Premium Map Stash Concept

Hey guys, that's my humble suggestion about how premium map stash may look like.
Here's little bit explanations. (open pic in new window for better resolution if you like)

v.1

Spoiler
Because there's so much maps in Path of Exile, and finding and sorting all of them is a real pain, I decided to make kind of a multi-tab stash for all maps, with main page and 3 separate subtabs for all 3 low-mid-high map categories and fragments.

As you can see, these 3 low-mid-high tier blocks with preview at main page may contain some general statistics, what you have, what you can upgrade, maybe something else. Ofcourse art can be different, related game art about bosses (or map locations) could be a better thing I guess.

If you know the name of the map you need, and you don't wanna search them through these subtabs, main page has its own search panel, you can find anything you want by just typing keywords. It will show you results in a new window. I didn't draw it, but it may look just like regular default tab with highlighted search results. Also, if you have some maps in your inventory, you can ctr+click them at main page, and they all will find their places in all 3 tabs automaticly.

I think these 3 subtabs should have infinite space, but you can not put anything there except the maps.

Subtabs have their own extended search panel, you can search anything by its rarity, level, name, etc.
Button "Upgrade" will allow you to upgrade your maps if you have 3 or more copies of same map, just like you upgrade essences in new essence tab.
And "Back" button will return you to main page.

At the main page you can clearly see all map fragments you have, also i thought it's maybe a good idea to have duplicated currency tab related to maps, and maybe crafting spot for maps, but i'm not sure if it's really needed here.
Anyway, i'm not pretending what it is ideal concept, maybe i miss something important, or you think it is not good enough or it's overcomplicated or just unnecessary thing. Let me know, I'll be very appreciate for all feedback. Cheers o/

(sorry for my english, I hope I didn't messed up too much, I don't have much practice these days)

v.2

Spoiler
Though I kinda like my first version, I was thinking if it's possible to make it even more compact and clear. I removed these 3 low/mid/high blocks, And instead we have quite compact field for all of them, but with useful search filters. So if we know what we want, we can easily find anything in one compact streachable window. Searching filters can be debatable, I'm sure I miss something (for example maps for sale), but whole idea I think can be like this. I also like to keep that statistics block text, I think it's somehow useful.

Spots for fragments remain the same, I think they're fine. And if you still want to browse ALL your map stuff you have the button at very bottom, and all your maps will be there in one infinite window. You still have all options to search and sort them by any category, or upgrade, or set them for sale.

v.3

Spoiler
Here's another one. Actually I just continued to develop the idea of the second version, though I still very like my first one.
But I wanted to remove all additional subtabs, new windows, all that, and compose everything map related just in one window. Almost get it I think. We have just one infinite field for all of them, quite bigger than in v.2, but with bunch of searching filters and categories (like poe.trade site, but not so complicated, with options only related to maps). I didn't overthink all these possible strokes, I think the person who actually knows all that game/code stuff in deep can do it better, for sure. This filter block can be bigger/smaller, more or less compact, but something like that could work I guess.

I see one reasonable concern about all these concepts though, All new stuff GGG can possible add in future, like new map types, new fragments, shards, coins, etc.. They may not fit in these tabs without some reworking. But still, I think it's good to have some basic space, where you can clearly see, what else you need to add, expand or remove without drowning in all that mess.

Thank you!
Last edited by kainaj on Aug 30, 2017, 4:19:44 PM
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2017, 6:08:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Great idea !!!
Please GGG, just take my money
What happens to my legacy maps?
"
Zaanus wrote:

there should be a way to convert them to the current map type.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I would love something like this. I've got about 40 stash tabs right now in HC standard filled with maps. Two forms of legacy maps, temp league leftovers, etc...
"
Zaanus wrote:

Run them or leave them in another tab I guess, that would seem reasonable.

Nice post, much much much better than just "I want a map tab ! Why don't we have one, there is one for currency right ?!?!", honestly good job.

That looks convenient, not sure how hard it would be hard to implement it for GGG though, I hope that they can do something like that.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Zaanus wrote:

I forgot about them... Though I don't like the idea leaving them somewhere else in your inventory.
I think they also can be placed in these 1/2/3 subtabs depending on their tier. Just need an option to "SHOW"/"HIDE" your legacy maps, and option "INDEX"/"NOT INDEX" them in search. Could add an additional info stroke "you have X legacy maps" on these 1/2/3 shortcut blocks at the main page either, if you have these, for clarity.

"
vio wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:

there should be a way to convert them to the current map type.

This is also good idea I think. But they probably won't do this. But maybe.
Last edited by kainaj on Jan 9, 2017, 9:01:56 AM
i support ! op idea. we really do need map stash.. because maps are so messy right now.
i got like 3-4 stash of maps? xD
"
NoyAvargel wrote:
i support ! op idea. we really do need map stash.. because maps are so messy right now.
i got like 3-4 stash of maps? xD

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Nice idea! Looks very cool.

But beware of trolls in these forums. They will tell you to LEARN which maps you can upgrade yourself and buy more stash space instead of stacking atziri pieces and other things.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info