[2.5] WIP Slayer Varunastra BF

Not a build guide, but a proof of concept that has been working very well.

Started the league with EQ Slayer, and wanted to test out BladeFlurry.
Turns out, almost everything applies equally well.

Been running T15's and all breachlords except chayula down in one shot (will try chayula when I get splinters)

Benefits:
Slayer 20% cull, onslaught, stun immune and massive leech are all fantastic for BF.

Downsides:
Life based, still get random one shots.

Gear:
Spoiler

Weapons

Varunastra for very efficient nodes (deadly dilettante and by the blade)
Dark seer for huge damage (double dips on chaos/poison), and blind for utility.

Flasks

Chaos/melee damage are huge boosts, and writhing jar keeps our on kill and overleech effects active in single target scenarios.

Tree:

Last edited by Icaros on Dec 30, 2016, 8:22:05 PM
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2017, 12:26:11 AM
My hand is really itchy to make this build. I am currently playing 78% Block BoR Static strike Gladiator but I really wanted to make an EQ Cospri or something similar. This one is a pretty cheap version of it tbh, since 6L Cospri's Will is around 7 to 7.5 Exalts atm (Sad face for not having 2-3 exalts more).

Looking forward to see how your build does versus Guardians + Shaper(Uber Atziri/Normal Atziri should be a cake tbh).

Edit: Btw, if I am running 5L Cospri, which gem should I exclude from the setup ?
Last edited by JayJayFly on Dec 31, 2016, 2:52:07 PM
Void Manipulation is probably the gem to drop in 5L. We don't have Chaos scaling on the tree, so it's not as much damage as other builds. Still very nice for poison scaling when you can fit it in though.

I was getting tired of random one shots (QQ life build), so I respecced over to a gladiator using surrenderer + red nightmare.
A lot of the tree is the same, with some changes to incorporate max block.
Already feeling smoother on high tier content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info