?
If you have any question please ask me. This issue is happen quite often from my side. Unable to do anything but flask while stuck. Some more info: In the bottom is my laptop's system detail, where the issue occur. It's also occur on my PC, which have:

Graphic: NVDia GTX 760
RAM: 8GB DDR3
CPU: Intel core i5 4460

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/22/2017, 10:55:13
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 3420
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/04/13 16:55:36 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3962MB RAM
Page File: 3681MB used, 3780MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode
I think there most likely a real bug going on.

Here is another thread that has experiences what I think is same stuff as you, vacuuming mob but not hitting.

If i have any guesses to contribute it may be something to do with monster interaction limits like old discharge only can hit 20 mobs, maybe you can only 'vaccuum' and 'hit' so many mobs combined and somehow you are vaccuuming max number leaving 0 hits allowed or something. Just a random idea.
Actually I read more and i noticed you said your soul counter restores to 64/64, and that you are playign with 250ms latency which means probably predictive mode. In this case (unlike the thread I linked) it may be a better of desync where on your screen you are vaal cycloning causing you to be unable to do other stuff.

I think the mob's being vacuumed is also a desync thing, it is perfectly possible for monster locations to be desynced as well so perhaps you aren't really vacuuming them all in, if you were I would expect 100% death rate anytime more than 5-10 monsters are vacuumed, but you say you only died usually, so it was probably same as just being forced to stand still for 8 seconds inside a map, sometimes you can survive with just flask.

Anyways some stuff aside from bug or desync, you could consider getting some vengeance setup to help you out when anything like this happens
Hello @biyte,

Thanks for the info. I will try to learn about this desync issue and related setup in game (if any).
But i have some thing to discuss which may related to this.

My term of "mostly result a death" is counted the times i do the low-level map or Dried Lake (I had grind the DL map for a challenge before made this post). But even in Dried Lake, too many mobs vacuumed by this issue will also kill me (I said that in case the devs may search for logs when i died and found no issue in the first match. I use the skill quite often, it's more like my main skill, you can see in the pics, not many corpse on the ground. I also have 1 instant recovery flask and Immortal Call with Warlord Mark, it's helped much. My connection is not really good, so using some skill with long duration like this will save me in case i got delayed for 3-4s, which often happen, like you can see in first pic, latency got flatten out, it's when i got delayed).

I'm pretty sure the monster's location is not desync-ed most of the times, because my normal Cyclone right after that will kill the vacuumed mobs right away. But in case 2 from my 1st post, yes, it's sometimes do teleported to other location where they stuck before.

And another ridiculous thing that's may or may not related to this issue: when mapping i sometimes get teleported through the walls to another room where i have not explored before. And i have to go all the way back to my original location for loot, which may cost 30secs or so.
Last edited by epicfredo on Jan 22, 2017, 12:11:00 AM
same problem here

last time I open breach, press vall cyclone, rip :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info