New Microtransactions - Lunaris Armour Set, Golden Parakeet, New Back Attachments

"
I JUST SPENT MY GOD DAMN POINTS 30 MINUTES BEFORE PATCH. WHY WHY WHY WHY

You could just contact support and get some refunds. I did that once when I accidently bought a weapon effect xD
"
Forsman wrote:
How hard is it to make some cloak MTX that does not have stupid flames on it

god damn it

+1

Long dark normal cloak without any crap on it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Just when I thought I had all the pets I wanted ...
Censored.
"
shadowscion wrote:
Please implement some form of preview other than useless 10 second video clips, so we can see what these MTX actually look like in game, particularly when paired with things we already own.

There's far too many things in the game that you could pair these with. And all the clips they use are of in-game footage...
"
Forsman wrote:
How hard is it to make some cloak MTX that does not have stupid flames on it

god damn it

Cloaks were just launched. They'll get you your basic cloak in time, don't worry. There's probably going to be a whole bunch of cloak mtx'es eventually. But I suspect they're holding off on launching new cloaks atm till the end of Breach league so as to allow the Breach supporters to enjoy the exclusivity for the time being. So I'm afraid you'll probably have to wait a couple more months.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 14, 2016, 2:16:15 PM
"
Alysma wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:

Or ranged! Like... Robin Hood set? Legolas set?

+1 for Ranger/forest themed sets that are on the lithe side - even the Verdant set looks way too bulky. Also, I'd still (since the closed beta, actually) prefer effects that would add rust, dust, dents and stains to armour instead of more shinies. :-D

+1 for both suggestions! They could even launch some sort of 'Veteran Armor Set' that looks like it's seen a lot of battles. Could even ask some professional armorsmiths/historians/archaeologists what actual armor tended to look like after seeing use. That'd be a pretty cool set, imo.

In keeping with that, another possibility GGG might wish to explore is selling character skins. No, I don't mean sex changes (they've already said they won't do that), but slightly different looks for the different characters which still stay true to their original look. The major focus area for this would undoubtedly be the face. Imagine, for instance, a 'Veteran' skin (or just the face) for each character that reflects their time here facing the harrows of Wraeclast. The Duelist could look less cocky and more grim, the Templar more fanatical or...the Witch showing steady signs of progressing from brooding goth chick to gem-empowered insanity (think Galadriel from that one scene in LOTR where she's offered the Ring).

And before anyone points out that we can't usually see our characters' faces under their helms, remember that GGG also sells this for that purpose - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgRi3RKkip4
more useless crap lol.. "make the regular in game styles absolute crap so people who enjoy the mechanics of our game have to spend retarded amounts of cash to look half decent"
prices are high for visually looking better.. at least make in game gear look decent with out having to buy this crap for 45$ an armor set
"
tkensei wrote:
I agree, they are mostly for the male characters (male armour). Would like to see more feminine mtx's for Witch, Ranger, Scion. Actually the Ranger looks like a man, I guess she can wear male armour.

Fyi, people have asked actual armorsmiths what 'female' armor might look like (usually in response to the ridiculous female armor you see in fantasy games whose sole purpose seems to be reveal as many weakspots on their bodies as possible). The consensus answer is that it wouldn't look any different from male armor. The thing is that metal armor (as opposed to modern armor that uses more flexible materials) isn't custom fit. There's typically even some space inside between the person and the plate, unless the person is particularly bulky. By the time you get into one of those armor sets, all trace of your gender has been wiped out. You literally would not be able to tell a female soldier from a male one if they're completely covered up (a fact that has been played up on occasion in fiction where a woman sneaks into an army to fight by donning a full suit of armor so no one can identify her as female). As such, the women in PoE would actually probably be right at home wearing exactly the same stuff as the men.
"
more useless crap lol.. "make the regular in game styles absolute crap so people who enjoy the mechanics of our game have to spend retarded amounts of cash to look half decent"
prices are high for visually looking better.. at least make in game gear look decent with out having to buy this crap for 45$ an armor set

That is precisely their business model, yes. And, btw, there's nothing wrong with it. You play the game to enjoy the gameplay, not look pretty. If you really want to look pretty as well, then be prepared to cough up. It's not a gameplay advantage. They said they wouldn't ever go pay2win (and don't even bother with the tired old stash tab argument), not that they were a charity.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"

That is precisely their business model, yes. And, btw, there's nothing wrong with it. You play the game to enjoy the gameplay, not look pretty. If you really want to look pretty as well, then be prepared to cough up. It's not a gameplay advantage. They said they wouldn't ever go pay2win (and don't even bother with the tired old stash tab argument), not that they were a charity.

not asking for p2w.. asking for maybe a reasonable price for some of these visuals.. cause all ingame non shop bought gear looks like shit lol. and I get they are making money.. but 200 pts for an armor.. come on that's 20$
if it was like 5$ or something reasonable I would cough it up but that's robbery considering iv already dropped 80$ in stash tab stuff (price of a regular game)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info