[2.5] Paragorn of Thunder - Elementalist Lightning Strike Melee Crit

Hello Folks, and Welcome to my build guide

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?
Spoiler

1. A Build for the Visual Effect of lightning skills lovers, aswell as non-meta build lovers.

2. Someone who seeks a build that is not expensive however has some uniques that help it reach it's peak.

3. People who enjoy Ranged Melee Fighting.

Cons:
1. Has some unique items that are required to make it shine.
2. It is a bit squishy mid game.
3. Because of point 2., I do not reccoment it for HC.

Build mechanic introduction:
Spoiler

For defenses, this build utilizes Life/Armour and the range of Lightning Strike's reach.
For offense we will use Lightning Strike with Multistrike, and optionally Arc and Ball Lightning.
There are 2 options to this build:
-Double Mjolner, they are currently 2c each with good lightning damage, very cheap, and very rewarding for our lightning based build.
-Double Rare/Unique Sceptres until you can save enough to get 2 Doryani's Catalyst.

Skill-gems and setups:
Spoiler

Offensive Setup

4L -> Lightning Strike - Physical to Lightning - Melee Physical Damage Support - Multistrike Support

5L -> Lightning Strike - Physical to Lightning - Melee Physical Damage Support - Multistrike Support - Lightning Penetration

6L -> Lightning Strike - Physical to Lightning - Melee Physical Damage Support - Multistrike Support - Lightning Penetration - Weapon Elemental Damage

(Optionally you may take Fortify instead of Melee Physical, however I prefer to trigget Fortify using leap slam)

Prefered Mjolner:
Dual Wield Mjolner
1st Mjolner: Arc - Increased Critical Strikes - Power Charge on Critical
2nd Mjolner: Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Conductivity/Assassins Mark

Defensive Setup:

4L - Cast When Damage Taken,Immortal Call,Increased Duration, Molten Shell

Auras and Buffs:

3S - Hatred - Clarity - Summon Ice Golem (If I can fit when I get my final items, will add Herald of Ice or Herald of Ash)

Mobility:

3L - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks Support - Fortify Support

Curses:
Assassin's Mark or Conductivity (Manual Cast or Auto Cast with Mjolner)
(When I am in party I use Assassin's Mark, when soloing Conductivity)

Skill-trees and Ascendancy class:

Spoiler

Ascendancy Class: Elementalist

In Order:
Ascendancy Points: Pendulum of Destruction, Paragorn of Calamity, Shaper of Desolation, Beacon of Ruin

Leveling skill-tree, 29 points:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAAj0DkgRlha_Gdci9CaVKgtUrlVLXfJh4mpDbAttGXBSdf190n_GhG-J04w2kyeTlaIurTPAVN-K4tXtQQ==

Leveling skill-tree, 64 points:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAASzCPQOSBEtEZYTzBa_GdcaOCL0JpUnLyoLMoky0TrYRUdP81SuVUtX4lnzXfJh4mn-akNsC20ZcFJyqXX9d-V8g33Sf8aCm4RvidOMNo6-kFWSfZLBkyeTlZhvogCiLqyqrTO1BMBUwGbcI9-K37Dhc-LV5CLlz-vu7MvtIO1B9zI=

Leveling skill-tree, 93 points:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAASzCPQOSBEtEZYTzBQgFm8WvxnXGjgabCL0JKomlScvJ6koKioLMoky0TbpOtg8LUVHT_NQR1SuVUtX4lnzXfJfP2Hiaf5qQ2wLbRlwUnKpdf12rHflfIN90n_GgpuDX4PMhG-FUonTi0-MNo6-kFWSfZLBkyeTlZd5mG-baqIAoi6sqq0zrY21BLc-wFTAZsT2xq7Pfti92WHcI9-K37Dhc-LV42rkIuRR5c_qGOvu7MvtIO1B7w73Mv4K

Leveling skill-tree, 121 points:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAASzCPQN0Q5IES0RlhPMFCAWQBZvFr8Z1xo4Gmwc3CL0JKomlScvKCoqCzGeMoky0TWSNuk62DrhPC09PkVHRtdN40_zUEdUrlVLV-JZ813yXz9h4mNDZlRmnmjyaf5qQ2wLbRlwUnGFcg9yqXX9dqx35XyDfdJ_xoKbg1-DzIRvhVKFfYnTi0-MNo6-jxqQVZJ9ksGTJ5OVlG-XeZhvm2qhL6IAoi6mV6yqrTOtjbFCtQS3Pr6KwFTAZsT2xq7Mt89-1XXYvdlh2rncI9-K37Dhc-LV42rjhOQi5FHlz-oY6-7sy-0g7UHvDvAf8kX3Mv4K_o8=

Bandit Quest Rewards:
Spoiler

- Normal : Help Oak for 40 life.
- Cruel : Help Oak for 16% Increased Physical Damage .
- Merciless: Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.

Jewel Prefered Mods:
Spoiler

Coming Soon

To be added to the build as soon as possible:
-Reccomended Gear
-Leveling Uniques that make leveling easy
-Optional Gear

To be added when I have some spare time:
-Video of the Build in action

Last edited by csogaki on Dec 11, 2016, 7:07:01 AM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2017, 1:03:33 PM
Hey , I like the build Idea overall. Is this build dead or will you give us an update ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info