[2.5][Cwdt] The Bone Idle build - You walk, it die (T16/Lab/Breachs/Shap?)(Vid)

Hello,

My poe name is Wharrgarbl"inserwhateveryouwant" and I play since the official release. Well, at least like a lot of us I always come back on poe after haven't playin' it for a too long time. In advance I apologize for my terrible english, it's not my native language but I'm going to do my best to share this build.

Fell free to pm me at @Wharrgarblboneidle will I'm writting this if you think I need to change / correct something in the build.

Change from 11/01/2017 :
Changed a little the set up for boots and helmet. Vaal molten shell is now in boots and got a big buff.

Videos

I have a really crappy connection so I can't do many videos. Also sorry for the crap quality (720p), I can't do better for the moment :(

Sorry I can't upload more, connection here is so crappy it litteraly take me 2 day to upload 1 min of video...

A quick introduction to the build
For non-english people : bone idle mean "extremely lazy", just in case your translator goes wrong.

Their is two kinds of theorycrafters on a game.

The first try to find the best way to push the dps at is maximum without dying. They create build that can rip anything fast, sometime those build are safe, sometime not. Most of the time it ask to use +/- a lot of binds indeed.

The second try to find the best way to do the game the laziest way. That does not necessary mean builds are bad, just do not ask them to create something that ask half of your keyboard.

I'm from the second category. And the first also a little. And I'm proud to share with you the "I don't even need my keyboard" build. Well, that's not 100% zero binds because their is no way to auto use vaal skill / potions, but if, it could have been.

Mechanics

What's the point about that build ? Base theorycrafting

First we need to look at the mandatory uniques :

So the bow can cancel the amu downside like a Razor do, with some really interesting stats arround those 2 lines : life leech, 50% damage conversion, extra damage while (self) ignited

And now let's take a loot about the new boots :

So we have a way to ignites monster just by walking ? Sweet !

Who say ignites, say Emberwake

We have our 4 "mandatory" items. Abberath's Hooves are expensives so if you can't manage to get them, instead you can take any boots and a phys/fire spell to proc the initial ignites to start the cwdt loop.

'We need to go deeper' theorycrafting

This build have multiple combinaison of uniques propriety I'm going to try to explain one by one.

Each time you ignite, instead of loosing life you gain a small amount of life.

It's a free Avatar of Fire without the downside of it and a bonus of 35% flat base damage. What else ?

This is the way you start to self damage yourself when you have no BV up, and one of the way you keep spawning some extra blades.

Ignite spread + Emberwake = win.

+

This is the way you self ignite yourself to get the amu bonus. Why not just taking a Mokou's Embrace ? Because it free me the slot for the Taming which is really, really more powerfull. And it curse enemy near you without reserving any mana, which is lovely.

Each ignite on a enemy bring you 10% damage. That build can easily ignite a pack of monster for 50-200 ignites in less than 2s, that's what make The Taming so strong.

Big flat life, lower your fire res by 5% which is perfect for that build. And it have another use, see beelow

Here is your "boost" for boss. Chest convert some of your self damage on ignite in physical damage. Since you constantly self damage yourself, you constantly proc the explosion. It's a loop, ignites, self damage, explode, ignite, loop.

+ the curse you want
A good way to get a second curse, or eventually to curse with Flammability if you go for 1 curse + Mokou.

How to corretly deal damage with this build ?

For fast clear :
There is something tricky. Something I still haven't understand, but I know it work in game. It seems that you deal more damage when you first go in a pack of monster and when you get out of it. It sound strange, but I had clearly saw it on a previous build will entering a pack of monster with whirling blade with a BV ignite set up nearly killed them instantanly.

So I don't know why, but do not have any hesitations, when you encounter a pack of monster, cross it and go to the next one if you dealed enought damage, they will finish to die with the ignites.

For boss :
Stick stick stick. What else ? Turn arround (if needed), you are a melee range so try to always get in the back of the boss and it will be fine. The more you hit the boss, the more you leech and keep up your damage, so, stick.

Why Juggernaut ?

Stats

I only post my defensive stats here, it will be irrevelant to show you my offensive tooltip because it's based on the ignite prolif/stacking

In my HO

Under 5 endurance charge

Because it was the best way to get the defence I needed on that build. I tested it on a Scion and a Witch before going Juggernaut, and I was way too squishy with my 4k hp.

Self damage count as "when hit", that's what make Juggernaut so viable. It mean by constantly hitting yourself, you constantly recharge your endurance charge.

