D2 Light-Sorc Style - FEEDBACK PLS!

Hey dudes!

So I've started a Templar and am lvl 45 now.
I've been thinking of making my Templar only using Lightning skills, stacking Energy Shield and Blockchance and with Tempest Shield.

Arc, Spark and Shock Nova just like a light sorc from d2 :)

So my current Build is this:

You see I've stacked some ele/light dmg, ARMOR/ES quite a bit, some ele-res on the way, Blockchance and Life as well as chance/duration to shock.

To my skills used = more down.

Here the complete Skilltree im aiming for:

Should I go for Resolute Techniques? Does that apply to Skills, too? Since spells can miss too I suppose (?)

Summed up stats from tree:

Spoiler
+122% Life
+30 Max Life
+104% Armor
+170% ES
+20% ES Recovery
+30% effect of Buffs (manareg+ES aura, maybe tempestshield block?)
+60% Resist Elements
+24% Chaos Resist
+15% Lightning dmg
+25% to avoid interruption while casting
20% Chance for lightning Skills to Shock Enemys
+60% Shock duration
+41% Elemental Spell Dmg
+82% Light Spell Dmg
-7% Mana cost
+68% Mana
120% increased manareg
+20 Max Mana
+36% AoE Radius
+20% AoE dmg
18% Faster Cast Rate
+15% Blockchance (+4% from Skill, thats about 45-50% Blockchance with Shield)
12% Blockchance applied to spell (and +50% BC applied to spell from Amulett = around 29% BC)
90% increased ES from shield
20% increased defense from shield
272 Int
122 Str (Enough for max Tempest Shield)
74 Dex (hopefully Enough for lesser projectiles etc.)

I'm using 3 Buffs and ATM 3 Attack skills and 1 Curse, and I think I'll keep them:

Active Skills:

Spoiler
Shock Nova: want to have it with faster cast speed and increased radius, later maybe concentrated effect, gives me immense 60% more dmg but -30% radius, but with radius-support-gem and radius from passives, nova should be really big nevertheless! And leveling gems should do the rest about that. Should cover the screen anyway with big dmg.

Arc: Probably only pushing dmg/castspeed/maybe lightning penetration, and maybe adding 2 chains - not sure because of less damage and I'll have shock nova for biggest AoE dmg

Spark: Singletarget AoE, so increased light dmg, light resist penetration and most likely lesser projectile for maximum overall dmg, since 66% more projectiles but -30% dmg are overall more DPS and should smash single targets.

Buffs:
Spoiler
Clarity: for mana reg
Discipline: more Energy Shield
Tempest Shield: More chance to block and blocking hurts enemys, great.

No Idea what useful supportskills I could link to those (more dmg to tempest most likely), but else, smth useful I dont know yet? Reduced mana cost? :)

And Curse:

Spoiler
Of Course:
Conductivity: all enemys get hurt more by guess what, lightning dmg, yesh ^^ maybe increased radius, but leveling it plus increased radius from skills should make it big enough on its own.

Leaves me one free skill spot (Lightning Warp is crap skill so dont use it) I dont know what to fill with?

I'll be trying to stack lots of ES but still have some armor on equip and shield for the massive armor bonus.

I've heard that too high Block chance makes you, in end game, at masses not able to cast shit because of the block animation and you block so often with too high block, is this correct? If yes, what blockchance is acceptable? I sticked to 45-50% and didnt go further yet.

Any feedback, suggestions, critics and helpful tips would be highly appreciated !

thanks for reading
greetz
Last edited by Ayranjie on Feb 22, 2013, 2:08:47 AM
up
Hello.

Im no expert on this game , but after what im been told and a little experience , i think u will strugle with life.
For real? Got +122% Life

beside that 60% all res alone from passives, 100%+ armor, I will focus a lot on ES too and 170% adds good to that as well as Discipline-Aura for additional ES, also very high Blockchance (also applied to spells).

Any tips how I could get more tanky without actually turning into a tank? :P

Just entered Act 3 cruel and its easy peasy
up
Looks solid from what I can tell, although 1 thing is you could drop nimbleness (if you don't need the 30 dex) and go for the left witch tree start to get 1% less cast speed but 20% more spell dmg for the same amount of points.

Would be interested to see how this works out.
@litto or @kaharon
I would switch shock nova w/ lightning warp. SO u lightning warp, then arc, lighting warp, arc, repeat. you'll get more hits in I believe.

I would also get minion instability I mean your right there. Spell totem + raise skeletons for sticky situations / bosses.

I would go dual curses as well but thats just me.

Spells always hit so resolute technique is useless.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Feb 23, 2013, 9:32:27 AM
Awesome Kaharon, didn't see that one :)

@YeahPete

Lightning Warp sucks (IMO), I mean, with shock nova (that deals a load of damage by itself, higher DPS than spark/arc) + increased radius + some speccs in increased radius (as I did) and it like, covers the screen. I could later on also add the +50% dmg and -30% radius support gem and it would still hit the crowd, but way more deadly.

Minion instability with spell totem+raise skeletons, is that good? I have a slot left I dont know with what to fill with. But unless the exploding skeletons are crap and are only for defensive purposes, I doubt I'd need it.

And going for the curse tree, sounds interesting indeed. 2 curses, Never expire is nice for sure
Last edited by Ayranjie on Feb 23, 2013, 9:49:00 AM
Lightning Warp is actually decent... IF you put it into a Spelltotem.
Just see it like another (more deadly) summon.
You just cast and forget about it, it pretty much wrecks weaker enemies (at least in cruel, i'm not in merciless with that build yet).

I would recommend to at least try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info