[2.5][BHC] Windz's Malice CoC Vortex Assassin

Hi, Wicked here, also made a lowlife version of the build but as an elementalist currently level 98 in BHC

Spoiler

I chose to run double herald on BM, Assa mark & Disc on mana.
10049 ES
26.7k dmg on 3L (lvl20gem)
52.2k average with 6L (lvl 20gem)

+12dex is required on one jewel to use cospri's, the rest is mainly spell / fire / aoe jewel & ias
338 mana unreserved didn't cause me any problem even in no regen maps thanks to boot enchant and vinktar when needed

tested up to t16 chimera guardian without any problem so far. if running with a support i'd suggest a guardian for the nice es boost, mine is running a lvl 27 anger on generosity and it brings the coc vortex to a wooping 135k avg damage on full charges (using the green dream for frenzy generation)

Having a real blast with the build and i'll try to get it to 100

ps: it's probably not a good idea to ramp the damage this much without being an elementalist since reflect can get a tad scary
Wow, insane DPS numbers.
They're taken in hideout with just auras, or with full charges and some flasks?
This is in hideout with just my hearalds and 2 golems.
With charges : 40.7k & 74.4k
With pots & charges : 53.5k & 97.9k
"
ekunholy wrote:
Made a low-life version based on your build in BHC
Gear and some stats

Char name: unholyoopsmissclick, currently lv. 94 Assassin in Hardcore Breach League
Tree: link here

10 085 ES
Running Disc + AA + Double blasp (assmark+warmark)

13 014 DPS on 3L Vortex (lv 21)
20 043 Avg. Dmg on 5L Vortex (lv 21)

With 6PC:
23 493 and 36 256 tooltips

With 6PC + Silver + Promise flasks:
35 454 and 47 134 tooltips

48 unreserved mana, 3 mana cost for SC and 2 mana cost for BF

Jewels are heavily focused on raw damage, lack of IAS is mostly compensated by running with Necro-aurabot in party.
After one incident with corrupted blood from heavily modded rare zombie on map with vuln + 200 ele dmg, I've swapped from Steppan Eards to Death's Door.

Upgrades in this version are pretty straight - more es and res, 6L shavs, unset ring for Vaal Lightning Trap (it is REALLY most effective MORE DMG gem).

Most hated mods:
#1. Mobs take 40% reduced Extra Damage from crits + Enfeeble OR Mobs have 90% chance to avoid elemental status
#2. Players have 25% Less Area of Effect

Really like clear speed of this build type, makes some stupid challenges way easier :)

Thank you for making detailed build thread!

Great to hear its working out well for you. Yeah i always use staunching on my diamond flask but its not always up and you do need to pay attention to them.

Yeah the 10000 map challenge...hehe.

Thank you for sharing your variation!

"
Arkling wrote:
Hi, Wicked here, also made a lowlife version of the build but as an elementalist currently level 98 in BHC

Spoiler

I chose to run double herald on BM, Assa mark & Disc on mana.
10049 ES
26.7k dmg on 3L (lvl20gem)
52.2k average with 6L (lvl 20gem)

+12dex is required on one jewel to use cospri's, the rest is mainly spell / fire / aoe jewel & ias
338 mana unreserved didn't cause me any problem even in no regen maps thanks to boot enchant and vinktar when needed

tested up to t16 chimera guardian without any problem so far. if running with a support i'd suggest a guardian for the nice es boost, mine is running a lvl 27 anger on generosity and it brings the coc vortex to a wooping 135k avg damage on full charges (using the green dream for frenzy generation)

Having a real blast with the build and i'll try to get it to 100

ps: it's probably not a good idea to ramp the damage this much without being an elementalist since reflect can get a tad scary

Damn nice dps wicked. Insane gear.

Great to hear feedbacks from you guys. I really like how you guys made variations by going LL and other ascendencies. LL is definitely a way to go to get more damage if you can get more es on gear.
Last edited by windz on Jan 8, 2017, 3:57:07 PM
I compared my Vagan CoC build to this one and wondered where the massive damage differences came from (Vagan character has much higher single target boss damage, despite weaker gear). Unfortunately, there's no way to make up the loss of EE damage using Cospri's, but you get like, 4-5x the clearspeed but suffer lower boss damage. Here's my current iteration on trying to solve that single target problem.