It allow me to constantly be at max endurance charge (5), which mean I'm over 80% physical reduction, and I constantly reduce elemental damage by a extra 8% (my theorical elemental resistances are 72.4/77/77 if I'm write, or it's 78/83/83, I'm not sure).

So this way I have a theorical HP way over what it seems, I'm under immortal call effect 95% of the time, and I'm immune to stun. Oh, and I have a extra 14% movespeed, which is great.

Tree, items & gems

Gems & Link

Proc/support setup 4 to 6 link in order
CWDT lvl 1 + Chance to ignite + Blade vortex lvl 8 + Firestorm lvl 8
+ Phase Run lvl 3
+ Increased duration

Damage set up 4 to 6L in order
CWDT lvl 12 + Blade vortex lvl 15 + Controlled destruction + Added Fire damage
+Increased duration
+Chance to ignite

Gloves
Grace + Determination
CWDT lvl 1 + Flammability lvl 1 to 8, depending of your extra fire resistance.

Helm
CWDT lvl 1 + Immortal call lvl 3 + Increased duration
+ Second curse if you have a +1 amu
OR whatever you want, like another firestorm

Boots
Vaal Molten Shell + Chance to ignite + Concentrated Effect + Controlled Destruction

Current stuff

Here is a good example of the items you want for a endgame build :

Enchantements

Gloves = Of Flames
Boots = Adds 45 to 68 Cold Damage if you've been Hit Recently
Helm = 12% increased Blade vortex radius or 40% increased Blade vortex damage

Can I go cheap ?

Of course you can !
The only items you absolutly want in the build are the following one :

Then, there is multiple way to make the build cheaper and get better stuff later. Here is some examples of what you can do:

Remove the Taming ring
First way, instead of using the Taming, simply go for

It will also free your glove choice. You loose the big bonus from multiple ignites by the Taming, but you still have some really decent damages.

Remove the Abberath's Hooves boots
Yes you can play without the boots. They are used to initiate the ignite loop, which mean that if you remove it, you need to find a way to get the first ignite.

In that case, take the boots you want, 4L it and go for :
Firestorm - Chance to Ignite - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction
Once you have the first BV, just keep moving from monsters to monster it will keep it up.
For Aura, keep Grace and replace Determination by Clarity &/or Herald of Ash, it will bring you a little 15% extra damage on BV.

Remove the Rat Cage chest
Here again you can totally play without a Rat Cage an pick whatever you want. It will simply make you a little more tanky to fire damage so you will have just a little less cwdt proc (it's pretty much the same, the difference is really low), having less move speed and not be able to use Vaal Molten Shell - which is not that important since you can kill boss without it.

Tips

- You have a little window before entering fight where you are vulnerable. Take care of it, it's the moment where you can still be killed, before you start to constantly leech whatever you hit.
- Use the "crossing pack" strategy to clean faster.
- Don't be effraied to stay in front of boss, if you have enought armor and the cwdt immortal call set up, you will cancel most of the damage and outleech what you take. You can litteraly afk in front of a boss and wait for him to die, just checking your life to pot if really needed (that's rare).
- You don't need perfect ignit roll if you use Flammability. In fact you have a extra 4% of chance to ignit, so you can easily go for some lower roll if needed.
- DON'T do Argus. DON'T do Phoenix Guardian. DON'T do Atziri. I could find a way to do them, but ... well, I'm too lazy and out of Argus, it doesn't matter for me so I just don't do it

How to level before 68

There is two possibilities, both start at lvl 12. Before that, just grab a freezing pulse or a frost bolt and do you way until you reach that level.

For any case, I recommand to just grab that kind of stuff, you can keep it until you reach lvl 53 (68 if you are realy to lazy to change you stuff before).

Then :
If I already have my Abberath's Hooves un-enchanted
Then, just color your boots like in BBBG and as soon as you can, put in :
Added cold damage
Added lightning damage
Controled destruction
Increased area of effect

Then use your mana for :
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Anger

The only thing you need to change until you reach 68 is :

You will kill everything on you way just by running from a boss to the next boss. You don't need to stop, just do the story, eventually stop for some Dried Lake Farm a little and go back to rush.

If you don't have your Abberath's Hooves or they are enchanted
Then just grab firestorm like everyone and add to it :
Spell Echo
Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction
Increased Area of Effect

Buff it with :
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Clarity

Kill what's on your way, eventually you can change you weapon like I say in the spoiler for when you have Abberath's but it's not a obligation. Try to not be too much under the level of the area (like not less than 5 level) and it's fine.

