[2.5/2.6] Beginner's Elementalist Dual Flameblast Totems

Loving the build, really great leveling process, definitely one of the smoothest I've ever had. Elementalist is too good.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Hey man, thanks a lot for the build. I ripped my fire stormer last night so decided to give the old pizza sticks a go - love it so far.

For levelling I'm using firestorm and also flame blast totem (just one for now until it feels right to take ancestral bond). It's actually a really good way to level. I have some zombies up as meat shields, cast the totem and then use firestorm to clean up the guys that aren't in the FB explosion circle.

Just wondering, is it a good idea to stack armour and energy shield, or is it better to just go for loads of energy shield?

Also, my fire stormer used herald of lightning + curse on hit + enfeeble / warlords mark (after taking Shaper of Desolation it's such a great way to apply the curses). Do you think that's a good idea for this build? Is it worth having that as well as a curse with blasphemy? Or is it better to run two curses on blasphemy?

As an aside - if I run two curses with blasphemy, would I need to unlock the node on the tree that allows an enemy to have two curses applied?

Thanks a lot!
KoAtheRAGE
"
KoAtheRAGE wrote:
Hey man, thanks a lot for the build. I ripped my fire stormer last night so decided to give the old pizza sticks a go - love it so far.

For levelling I'm using firestorm and also flame blast totem (just one for now until it feels right to take ancestral bond). It's actually a really good way to level. I have some zombies up as meat shields, cast the totem and then use firestorm to clean up the guys that aren't in the FB explosion circle.

Just wondering, is it a good idea to stack armour and energy shield, or is it better to just go for loads of energy shield?

Also, my fire stormer used herald of lightning + curse on hit + enfeeble / warlords mark (after taking Shaper of Desolation it's such a great way to apply the curses). Do you think that's a good idea for this build? Is it worth having that as well as a curse with blasphemy? Or is it better to run two curses on blasphemy?

As an aside - if I run two curses with blasphemy, would I need to unlock the node on the tree that allows an enemy to have two curses applied?

Thanks a lot!
KoAtheRAGE

Not the OP, but I run Elemental Overload. I use Orb of Storms to proc Elemental Overload, then apply curse on hit the Orb of Storms and have it cast enfeeble. I am only running one curse at the moment, but I imagine cursing this way and running Temp chains on Blasphemy to cures any mobs that are within melee range might work.

Blasphemy in general sucks though. I have a friend that uses Herald of Thunder to curse on hit, but is the active portion of Herald long enough to keep curses up permanently? I thought it was only active for 6 seconds and the Shaper of Desolation proc was on a 12 second timer?
What flasks should we use?
Love this build so far :)

Question:

I have my totem/fireblast on my chest
CWDT/ IC / Molten shell on helm
Golems on 1 of the maces
Lightning warp 2nd mace
blashmey/enfeeble on my boots

Soo. that leaves me with a potetional 4 link on my gloves, but the guide doesnt suggest more gems, any tips on what to use there ?

Something that provides endurance changes ?

Thanks in advance :-)
Last edited by Ziakah on Mar 9, 2017, 10:23:52 PM
I enjoy this build. Did a Flame blast Templar but it didn't work out as well as this one unfortunately when I tried to go CI.
Enjoying this so far, What should I be using in my OH? Should I just be looking for another heathen wand?
What expensive items/uniques should I go for endgame? Right now I'm still using 2 wands and a carcass jack, should I be running this to 100 or are there any other items I should get? I see a lot of people running FB totems are running a 1hander and a shield.
After cast speed, what is more important at a wand, x% increased fire damage or x% increased spell damage?
"
Zpall1984 wrote:
After cast speed, what is more important at a wand, x% increased fire damage or x% increased spell damage?

I've been doing a lot of reading and trying to work out what the best route to take this build is... I'm playing hardcore by the way and currently level 67.

From what I understand, cast speed > elemental damage > fire damage > spell damage. Apparently spell damage isn't so great for FB totems, don't know why but a lot of people seem to say that.

Also, sceptres seem better than wands too as they roll with elemental damage.

I just wanted to share a defensive set up I saw on another video that I'm working toward...

CWDT + immortal call + tempest shield + blind support

This along with Rathpith shield, Stone of Lazhwar and a Rumi's concoction flask seem to make you pretty tanky - not much can really hit you (including spells).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info