Elemental claw Blade Flurry Raider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBm9iBXWc6E

8412 avg damage (with increased aoe 5L) in hideout with auras
11002 avg damage (with increased aoe 5L) with frenzy charges + sulphur flask up
84% accuracy :(
9083 ES
693 INT

Tree at level 90 (opted out of forces of nature for two jewel nodes and better pathing)
Last edited by _Sycho on Dec 14, 2016, 1:11:34 AM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2016, 6:04:42 PM
Neat build. I would highly recommend taking Avatar of the Veil instead of the Onslaught line for your third and fourth Ascendancy picks. Not only do you get some extra Elemental damage, but the Elemental Status Ailment immunity makes CI much more trouble-free -- a Silver Flask of Warding, for example, effectively reads: Remove and become Immune to Curses, Ignite, Shock, Chill, Freeze, gain Phasing, gain Onslaught. Pretty swell for one flask! This makes your flask selection much more flexible, and means that in general map clearing situations you don't even need to worry about status ailments (including chilled ground!) thanks to being at max Frenzy charges. It is by far a better choice than the Onslaught tree even for life-based builds, in my opinion, and a total no-brainer for CI. I'm using it on my life-based Ele sword non-crit BF raider presently, and the quality of life it affords is a huge boon.

You're also probably already aware, but your Accuracy is very low at the moment, which is severely hurting your DPS against higher level enemies, both due to missed hits and unreliable Elemental Overload uptime. I know you'll lose some tooltip damage from it, but a Hinekora's Sight will increase your DPS overall, and also add a small amount of dodge and spelldodge, which isn't unwelcome. The blind immunity is nice as well. They're pretty cheap on BHC right now, so it's worth trying. The ES loss will certainly be offset by the increased damage (and indirectly increased leech) and dodge.

Overall very inspiring build. I had been mulling a build using these claws over, and hadn't considered the relative availability of reduced reservation nodes -- definitely a smart tech choice.

Last edited by Tykero on Dec 13, 2016, 11:18:21 AM
Is wrath really worth it tho ? when you achieve high ammount of INT i think it becomes a little obselete .. i'd switch it with herald of ice/thunder or maybe both !
also i'd use a call of the brotherhood instead of the valyrium ring, if you're taking the phasing path of course .. (for statut ailments immunity)

i'm going to try it that way :D
"
Tykero wrote:
Neat build. I would highly recommend taking Avatar of the Veil instead of the Onslaught line for your third and fourth Ascendancy picks. Not only do you get some extra Elemental damage, but the Elemental Status Ailment immunity makes CI much more trouble-free -- a Silver Flask of Warding, for example, effectively reads: Remove and become Immune to Curses, Ignite, Shock, Chill, Freeze, gain Phasing, gain Onslaught. Pretty swell for one flask! This makes your flask selection much more flexible, and means that in general map clearing situations you don't even need to worry about status ailments (including chilled ground!) thanks to being at max Frenzy charges. It is by far a better choice than the Onslaught tree even for life-based builds, in my opinion, and a total no-brainer for CI. I'm using it on my life-based Ele sword non-crit BF raider presently, and the quality of life it affords is a huge boon.

You're also probably already aware, but your Accuracy is very low at the moment, which is severely hurting your DPS against higher level enemies, both due to missed hits and unreliable Elemental Overload uptime. I know you'll lose some tooltip damage from it, but a Hinekora's Sight will increase your DPS overall, and also add a small amount of dodge and spelldodge, which isn't unwelcome. The blind immunity is nice as well. They're pretty cheap on BHC right now, so it's worth trying. The ES loss will certainly be offset by the increased damage (and indirectly increased leech) and dodge.

Overall very inspiring build. I had been mulling a build using these claws over, and hadn't considered the relative availability of reduced reservation nodes -- definitely a smart tech choice.

Yeah its been a few days of looking for the last trial I need and can't find it. I leveled a witch in the meantime otherwise I woulda had the last uber trial done, and taken those nodes. I just took the onslaught for now.

Yeah my gear is garbage its just what I could throw together quickly. Gunna try to upgrade more gear today.
"
zazoumar wrote:
Is wrath really worth it tho ? when you achieve high ammount of INT i think it becomes a little obselete .. i'd switch it with herald of ice/thunder or maybe both !
also i'd use a call of the brotherhood instead of the valyrium ring, if you're taking the phasing path of course .. (for statut ailments immunity)

i'm going to try it that way :D

I mean wrath in hideout makes me go from 3k average damage to 4.2k
Doing the same build, with a pretty different skill tree.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAFvAdEEBw5IDlwPqxEvEVARlhUgFdcWvxcmGYoZtBnXGyUbyB8CIvQj0ySLJJ0nISo4KwosvyzpLYM1uTY9NsU8vj1fQdBEDUV-SVFJsUuuTLNM_1JTVEdVhVZIVmNca13yX2pfcGJaapNq-mwLbRltbG8neoR_xoNthEiExYauhrOLeow2j2CP-pMnk5WVyJcGl5WX9Jpqm7WexKEvpcumvqcrrTOv67VIvoq-p8HFwzrDbcSiyPDP3dAf0K3Q0NN-1ljXz9gk2NXZW9-Y4vfjhOUZ6QLsGO9674jv6_DV8Yr2o_k3_gk=?accountName=mathiasmmh&characterName=BlockheadJoe

I've opted to take a more flask-heavy approach to the build as well as grabbing blasphemy enfeeble instead of offensive auras. Fully buffed with conc I have 8k average tooltip (0.12 attack time) and 36% lightning penetration from the gem. I feel like the damage is good so far, and that you can basically tank everything and anything. 1070 INT and 11.3k ES

I like your build, but I like to be overkill on defensives in HC :p
Playing a similar build as Pathfinder. How do you guys handle stuns?
Is it really worth pathing to duelist just to grab the leech nodes? Or isnt Atziri Flask + Vinktars Leech enough?
Last edited by LuckYEiner on Dec 19, 2016, 6:11:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info