How We Approach Console Development

You're playing a very risky game GGG that could cost the whole company. Let's see how this will turn out. Will it be GG or BG?
First of all cool trailer....and grats on xbone release.

Second of all: please explain why in a five man party we still have immense server lag/crashes.

Its not my computer at fault (i7 4 gh, 980ti, 16 gb ram, ssd 850pro)or my internet connection(1000 mbps VERY VERY stable connection... basicly almost no problems when i play solo). So it means problems come from YOUR side....
"
Karatecowboy wrote:
Can we at least get an offline version of the current version of the game or something before this becomes an unplayable Diablo 3 clone? Id pay money for that.

I support that idea, please, make it happen.A standalone Path Of exile PC version.

You can do whatever you please with your game and company, but I think many people would buy that.

I would.
"
BlackAlnet wrote:
Whose game is 400% more faster??
Mine is. But I'd rather have a laggy, buggy, deync ridden actual game than polished turd.
"
Chris wrote:

We hired new team members specifically for the the console project. They were directly responsible for the massive improvements to frame rate, client load times, memory use, as well as the introduction of the 64-bit client, DirectX 11 renderer and new audio system. These changes were immediately released to the PC version as soon as they were available. Even if you're not a console gamer, this project improved the game for you.

I only want to reply about this, improve your 3.5y old game that don't work well even on a 2000€ pc is a thing you should do, no matter what!!!
The real question is, does GGG think they'll gain enough PAYING Xbox One customers to make up for the loss of the PC players that choose not to buy supporter packs, at least for a while? I feel PC gamers by default will drop more money especially since they've been playing this game for years and are very attached. If you lose even 20% of those people that always buy supporter packs, do you think a niche game (even more of a niche game on console) will make up for it? PoE is NOT Diablo 3. It doesn't have the following. It doesn't have the name (Blizzard) behind it, which is probably why a lot of people tried D3 on console in the beginning. And then you have it only on xbox and not ps4, which cuts a lot of money out as well. I tend to find PS4 players a bit more hardcore than Xboxone (just my experiences).

This is a very risky plan. You risk alienating your paying customers (for years) to gain more, but you may just lose more than you gain. I don't think PoE will be as popular as you would hope on console. I think Blizzard realizes this too, and that game as went to trash with dupes and whatnot.

It's also kind of a slap in the face to tell your PC customers that the reason we've getting some performance upgrades is only because of the console team/idea? That really gives me pause for concern.

I hope everything is fine, and I'm not going to jump off the cliff yet, but I seriously may hold off on supporter packs for a while to see how it goes. You guys had to expect this, right? Also will our MTX be usable on the Xbox version? I think it's important that if PC players WANT to play on the xbox realm they should be able to have their MTX and whatnot over there as well.
Could you fix ground effects and server calculation lag first, please. :(
Ty for Scam Chris.
Time to move on.
I understand that X-Box will bring more money for you, but there are lot of other todo on pc which not done yet.

-Every league starting with crash and bug waves
-Still need to use external sites to trade
-Still the game can lag on power pc's.
-Still can't keep up the 3 month update cycle.

I'm really love this game but instead shitbox development make the PC more better. I remember when you started a crowfunding. Now you are a Blizzard 2..
Bye PoE. I guess this is how it ends.

I don't know how I would feel if I had thousands of dollars worth of supporter packs bought (like some people here), now that I paid for some 12 years old to play on their TV a retarded version of my game ;_;

I hope they'll fail hard with this version and return to PC only. Fuck Xbox, fuck consoles.
Last edited by iCatalin on Jan 19, 2017, 8:47:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info