Cast While Channeling Doesn't Support Lightning Tenrils as TRIGGERED Spell Either

I know Lightning Tendrils is not a channeled spell. However, when I try to link it to 'Cast While Channeling" as the TRIGGERED spell, as in, NOT the channeled spell, it doesn't cast that way either.

I understand it shouldn't work as the Channeled spell, but I thought all that is required for it to be cast when I use another Channel is for it to be a spell...
Last edited by AmbitiousMinnow on Jan 18, 2017, 9:59:28 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 1:21:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This isn't a bug as Light Tend is a mock "channeled" spell ie you have to "keep casting" it. It can't be used with CwC.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
This isn't a bug as Light Tend is a mock "channeled" spell ie you have to "keep casting" it. It can't be used with CwC.

I said exactly that in the original post. I'm asking why I can't use a Channel Spell like 'Wither' for example, and have 'Lightning tendrils' trigger cast when I cast Wither?

- The other way around
Because, as I said, LT is a mock channeled spell itself. It needs to be continually cast and can't be triggered via CwC.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Last edited by Aragorn14 on Jan 18, 2017, 10:27:16 PM
"
Because, as I said, LT is a mock channeled spell itself.

It functions similar to Repeats, ala Echo/Multistrike, moreso than Channeling (which is just "multiple casts when you hold the button", like every Skill :P ).
But, yeah, that's the reason it doesn't work with Triggers. Just one of those Things *shrug*
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 19, 2017, 12:02:20 AM
"
Light Tend is a mock "channeled" spell ie you have to "keep casting" it.
This is not the case. Lightning Tendrils doesn't have anything to do with channelling, "mock" or otherwise.

The reason you can't trigger Lightning Tendrils with CwC is the same reason you can't trigger it with any other trigger gem - it inherently repeats. Triggered skills can't repeat, and repeating skills can't trigger. This is the same reason why a spell can't be supported by both a trigger gem and spell echo - but in the case of Lightning Tendrils, the repeating property is baked-in and unavoidable, rather than coming from a Spell Echo support.
Thanks for the clarification. Bookmarked for future reference. :)

I got what I considered "mock channeling" and repeating terminology mixed (although in my head they are the same thing thanks to your explanation).

Good answers, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info