2 Characters, 1 Build: 1.25 BILLION damage (Part2)

Read me
-This is a work in progress that has been undergoing development for more than a year and a half and is still ongoing by both my friend and I. We decided to post the build early than we intended to participate in the talent competition.
-This is a two player build that should only be used by two seasoned exiles with reliable communication.
-This is one of two halfs of a single build that utilizes two skilltrees to be able to deal the highest damage recorded in Path of Exile's history. To check out the other half click the link below.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819547

This build's goals:
1. Break one billion damage ignite while maintaining a legitimate build that can reliably trivialize endgame content.
2. Do 6man party bosses like a Blade Flurry poison Assassin does Dried Lake's Voll.
3. Give GGG one more incentive to nerf/remove/change double dipping.
4. Link Spell Echo to Discharge unironically.
5. Achieve those goals without relying on legacy uniques or mirrored gear.

Build's Idea:
-Self-cast Discharge has always had the highest damage potential in the game from a theoretical point of view but its builds always had one or more issues that prevent it from becoming a true meta skill. This 2 character 1 build idea aims to overcome Discharge's shortcomings while going overboard with its damage to reach truly broken numbers.
-Having this build's entire defenses, partial offense and charge generation built into a different character allows this character to hold the Discharge button at around 0.3 cast speed and still Discharging with near capped crit for 23 charges on every single cast with each crit applying a burn that deals up to 1.25 BILLION damage in its full duration.This is more than 300 MILLION damage per second.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros
-I would say ,the most all around complete build in terms of offence, defense and mobility
-Immune to elemental status ailments mod is no problem, everything dies to the initial hit anyway.
-Can do all map mods. For elemental reflect maps just use the reduced elemental reflect damage Ring and keep fortify up. The only tricky mod is no regen but you can play around that by having your support running 1 less aura and use a low life flask that recovers fast enough to sustain ball lightning but not so fast that it'd heal him to full and end its effect too quickly.

Cons
-Need 2 people to play. This is probably not a con if you like multiplayer games or have a girlfriend Kappa.
-The game tends to get more boring as you play since everything from The Shaper to Act1 Rhoas dies to one crit.

Your Job
Spoiler
-This is a very active Necroaurabot build so you have to lead the way to make sure you generate charges and curse enemies before your Elementalist discharges.
-Get familiar with your auras' area of effect and make sure you don't outrun your Elementalist too much.
-Know when you can and can't facetank and make sure you keep Bone Offering up especially in challenging maps/endgame bosses.
-Know when to keep going and how to partition your downtime to maximize your ES recharge if needed since you're Blood Magic.
-Know how Ball Lightning+Romira's Banquet combo works mechanically.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
-Commander of Darkness
-Mistress of Sacrifice
-Beacon of Corruption
Uber is largely irrelevant

Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDABzcm6FeE3C7AedZ848a_kk3g9-KfNn3MkZxGGpb9L5PpwjqumwLFy-nKzdmwcWYrYCkYVKGYDpSIvS4k5u1hMXsGC9vGYr7CYMJoS_60hsln8vvTvjrFSdXyffXNujTj4x2S67viHzlytNJsQ48FHFyqWZUhtHXz7QMKaWDtjW5Go908ScLZp7pAuGI6hjfv20Z4MOPRr6KNAoNfFxrWAf22uyDcg_KSttPJbzDOlXW2RNAoKcwtzEdqsNtlG-m62Tn-TdvnoRIm4qsqoyxf8bZW3gvLKYo-hFQHRQhYF-wXIrr7pMn

Items
Spoiler

Skill Gems Links
Spoiler

-All gems are level 20 or higher unless otherwise specified.
Prism Guardian: Grace-Determination-Haste
Helmet: Enlighten(Lv3)-Purity of Ice-Purity of Fire-Purity of Lightning
Boots: Vitality-Discipline-Vaal Discipline-Vaal Discipline
Gloves: Generosity-Wrath-Summon Stone Golem-Bone Offering
Weapon: Lightning Warp-Less Duration-Clarity(Lv1)
Body Armour: Ball Lightning(Lv1)-Faster Casting-Greater Multiple Projectiles-Curse On Hit-Flammability-Elemental Weakness

Detailed Explaination/Mechanics

Offense:
Spoiler
-Goal: Generate more charges for your Elementalist's Discharge than they can spend even if they're using Spell Echo and Faster Casting to chain cast it on a boss.

-Powerlessness: Being at 1 maximum Power Charges allows "on reaching maximum Power Charge" effects to occur every single time one charge is generated.

-Romira's Banquet: When you hit an enemy you generate a single power charge per cast.
-Ball Lightning: When you cast a Ball Lightning while one is already travelling, every single time the second Ball Lightning hits an enemy, you generate a power charge as opposed to once per cast. This works with every other ability that deals delayed damage similar to Ball Lightning e.g. Firestorm and Molten Strike. You also apply your curses via Curse On Hit and proc Elemental Equilibrium.

-Tulfall: When you reach your maximum of 1 Power Charge, you lose it and generate a Frenzy Charge.

-Voll's Devotion: When you reach your maximum of 1 Power Charge, you lose it and generate an Endurance Charge.

-Conduit: When you generate a Power Charge, you give it to your Elementalist, lose it, generate a Frenzy and Endurance charges and share them too. This happens instantly and basically means you generate 1 charge of each type for your Elementalist on every single hit. He gets to keep his Power Charges because he doesn't have a crappy wand equipped.

