Hyaon's Fury BF Raider Write Up/Guide

Hey everybody, this is going to be a guide on a Raider that uses the unique sword "Hyaon's Fury" to deal lightning damage and shock enemies with the skill Blade Flurry.
Please note that this is my first written guide, so expect mistakes and poor layout that I'll work on bettering over time.

The most important purchase is going to be trying to get the highest lightning damage/attack speed rolled Hyaon's.
For an offhand, Doryani's Catalyst is fantastic, however I just started so I don't have the some odd ex to buy a 100% elemental one. So in the mean time, I'd recommend just using a high evasion shield with some life and resists.
Our jewelry should consist of life, resistances until capped, WeD, added lightning damage to attacks, attack speed.
Here is a list of uniques we're going to be using for the build. The only "required" unique is Hyaon's Fury, the rest are just overall nice items.
Spoiler

For gem links, I think the following is what's best.
Blade Flurry - You can use any skill to apply the lightning damage if you don't like Blade Flurry, as long as it's compatible with swords.
Spoiler
Blade Flurry > Added Lightning Damage (20% preferably) > Faster Attacks > Weapon Elemental Damage > 5th link Lightning Penetration > 6th link Conc effect/Inc AoE

Adding Innervate instead of Inc aoe/Conc if you have a Tabula makes it feel comfy until you get Aspect of the Chase

Whirling Blades
Spoiler
Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Blood Magic

Aura's/Herald's
Spoiler
Socket your Wrath and Vaal Haste along with an Increased Duration in an Alpha's Howl if you have one for the +2 to aura gems

Herald of Thunder > Curse on Hit > Warlord's Mark (we swap out Warlord's Mark for Conductivity when we get a Vinktar's)

CWDT - There are a few setups, depending on if you're using a shield or a Doryani's Catalyst
Spoiler
For shields:
CWDT > Tempest Shield > Golem > Blind Support (kinda bad since Acrobatics gimps our chance to block)

For Doryani's:
CWDT > Arctic Breath > GMP > Chain
CWDT > Immortal Call > Golem > Increased Duration

For leveling, it's pretty simple.
Grab a few axes from Tarkleigh, a Cleave gem from Nessa and Cleave your way up to 22, from there you can buy a unique claw weapon called Hand of Thought and Motion.
This claw will carry you to Hyaon's, once you get it you can swap to whatever skill you enjoy using that's compatible with claws. A Crest of Perandus pairs nicely here, as well.
Once you get level 28, kill Gravicius and grab a Blade Flurry, socket it in a crafted four-link if need be with Added Lightning Damage, Faster Attacks and Weapon Elemental Damage

How I personally allocated my points while leveling
Spoiler
18 points
37 points - Don't be afraid to grab the +30 to strength/intelligence nodes while leveling for gear/gem requirements
57 points - These jewel sockets we get here are for Static Electricity
71 points
97 points
finished tree

For Ascendancy nodes, I took Aspect of the Slaughter first for the frenzy generation, used Innervate in my links until I got Aspect of the Chase

Nice leveling uniques
Spoiler

Bandits
Spoiler
Help Oak > Help Kraityn/Kill all > Help Kraityn

Google Docs write up of the build

Hope you enjoy - remember to have fun and stay safe, Exiles!
Last edited by aTragedy on Dec 24, 2016, 4:30:53 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 8:37:51 AM
decided to try and write it all out here, hope you enjoy
fixed some pathing for more static electricity damage for the same amount of points near shadow
Interesting. I also have a very similar idea but one of the biggest problem that come to mind was probably the defensive capabilities of the build. I'll probably be using a Lightning Coil to counter the drawbacks of the Hyaon.
"
noobzstarx wrote:
Interesting. I also have a very similar idea but one of the biggest problem that come to mind was probably the defensive capabilities of the build. I'll probably be using a Lightning Coil to counter the drawbacks of the Hyaon.

lightning coil is definitely one way to mitigate some incoming damage, however i feel that spells are going to be the most dangerous thing, not melee attacks since we have to stand still for a second to channel up blade flurry.

we have fortify to alleviate the drawbacks of hyaon's, however this makes fortify a gap filler rather than an addition to our overall defenses.
i'm using a carcass jack simply because i found a 5 link, i'd probably consider using a lightning coil if i had one as well
how's your tooltip dps and attacks/second? u feel it's good enuf or u need another gear check? looks good thus far can't wait to see more
Last edited by Rangeless on Dec 20, 2016, 5:56:35 AM
"
Rangeless wrote:
how's your tooltip dps and attacks/second? u feel it's good enuf or u need another gear check? looks good thus far can't wait to see more

22k dps with elemental overload at level 66 so far, this is without a few good uniques
i'm also still using an innervate support gem, so once we swap that out for lightning pen it'll only get higher
hyaon's is a pretty bad attack speed base, so it feels a little slow until you get your frenzy charges and onslaught up, but once that's going attacks per second is 3, this is without the buffed onslaught from aspect of the chase as well
right now my gear is just suited towards resist cap, so no attack speed on jewelry/gloves and it feels comfy enough
a 6 charged BF kills pretty much any uniques/bosses/breach rares so far
Last edited by aTragedy on Dec 20, 2016, 8:09:10 AM
I followed this build. So far pretty good. The only problem is degen damage and chaos damage because of the damage taken penalty on the sword. The only think is to switch for max dodge with atziri's step, using perfect form for boosting your evade chance and Avatar of the Veil for status immune to sustane late game content and Vinktar's. I use 3 vaal grase with increase duration on my helmet for perma capped dodge during maps and boss fights. For even more damage i plan to switch for elemental focus instead of inc aoe and dying sun flask, because shock is provided with Vinktar's anyway.
Spoiler

[/spoiler]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info