2.5 - Hidden Potential EK Build (starts cheap - should scale to end game - WIP)

This is a work in progress - I will update the content over the next week as I progress.

Background: I wanted to try an EK build because it's totally not in vogue and non-meta- and take it to the end game. I believe I can get there starting with an ultra budget build for the majority of the content and then utilize a few end game items (e.g. +1 curse amulet, Witchfire, Cospris, lvl 21 EK, lvl 21 added chaos) to see how far it can go.

This build is inspired by my previous breach Berserker build that I took to Level 92 - based off of the excellent BV obliteration build found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1682703/page/1

The mechanics should sound familiar to other builds - scale physical damage + chaos/poison and utilize double-dipping damage modifiers (+damage, +spell damage, +physical damage).

The only unique item required upfront is the Hidden Potential Jewel which scales damage by up to 25% for each magic item. It's really fun while leveling to get the significant damage boost from just magic items!

Post Level 80 - a Cospris 5L/6L Chest will be required to get an extra curse and free Poison link).

Leveling

Spoiler

I got to Dried Lake Merciless at Level 61 not even utilizing 3 empty Jewel slots. I had ALL magic items with the exception of the hidden potential gem and the Winds of Change glove (+projectile speed/damage) which is optional but improves quality of life.

For weapons, use 2 easily obtained magic wands with + spell damage, + cast speed.

For other items, getting +life +resist. +Resist(s) on each magic item is mandatory as getting to 75 resists is a challenge and will require some effort to get the right resists.

While leveling, I utilized Flame totem, incinerate, bladefall at various points to supplement damage.

Starting at level 50, I got a 5L magic chest with life & resist.

5L: EK, Pierce, Controlled Destruction, Poison, Spell Echo/Added Chaos
5L EK tooltip damage: 11,363 DPS (could be more if I added two missing jewels).

Note that Blasphemy - Warlords Mark is recommended while leveling to help with leech, but will transition to Vulnerability and eventually tri-curse (enfeeble, temp chains) with the help of Cospris and a +1 curse amulet down the line.

To solve mana issues while leveling, use Clarity and/or Mana flasks.

Passive Tree at Lvl 61: www.poeurl.com/ZPh

(note that I will respec out of the top-right damage nodes later - see end tree - as damage won't be a problem later and +life is better).

Merciless Lab - Checkpoint - at Lvl 73

Spoiler

Easily ran Merciless Lab at Lvl 73 to grant the most important Berserker ascendancy: 40% more damage Aspect of Carnage. (EK tooltip now 27,554 with just 5L on a magic chest).

Intentionally under-equipped at this point to show the viability of this build as a starter/budget option.

Video here: https://vimeo.com/199183876

Lvl 73 Passive Tree here: www.poeurl.com/ZVQ

Tips for Merciless Lab:

Vaal Pact not taken yet to help with traps.
Granite/Basalt/Manual Enduring Cry for Lab Boss.

Planned Ascendancies

Spoiler
1. Pain Reaver (for much needed leech)
2. Crave the Slaughter (kind of useless, just get this later when you are ready for merciless lab)
3. Aspect of Carnage (40% more damage, makes the build)
4. Cloaked in Savagery

Planned End Game Passive Tree

A ton of life:
213% increased maximum life/+138 to maximum life/+106 from strength)

Alchemist nodes for better flask utilization.

5 jewel sockets.

89% increased evasion.

Stun support.

Planned End Game Links

Spoiler

5L on Cospris:
EK (G), Pierce/Void Manipulation (G), Controlled Destruction(B), Spell Echo (B), Added Chaos(B)

6L on Cospris
EK (G), Pierce/Void Manipulation (G), Controlled Destruction(B), Spell Echo (B), Added Chaos(B), Empower (R)

Curse Set-up:
Blasphemy - Enfeeble - Temporal Chains + vuln on chains (via Witchfire brew)

CWDT: use whatever combo you like typical candidates include Immortal Call, Arctic Breath, Vortex, Bladefall (for extra leech healing, damage)

Movement: Flame Dash, Faster Casting

Utility: Vaal Haste, Vaal Lightning Trap

Last edited by atlassound on Jan 12, 2017, 12:17:32 PM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 2:21:18 PM
Updated OP to include lvl 73 checkpoint that grants the most important Berserker ascendancy: 40% more damage Aspect of Carnage. (EK tooltip now 27,554 with just 5L on a magic chest).

Intentionally under-equipped at this point to show the viability of this build as a starter/budget option.

Video here: https://vimeo.com/199183876

Lvl 73 Passive Tree here: www.poeurl.com/ZVQ

Tips for Merciless Lab:

Vaal Pact not taken yet to help with traps.
Granite/Basalt/Manual Enduring Cry for Lab Boss.

Next post will be Uber Lab run.
Last edited by atlassound on Jan 12, 2017, 11:54:41 AM
Will try this build and see what I can optimise!
"
Silenthee wrote:
Will try this build and see what I can optimise!

Awesome - I kind of gave up on it because of the lack of high end single target damage (vs BV and Bladefall for intance - see my other guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1820685_.

May revisit this during the new league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info