[2.5] Dela's Beastmode CI Regen Inquisitor ALL CONTENT

"DEAD"after loosing 10% conversion? keep buying them supporter packs mate
"
begemote wrote:

10%? I see 60% or i missunderstood smth.
"
Peszek wrote:
"
begemote wrote:

10%? I see 60% or i missunderstood smth.

then there is cold to fire gem that gives another 50%
Damage Conversion:40+50
It doesn't seem death.But we must keep the Cold to Fire support gem on the chest.Luckly this gem works well~
And then we have 90%fire +10%cold,thus it has affected EE(+fire\+cold\-light).
Luckly in this build,cold DOT has lowest damage.And we can keep ORB(Saddly,Timeduring Nerf either) to refresh EE.

As for AOE,at least there is no reduce about Vortex.
AOE passives have buffed,so vortex looks like a little Buff~

(Engilsh is poor,sorry for that...)
Any chance of seeing a Scorching Ray variant please?

I really wanted to play this build in Legacy as starter - but also as my only build. (I don't have time to play that much.) Want to be able to do end-game content with it. Hope that is still possible,
About to get this build.
After many negative cm, can OP please confirm it's still viable? I don't care much abt pyre nerf cuz I'll play std anyway and already get 1 leg pyre. And honestly, you use a green nightmare, it's huge dmg, is it required to be effective? Because as of right now, my dps is kind of on the low end.
"
begemote wrote:

It's the whole package that's lost it's appeal, the Pyre change is the icing on the cake for me not to play this again in Legacy after playing it in Breach.
"
begemote wrote:

Well EE will stop working without full conversion: since you'll hit with both fire and cold with the initial hit subsequent cold dot from vortex will not lower fire res by itself, thus it'd be mandatory to have Orb of Storms in order for EE to work. Having Orb of storms likely means that we're dropping Immortal call, that's the major downside I believe. AoE support could be swapped out for cold-to-fire, leaving 6th slot for empower/concecrated. I'd say gems should be like this:

5L: Vortex, Controlled Destruction, Chance to Ignite, Fire Penetration, Cold to Fire
6L: +Empower/Concecrated

So the build should work almost as good as it did before, it's not clear to me what would happen with vortex radius. My assumption is that base reduis mechanics changes + early investments in radius should bring vortex to almost the same radius it had with AoE support. If it does we can pretty much say that the build was not nerfed and is still viable, we just have to tweak it around conversion changes.
Last edited by dy1ng on Mar 1, 2017, 11:56:14 AM
"
dy1ng wrote:
"
begemote wrote:

Well EE will stop working without full conversion: since you'll hit with both fire and cold with the initial hit subsequent cold dot from vortex will not lower fire res by itself, thus it'd be mandatory to have Orb of Storms in order for EE to work. Having Orb of storms likely means that we're dropping Immortal call, that's the major downside I believe. AoE support could be swapped out for cold-to-fire, leaving 6th slot for empower/concecrated. I'd say gems should be like this:

5L: Vortex, Controlled Destruction, Chance to Ignite, Fire Penetration, Cold to Fire
6L: +Empower/Concecrated

So the build should work almost as good as it did before, it's not clear to me what would happen with vortex radius. My assumption is that base reduis mechanics changes + early investments in radius should bring vortex to almost the same radius it had with AoE support. If it does we can pretty much say that the build was not nerfed and is still viable, we just have to tweak it around conversion changes.

Well we need the orb for the second curse not to mention it helps to proc elemental overload with a help of crit chance support gem.

The only way to loose immortal call is to use spell totem scorching ray.
Two replies here, one for Happylowe329 and one for Altissimus.

"
happylowe329 wrote:
As for AOE,at least there is no reduce about Vortex.
AOE passives have buffed,so vortex looks like a little Buff~

(Engilsh is poor,sorry for that...)

