[2.5] Raider Cyclone: Hyaon's vs Ngamahu's?

Hello All,

I have wanted to do a Hyaonclone build ever since seeing Mathil's take on it. The buttloads of movespeed and maxing the usefulness of frenzy charges seemed really fun. Now that Raider is available on top of his original build, I assume it would help quite a bit with defenses and elemental reflect.
However, with 2.5 bringing the Ngamahu's + Xoph combo that so many are doing, I'm wondering if it wouldn't simply be stronger all around? My thinking is that with this approach, I could get the Blood Magic Keystone since few auras would do much, just maybe Grace in an Essence Worm. And this would free up a socket on my links, as well as let me enjoy greater benefit of increased 2.5 weapon ranges, since Ngamahu's is 11, while Hyaon's is 9.

My only concern was thinking that if I did Ngamahu's, would Cheiftain simply be a more efficient path anyway?

Basically, are there any good reasons to stick the Hyaon's approach I've been working towards(only 54 now)? I assume it requires an extra link for Blood Magic since I haven't been successful in running it off mana, and feel like I'd don't have many great options for my last 25% unreserveda mana(alongside Wrath and HoT). Perhaps Herald of Ice?

Basically my thinking of the pros for each:

Hyaon's:
Can use a shield for added Evasion
More mana reserved on buffs
Devotos', Bronn's Lithe, both cheap and synergize very well
Fun Lightning Zapping everywhere with Herald of Thunder.

Ngamahu's:
Larger Aoe
Higher HP from Blood Magic Keystone
Extra link on Cyclone due to Blood Magic
Fun Fire Explosions

Am I missing much? I have no idea how much the damage will compare overall.

Thanks for your opinions and help.

Edit: So messing around with the Spirit Void Passive, it seems it might be possible to run cyclone on mana? Only on a 4L right now with it, but also not doing tons of damage to convert yet. Maybe with an Elreon piece I guess?
Last edited by Sphen on Dec 14, 2016, 9:16:58 PM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2016, 2:25:09 AM
Hi there, i'm currently playing Ngamahu's+ Xoph's combo and find the damage to be more than sufficient even for T16.
I just wanted to add one thing: Auras are actually pretty good. I'm currently running Herald of Ash and Hatred and especially Herald of Ash helps clearspeed a lot, as it scales well with fire Pen, Fire damage and elemental damage. Chain reaction of Overkill damage can clear white Mob groups. And thanks to Avatar of Fire, 50% of Hatred's cold damage gets converted to fire aswell.
IGN: PatzeOnFire

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info