Hibryd templar build - I need help to decide

Hey everyone!

I played with the beta version but it was 2 years ago and theres a lot of change in the game so actually i'm really new in the POE.

Now i've got a templar and my conception is a tanky vortex templar with hybrid dmg , some aura/heralds and defensive taunt method.
Thats why i need some "decreased mana reserved", "life%" , "energy shield%" , lot of mana regen and ofcourse some dmg.

The parts of my plan:
Little Def:
-Earth Golem cause i really like life/sec and i want to use its taunt.
-Decoy Totem for the taunt.
( Nobody use these two spell and i can't get it, why? i'm squishy and these can help a lot)

Mana reserved:
-Herald of Thunder
-Herald of Ice
-Discipline or Purity of Elements aura

Life reserved:
-Arctic Armour

And the dmg is:
-Vortex with "Cold to Fire Support" - "Spell Echo Support" + Hypothermia/Iron Will/Added lightning dmg/ Elemental Proliferation/Cold Penetration

Things to use:
-Elemental weakness - extra dmg for every type of elemental
-Abyssal Cry -if theres a lil time to use it
-Fire Dash -if needed to get in
-Frost Bomb - for the .cold resist

In the passive skillpoints i tried to get:
-Cold dmg
-Elemental dmg
-Spell dmg
-Max life% ( I hoped that i will find enough item with energy shield and i will not need the 35-x% life)
-Life regen
-Max mana
-Mana regen ( with enough manaregen i don't need too much mana. just as much as the maximum of my spells cost)

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAQk1AwCCBAcEswj0C2EQWBEPFCAUsBVQFm8XVBo4GmwfAh_HIoEkqicvK3gsnC2LMJcx-zI0NsU26TmKOlg62EGHQ8hG10wtTwRQR1F0U9RVxlZIVkpXKVnzW6BfKl8_Z5to8mpDbRlxhXIPfseCHoKbg9uFMouMjYKOPI7pkFWVBJo7muCbWJ2unqGfAaIAoqOmmacIp1WsmK4-r2yvm7FCtz686sBUwGbB88au0eTVptgk2L3a3eFz42rkIuRR5Yvr5Ovu7DjtPO8O8B_53fno_gp8DgxfHKdTpYPMPC2DX_nbRZ1TUoV7ZlSf3-98gsco-pitMol35YDgmzB-bNdqkiulGE5S_QAAAA4AAAIAB9ABAfQBAgsKAAAA

But the vortex still got a great dmg but i couldn't go close enough to the monsters.
Thats why i started to use Freezing Pulse - Hypothermia/GMPS (what is needed/s) - Cold to Fire - Iron will combination.

Now i want to change a few things:

First time i want a chest to use the vortex with bigger area :
And want to build more energy shield and resist and some hybrid thing in the passives.
But i tried to build no spell dmg cause i want to build a templar which is able to change to melee elemental fighter because why not.
The new tree plan:
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAQk1AwCCTwRo8jzvGF3wH6IABLPAZuFz7SCCm1fid-U62CcvkFUaOFnzcg9xhVcpRtfaubFCfLs9DwY5r2z56ILHKPqYracI2CRWSLiTHNyPGuvumuBFnVNSfIMRLSycK3gfx6yYOlhVxnRVXyoRDy2LbRkRUDW5pysI9MBUakNMLRSwgh7B86KjUXSO6aaZF1SfAdHkjYJT1PFsIbA095eFLpT06TaJZ70QWHYRr5uHZZUgaxe86maetzGMdpvsiuRDyBVQ2t353YuMg9uOPFZKnqEigTLRRUf60hZv42oXL2TnVdaApJRvZlQ7De_rPAXvfPuq8wZRYLdo77ySK6UYfmzXaoDgmzAAAAAAAA==

But with this tree, i will lose a lot of life.

So now i don't know what should i do.
What do you think?
I really appreciate any help and suggestion!
Last bumped on Dec 28, 2016, 5:51:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info