Leveling tree

At ~lvl 34
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAGsRMwAzxthYYz38jM_2SHuMtz5Bh_no_grYvTWStfJuqkrIgsco-riTHNzr7qcI2CRWSDbFHwIEB0yzl5VSUz1fMtFFR8BmPAXvfHgNwBpfPxQg7w7BBHloqW7AAQbGXaTd1fe5FrvLHtI4AAAAAAA=

At ~lvl 55
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAKMRMwBPxthYYz38jM_2SHuMtz5Bh_no_grYvTWStfJuqkrIgsco-riTHNzr7qcI2CRWSDbFHwIEB0yzl5VSUz1fMtFFR8BmPAXvfHgNwBpfPxQg7w7BBHloqW6D21XGBLOiAD8nKk0A7izpFSAtgxm0vqeGs287jxplTb02iq-QEXvDfVusR1FMykpfsJu1wzoqOMABBsZdpN3V97kWu8se0jgAAAAAAA==

Then follow the way to the lvl 69 tree.

Last edited by Siphot on Jan 16, 2017, 5:55:19 AM
Last bumped on May 16, 2017, 7:27:52 PM
I'm currently writting the build, but you can start to take a look at it !
cant wait to try it out, already assembling gear and waiting for the full guide;)
Yeah, same. Dont have full gear set yet, but in the process of it :)
I made a similar build in breach and the number of ignite i can stack on enemies make all very very laggy, especially during breach...can you post some video of the build in action?
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
I'm going to try but I can't promise it, my connection is crap. I would love to, if I can't I'm going to try to make some gif to show it a minimum.

I'd know about the "laggy" ignit spread, but that build is good on that point because it don't "abuse" it too much, which also mean it don't make your drop your fps too low.

I keep writting the build but I have trouble keeping focused today, I'm still a little tired/sick.

Edit : I will have a video up in arround 2 hours ;) (thanks to my phone connection ...)
Last edited by Siphot on Jan 7, 2017, 8:57:26 AM
I added a video so you can see what's the result.
PoE needs to Fix the Server Lags and the most important, they have to Fix the Lags caused by SKILLS and MOB AMOUNTS + GROUND EFFECTS AND SKILL EFFECTS.

After thats resolved, people actualy start trying playing comfortable.

I bought a few stash tabs and visual effects to support this Game, i may not have titles but i did pay more than 70€ .

I have the right to demand fixes for such things, atleast give people the options to disable such effects completely, i dont even care reflect mobs or votalit exloding mobs, so i dont even need to see the effects as an example, i dont care about shocking ground or desecrated or burning ground or chillced grounds, so give me the options that disable effects god damnnit!

Im sorry if i sound like a flamer but im really mad about this lagspikes and screenfreezings that kills you at high lvls, its not fucking easy to get the exp back that you lost to lag/screenfreeze just because of effects!

GGG cant be thinking that every bitch outside has best computers to handle their effects.

My pc runs GTA 5 without lag, runs the witcher 3 without lag, runs skyrim without lag.
Then i come to PoE where Graphics are like runescape and my whole screen freeze and lag just because of the fucking effects, or maybe the devolopers did wrong codings that cause this who knows!?

Im still playing, not quitting but i will stop supporting if this is getting ignored after the new coming 3.0.0 patch.

peace-
Ty for the video, don' t know why but for me is kinda unplayable (i had to remove emberwake to level), the build looks solid however, how about Level 20 CWDT, Is it too hard to stack 20 blade?
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
I tried to use a combo of a cwdt lvl 7 with a another one lvl 15 to have a highter BV, but the problem is you don't always have 20 blade even with a lvl 1 + 12, and in the same time with a 1 + 12 sometime you know you loose some DPS.

The optimal situation would be to have 2 set up, one like my current, and one with a little highter one.

Another option could be to just have the same bow/quiver in 2nd weapon set up to switch it when you reach 20 blade and get a little more DPS this way.

You can't have a too big difference beetween the 2, because every new blade will replace the older one. Which mean at 20 blade, you have to balance beetween the low damages one and the big damage one. In my case I have a ratio at 3/4 blade from the cwdt lvl 1, and 1/4 on the cwdt lvl 12, so 15 + 5 blades. If I use a highter cwdt for the hight lvl one, I'm going to loose some blade in the end, and some DPS.

It's ... hard to balance.

Also, Dx11 help a lot playing this build.
Last edited by Siphot on Jan 7, 2017, 4:48:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info