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAceDkgPqxCSEQ8RLxFQEZYWvxewGF0YahqBGyUc3CBuIvQjNiSLKU8qCyo4Ko0rCjIyMtE1uTbYOVI8BT1fRUdFfEkbSVFJsUqLS65Ms1AwUXRSU1MQWAdca1yKXfJfamZUa7dsC20ZbWxwUnvXf8aCm4RIhMWFe4V9idOMC4w2jHaPGo9Gj_qTJ5Uul5WXl5f0mjuboZu1njyf36EvoqOmmacIpyusmK3xtDi1SLl8uZO8b76KwGbDCcM6w23QH9DQ1abXz9lb2YbbXuUZ6QLrY-vu6_XsOOxV7LDtPO9874jv6_DV8WzyHffX-Tf79Q==

Via Path of Building, my ignite dps on bosses is a tad over 1m. With everything else going off, it's roughly 1.4m dps. But since it doesn't count flasks (Vinktar lite dmg and Atziri's), it's probably closer to 2m dps on bosses.

I've tested this iteration so far on Esh and Xoph. Xoph died almost instantly. Esh got lucky and teleported away immediately so he took a bit more time. I've got another idea in mind to raise the damage to probably north of 3m dps, but it's a little bit sketch so I'm not sure.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 9, 2017, 3:48:53 PM
"
dragonsroc wrote:
I compared my Vagan CoC build to this one and wondered where the massive damage differences came from (Vagan character has much higher single target boss damage, despite weaker gear). Unfortunately, there's no way to make up the loss of EE damage using Cospri's, but you get like, 4-5x the clearspeed but suffer lower boss damage. Here's my current iteration on trying to solve that single target problem.

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAceDkgPqxCSEQ8RLxFQEZYWvxewGF0YahqBGyUc3CBuIvQjNiSLKU8qCyo4Ko0rCjIyMtE1uTbYOVI8BT1fRUdFfEkbSVFJsUqLS65Ms1AwUXRSU1MQWAdca1yKXfJfamZUa7dsC20ZbWxwUnvXf8aCm4RIhMWFe4V9idOMC4w2jHaPGo9Gj_qTJ5Uul5WXl5f0mjuboZu1njyf36EvoqOmmacIpyusmK3xtDi1SLl8uZO8b76KwGbDCcM6w23QH9DQ1abXz9lb2YbbXuUZ6QLrY-vu6_XsOOxV7LDtPO9874jv6_DV8WzyHffX-Tf79Q==

Via Path of Building, my ignite dps on bosses is a tad over 1m. With everything else going off, it's roughly 1.4m dps. But since it doesn't count flasks (Vinktar lite dmg and Atziri's), it's probably closer to 2m dps on bosses.

I've tested this iteration so far on Esh and Xoph. Xoph died almost instantly. Esh got lucky and teleported away immediately so he took a bit more time. I've got another idea in mind to raise the damage to probably north of 3m dps, but it's a little bit sketch so I'm not sure.

Hey there!

Yeah the loss of EE + flam is prob the biggest reason why the damage is much lower vs. CoC.
Also you grab Heart of the flame usually on CoC vortex build.

The trade off here is definitely clear speed vs single target, but tbh you won't have any problems until guardian/shaper.
I find using BF odd. Cyclone is so damn expensive tho even with blasph/warlords
I love pie.
Last edited by xSyK0TiC on Jan 16, 2017, 1:11:23 AM
"
dragonsroc wrote:

Spoiler

I'm not sure how the 4-5x clearspeed is calculated, as Cospri's is also rightclick-through-all-map-mobs-up-even-at-T16.

Did you mean Vortex has more single target and Cospri's is faster clear?
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
primaeva wrote:
"
dragonsroc wrote:

Spoiler

I'm not sure how the 4-5x clearspeed is calculated, as Cospri's is also rightclick-through-all-map-mobs-up-even-at-T16.

Did you mean Vortex has more single target and Cospri's is faster clear?

he means this has 4-5x more clear speed than the vagans dagger CoC vortex versions
My current setup, 11k ES

I love pie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info