-Ball Lightning Charge Generation Rate:
Every single cast throws out 5 projectiles that hit 5 times per second on every monster that's in range.
For example having 0.18 cast speed on Ball Lightning as Necromancer who gets the cast speed needed from Commander of Darkness I get to cast 5.55 times a second which on a pack of 5 enemies, I am theoretically hitting 138.88 times per second which effectively translates to 138.88 charges per second for my Elementalist.

This number is brought down to 27.77 per second on single target which is still more than enough but can still go way higher by replacing Greater Multiple Projectiles with Slower Projectiles.
Numbers varies with monster size radius and movement, but not enough to disrupt the build in any way.

-Aura effectiveness is very important offensively as well as defensively in this build since it both increases the effectiveness of your casted auras(Determination, Grace..), and the buff provided by Commander of Darkness.
With 60% aura effectiveness and 10 auras running, Commander of Darkness provides 160% increased damage which is particularly strong since it's a damage increase that can double dip on your Elementalist's burn. The cast speed is also further increased which is a necessity for the build's charge generation and your partner's Discharges per second.

Defense:
Spoiler
Grace: gives you a good amount of base flat armor when coupled with Iron Reflexes.
Determination: further boosts your armor.
Endurance Charges: combined with your armor puts you at a permanent 60% physical damage reduction.
Basalt/Stibnite/Jade Flasks: activating one of them puts at around 80%+ or completely capped on physical damage reduction(90%).
Bone Offering and Rumi's Concoction: Cap your Block and put you at 44% Spell Block. I have a legacy Rumi but a non legacy 18% one will cap you as well.

Important Notes:
Spoiler
-If you only throw one Ball Lightning, your partner will get capped on Frenzy and Endurance charges but will only receive 1 Power Charge which is enough for general map clearing. You have to cast a second Ball Lightning while the first is "alive" to get the multiple on hit Power Charges then it loops from there as you keep casting. You can blame Trump for that.

-You should NOT cast Ball Lightning more than twice on a big pack. Ball Lightning hits a crazy amount of times per second and it WILL lag everyone in the instance.

-You have an issue that only lowlife Blood Magic builds who actually use abilities have. When you pay life to cast Ball Lightning it counts as you taking damage which prevents your energy shield from recharging for another 1.9 seconds. This is where Shavronne's Revelation helps immensely.

-You are not just an aurabot. Your speed and movement is the build's speed and movement. The build does not function without you doing your job and doing it right.

Videos/Screenshots:
Spoiler
Quick Shaper:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1LzbZqa2Ow&feature=youtu.be
I cut out the part where my smart friend dies to his potato PC and internet lag because it took him a minute and a half to get back in. Such is the life of Egyptian gamers.

Unedited(arabic gebberish. not recommended):
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoVqPVojKoE

Defense:
Spoiler

Defense with 1 flask:
Spoiler

OffenseKappa:
Spoiler

6player life shaper kill soon!
Build guide video and any more to come!

I wanna thank my mom, my dad, my dog, and myself.
Last edited by theapplepie on Jan 15, 2017, 1:47:35 PM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 2:44:23 PM
building this in breach right now the aurabot atleast i play solo atm any body who wants to build the discharge version hmu i alrdy have all the items in breach
only probelm is what are your bandits?
Also how could i regen es without the shavs revelation
"
khawk3lite wrote:
Also how could i regen es without the shavs revelation

There's actually no way, except you press your mana cost to zero.. would require an Elreon ring, Ball lightning Setup only with Curse on Hit and reduced mana gem.

Can't recommend this version.
wtf are you talking about reduced mana gem and eleron ring. would not add more to my es regen so?
"
khawk3lite wrote:
wtf are you talking about reduced mana gem and eleron ring. would not add more to my es regen so?

Without ZO or Shav's ring, you aren't going to regen es period. He probably meant ES recharge. By reducing Ball Lightning mana cost with reduced mana + elreon ring, you take 0 hp to cast ball lightning, effectively making it so your es recharge is never self interrupted.

Interesting 2 for 1 build, will be trying it in the next HC league.
Last edited by Sickso on Jan 29, 2017, 2:03:43 AM
"
Sickso wrote:
"
khawk3lite wrote:

Without ZO or Shav's ring, you aren't going to regen es period. He probably meant ES recharge. By reducing Ball Lightning mana cost with reduced mana + elreon ring, you take 0 hp to cast ball lightning, effectively making it so your es recharge is never self interrupted.

You can't interrupt ES recharge by casting anyway, since it would take away from your life, not ES (unless you use EB and no BM, which is not the case for this build).

You generally have two options.

1. Bring ball lightning mana cost to zero, and use ZO to transform your HP regen into ES. This is not really an option since it would require dropping FC/GMP and using reduced mana + elreon ring, plus a decent amount of life regen on tree, which is way too much investment.

2. Keep some unreserved life and use life regen to cover ball lightning cost. Then use Shav's ring to cover your ES regen. You can see the OP using this option, with ~80 unreserved life and some regen.
"
Rivx wrote:
"
Sickso wrote:
"
khawk3lite wrote:

You can't interrupt ES recharge by casting anyway, since it would take away from your life, not ES (unless you use EB and no BM, which is not the case for this build).

You generally have two options.

1. Bring ball lightning mana cost to zero, and use ZO to transform your HP regen into ES. This is not really an option since it would require dropping FC/GMP and using reduced mana + elreon ring, plus a decent amount of life regen on tree, which is way too much investment.

2. Keep some unreserved life and use life regen to cover ball lightning cost. Then use Shav's ring to cover your ES regen. You can see the OP using this option, with ~80 unreserved life and some regen.

That's not accurate unfortunately - cast with BM does interrupt ES recharge.
@BeerPact
well i bought a shavs rev any ways

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info