Hopefully this makes sense, no need to apologize for poor English, regardless your English was fine. The AoE changes are actually nerfs in the tree, they went from being increases to radius to being increases to area. Here is an example to help clarify:

Pre-2.6: A 10% increase in radius really means take your spell's radius and multiply by 1.10 (10% increased means on top of 100%), then square this to get area increase. So before 2.6, you would multiply your radius by 1.10 or your area by 1.21.

Post-2.6: In most cases, but not all, things that increased your radius by 10% got changed to increasing your area by 20%, doubling the percent (this was a best case scenario, the minor passives that used to give 5% radius, only give 8% area). So now you multiply your area by 1.20 or multiply your radius by the square root of 1.20. Therefore, after these 2.6 changes, you would multiply your radius by 1.0954... or multiply your area by 1.20. Granted only a small nerf, but it adds up with more investment (which was GGG's intent).

So GGG buffed some less used spells in order to make up for this change, therefore any spells not specifically getting a buff (Vortex for example), ended up with a sizable nerf to their AoE.

A more extreme example was the changes to Increased Area of Effect support. At lvl 20, pre-2.6, it was 39% increased radius (which translates to a 93.21% increase in area, test your understanding of the previous example by trying to replicate where this number came from). Now after 2.6, it is 49% increased area; a HUGE nerf.

Let me know if anything was confusing.

"
Altissimus wrote:
Any chance of seeing a Scorching Ray variant please?

I really wanted to play this build in Legacy as starter - but also as my only build. (I don't have time to play that much.) Want to be able to do end-game content with it. Hope that is still possible,

I am not the OP, but here is my plan for a SR tree (which I will either start as or transition to after testing out how drastic the nerfs are). Note that Zealot's Oath is not allocated because it is being moved to the outside (and my path goes by there). This tree uses slightly less points and gets a little more regen (which I am a fan of). Feel free to tweak as much as you want. Also by grabbing the regen just south of the Templar area, we get more strength, so less is needed on gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAceCaoMUg18DkgRLxFQEZYV1xhWGF0Yagth-tIbJSL0Jogo-imLKwosvzW5uJM877QMSVFJsUuuZp7K01ZIVmNXyVgHW6Bca13y99dodGjybAttGXgvfA585X_GgDCCx4RIhq6LjI9GkyeVLpitm26boZx7nsShL7cxpr6nCKcrp1Woua3xtzC-isBmwJrDbdfP2CTZW9n82mLfhuha6QLquuwYr2ztYe-I8NXGrvk3-d356Ix2HNzr7o8aVEeMNnF5TLNFfg5cavpGcYMJ0B_v6xccEmkdFI_6DF8cp1OlPC2DX0VHMtEdTy0f

For your main setup: SR - Ele Focus - Controlled Destruction - Rapid Decay - Empower/FC/Incr. Burning Dmg/Iron Will (most likely will do FC - Incr. Burning as my last two links until I get a high level empower, at which point I think I will replace Incr. Burning Dmg with it; I'll run this through the builder now and let you know what is best).

(Edited: I forgot the OP didn't have definitive links for the rest of your gear, so here is my plan).

Rest of gear:

Orb of Storms - Incr. Crit Strikes - CoH - Flammability (also if you want you can now replace a lvl 20 flammability with a 20/20 Ele weakness for only slightly more dmg from Orb of Storms, since you don't need ignite chance).

Clarity (mid lvl) - Discipline - Blasphemy - Temp Chains

Shield Charge - FA - Fortify

For the remaining 4L and 3L (no need for SR totem), I have two ideas:

CWDT - IC - ID - V.L.Trap (level CWDT and IC to your liking)

Stone Golem (self cast) - Minion and Totem Ele Res - Decoy Totem.

---or---

CWDT(20) - Stone Golem(20) - Vortex(20) - Blind(level based on dex), which makes both our Vortex that people proc and enemies hit by our Golem have a 50% miss chance.

CWDT - IC - V.L.Trap (downside is losing the duration on the trap).

Last edited by Deadseeds on Mar 1, 2017, 5:54:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info