Tips on making money late in the league?

So we are 2 months in the league and I can actually feel the economy slowing down.

People are not very active. Gears that show up on poe.trade are either GG 10ex gears or vendor trash being sold for 30c.

The most productive item generators (actual good players who go for challenge completion and league first lvl 100) are all but gone.

At this point of the league, it seems that generating currency is very different from the beginning of the league.

In the beginning of the league, uberlab farming was the best way to make money. 3 weeks in, speed clearing was all the jazz. Now, neither one of those are good enough to generate the kind of currency required to progress, because the gears on poe.trade are either super good but being marketed towards people who have been farming the whole league (ie. costs over 10 ex) or items that are marketed towards people who have been farming the whole league but are actually bad (ie. costs over 2 ex but has a tier 6 life roll).

With the economy in this state, I think it's quite difficult to make currency anymore. Uberlab farming sometimes doesn't even cover the costs of an offering, speed clearing gears are now out of reach and ever since the price of sextants went up 600%.

So what do the remaining people who want to complete the challenges late into the league do to make money?

What do you guys do to make money?
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2017, 11:59:15 PM
Just run lots of maps and sell everything you find for chaos.

Jewelers orbs? Sell for fusings, then sell for chaos
Sextants? Sell for chaos
High tier maps (14+)? Sell for chaos
Running shaped maps? Sell shaped strands (admittedly they went from 5c to 3c).
Unid chaos vendor recipe.
Uniques you won't use? Sell for chaos
Divination cards you won't use? Sell for chaos
Atziri sets you've collected but don't really want to run? Sell for chaos.
Corrupted an essence into one of the 4? sell for chaos
Edit: Oh yeah, run meta gems in offhand and level up. Either empower/enlighten to 3 and vaal for 4 (huge profit) or even just running flameblast/melee damage on full life/increased duration/increased area of effect. Inc AoE sell for 12c for a 20Q gem!!! Level 6 of those in offhand/extra sockets with fast build and you should be able to make huge profits from that.

Selling shaped maps is by far the biggest money earner. I just ran 25 shaped mesas yesterday

Total profits would be 45c/hr if selling the shaped strands I found or 23c/hr if I kept the strands.
Last edited by ClickHitBoom on Jan 18, 2017, 10:54:37 PM
If you really think stuff is heavily overpriced then it sounds like the best way surely is to craft/id rare items and undercut all the overpriced stuff. Demand is still there, I mean I certainly still buy and sell a lot of items; once demand is all but gone you have no choice but to play pseudo-SSF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info