Spirit Offering grants inaccurate extra ES to self.

Hi GGG.

I have a Necromancer with the Mistress of Sacrifice and Spirit Eater ascendancy node. I have about 4k life and 9.2k ES.

With the helmet enchant, I get an extra 3 corpses, so that's a total of 8 corpses created.

Now, when I use Spirit Offering, I should get 16% of my life as ES, which is then multiplied by the % increased Energy Shield. I have 277% right now, so that should result in 60.32% of life granted as ES.

However, it's only granting me 44.32%, which is 16 x 277%, not 377%. I go from 9.2k ES to 11.1k ES. I should be going to 11.6k ES.

For more details on my character, I have a guide listed and someone else pointed this bug out. Guide.
Last edited by s1ngap0rek1d on Dec 22, 2016, 1:58:01 PM
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2016, 4:39:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You get 16% of your unmodified Max Life as ES, which is then multiplied by the sum of Increased Life and ES. This is how all these types of modifiers work. :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You get 16% of your unmodified Max Life as ES, which is then multiplied by the sum of Increased Life and ES. This is how all these types of modifiers work. :)

Yeah, I'm saying it isn't adding the ES part of it correctly tho. If i have 200% increased ES, I should be multiplying by 3, right?
"
s1ngap0rek1d wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Yeah, I'm saying it isn't adding the ES part of it correctly tho. If i have 200% increased ES, I should be multiplying by 3, right?

No. If you have 200% increased ES and 100% increased maximum Life, you multiply your base maximum Life-as-ES by 4.

That's base maximum life, not net maximum Life. I.e. when the leather belt says +40 to maximum Life, that's +40 to maximum life, not +120 or +160 or whatever your health globe says.

Not a bug, just math that is confusing to new players.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info