[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

"
bloodey wrote:
Need 1 more level i'm going to take EE instead another jewel slot.Because we are still doing %40 elemental damage and vortex with pyre triggers EE itself.I'm sure its valuable than jewel slot dps wise.

If this works let me know.. if you hit with blight first o don't think EE will work

"
Odafaz wrote:
One question, whats the best jewel slot to put energy from within??

Thanks!

Near Melding or Quick Recovery
"
Odafaz wrote:

Thanks!

It's only worth it if you take the Melding section (and you use it in the Jewel Slot there). Which is the best place on the tree overall. To do this (I did this on a similar build for Wither-CWC-Firestorm) you can reallocate the points from Written in Blood, instead taking the Intelligence node to the top left to link the CI nodes. It ends up costing 1 more point overall to get the same benefit (+10 intelligence, -10 strength) but lets you use Energy From Within to actually gain use of the life points in the nodes where you wouldn't with Written in Blood.

If you're not taking Melding, don't use Energy From Within, it'll just be a 6% (max) Energy Shield boost, you can get 8% from another jewel + a bunch of damage stats or resistances etc.
"
bloodey wrote:
Need 1 more level i'm going to take EE instead another jewel slot.Because we are still doing %40 elemental damage and vortex with pyre triggers EE itself.I'm sure its valuable than jewel slot dps wise.

This will only buff the cold DoT on Vortex, but lower the damage of the initial hit and any ignite that happen. For my stats,

2192-3292 fire damage at .35 casts/s = 7834 dps without ignites
8145 cold DoT
Without EE = 15,979 dps
With EE = 18,093 dps
Total gain = 13% more elemental damage

Sounds good, but then we realize that the elemental damage is only worth ~40% of the total damage (cold DoT ~ blight damage), so it's really only a 5% damage boost. A good 3 mod damage jewel is just slightly under 5% more damage for me, so the damage is roughly about the same. The real difference are the minor nodes. With EE, you pick up 8% inc ES. With jewel slots, you pick up either 12% spell damage or +20 str. The spell damage will tip damage in favor of the jewel, the str helps alleviate gear requirements. In essence, the jewel slot is basically the same thing as EE assuming a good 3 mod jewel, but is more versatile since you can get whatever stats you need.

Additionally, realize that the leech comes from the initial Vortex hit. By lowering the damage of the initial Vortex hit, you are lowering the leech. Even if EE gave more damage than a jewel slot, for this reason alone I would not take it.

"
Odafaz wrote:

Thanks!

The Melding cluster. I don't pick it up in my tree, because the extra ~300-400 ES isn't necessary and I personally don't think the jewel is a must anymore with the nerf. A max roll is worth 21% ES which is essentially a 3 mod jewel with 3 ES rolls. It's not bad or anything, but essentially my argument is this: point for point, Foresight > Melding. So if you can only choose one, take Foresight. My build is pretty point starved, so I had to choose one. Picking up Foresight meant that I could pick up Harrier which is great clearspeed QoL, and I could pick up the spell damage jewel which is far better than the 8% elemental damage slot near the curse wheel. If you go Melding + Energy from Within, I'd just drop Foresight/Harrier entirely.
"
overmax wrote:

My only comment is that your Temp Chains CoH has a leveled CwDT. You should leave it at 1 (with appropriate BL level) so that it gets spammed as often as possible.
Shaper down. Was honestly pretty easy considering I've never fought him before. I died 3 times to just mechanical things from inexperience (thought I could facetank slam, wasn't prepared for the double Shaper 3rd phase, and then forgot the 3rd phase does a beam right after the bullet hell). Damage was really good, not top tier BV/HoWA facetank good, but pretty close.

I'm certain I can do him deathless pretty easily so I'll try to record next time.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Dec 28, 2016, 5:32:15 PM
"
dragonsroc wrote:
"
overmax wrote:

My only comment is that your Temp Chains CoH has a leveled CwDT. You should leave it at 1 (with appropriate BL level) so that it gets spammed as often as possible.

Thanks for the tip! I missed this part about cwdm!

Grats on Shaper!
Why take snowforged over growth and decay?

Edit: both takes 4 points.
@Raidki
Because snowforged buffs both initial hit and dot from vortex and buff %conversation chaos damage but growth and decay only buff dots btw its small but crit is always nice because EO procs/ignite often.
fire/cold/spell > dot because dot damage is a portion of the initial damage and vortex dot can scale with spell damage as well (i dont count blight because its filler spell no real dps here for big targets).

BTW i did t15 with EE mod.

I didnt feel any change in both dps/def side leech was still feel same and dps too.I guess taking extra jewel slot will better choice to cover your weaknesses.
Hi mate!!! Thx for posting this, is an awesome build!!!

I have a doubt, hope u can answer me. You are recommending attack speed (for the second bandit and as a mod for the jewels). Why? Blight is a spell and it would be affected by cast speed and no by attack speed right?

AS only affect to Whirling blades i think, or im missing something??

THx a lot!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info