Would you like to play as an Alchemist?

Just as a quick n wild idea for future features..
What do you guys think about an Alchemist-like gameplay?

No i dont mean pickin flowers n stuff, but..
Throwing different potions as weapons,
with their respective variety of skills,
used as projectiles, based on the alredy known elements,chaos, poison,
or certain effects like explosion, maim, and so on,
but the key would be the potion as a new weapon type.

There could also be new channeling skills for them,
like drinking a potion at the start of the cast,
blowing out fire or poison from the mouth.

Throwing potions on an area to create buffs for you and your allies.

Could be one handed like a quiver of arrows, but treated as a weapon,
used with any other one handed weapon, shield, or dual wield.

As potions they would always be an "activate on impact" kind of weapon,
so no piercing through or anything stupid, but instead always AoE.

There would be alot of ideas coming to mind about them, but it would be "tl;dr" for now.

So what do you think?
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2016, 10:03:59 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not to be a dick, but this is one of those "hey wouldn't it be cool if this thing from this other game/universe/whatever was in this game?" that usually seem... "ehhh"

Also, technically, doesn't an alchemist just want to turn base metals into gold? Gold, which we don't have any of in PoE XD.
U MAD?
Well if you think its wrong because some games alredy had it,
what do you think about everything else we alredy have? :D
There are no other games with swords and magic,right? :P
"
NacyusDrako wrote:

That's not my point. This forum gets a lot of threads where people write out lengthy ideas for entirely new systems/classes/whatever to add to the game, often inspired by something from another game/movie/universe/whatever. None of them are ever implemented, and most of them just aren't realistic suggestions. Like I said, I don't mean to shit on your idea, I'm just giving you the reality.
U MAD?
Yeah i got it.. and its ok. :)
Its just hard to be "the one" creative enough to give birth to something new,
that no game ever had before.
Everything in the game we alredy have, some games alredy had em before..
But still its all different somehow because its PoE.
I cant see anything wrong about the game being more and more,
even if the features would be alredy well known in another universe.

Sigh... but yeah, lets see what others think about it.
I didnt have any high hopes anyways.
But we may never know, giving em hints and ideas maybe give that birth to something new eventually :D
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Gold, which we don't have any of in PoE XD.
You just wait. We already have silver :D
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I think you can do that already with traps + Sunblast belt + unique trap jewels/rapid decay gem/less duration gem. It will turn your traps into grenades. Add potions to the mix, pick Saboteur or Pathfinder and you are alchemist now.

Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
I think you can do that already with traps + Sunblast belt + unique trap jewels/rapid decay gem/less duration gem. It will turn your traps into grenades. Add potions to the mix, pick Saboteur or Pathfinder and you are alchemist now.

Whoa! Yup I thought an alchemist is cool but a saboteur might just be cooler, need to try this one. Thanks. :)
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
There are skill tree nodes, gear, ascendancy related to potion using.
There are skill gems: lob a fire orb, and strike melee and spawn fire orb.
Greek fire throwing is not much different from using mines, traps. Mine builds are decent.
There is no classes in PoE and ascendancy does not define skill/weapon choice that much.
You could achieve similar with either Ranger Pathfinder or Shadow Sabotour.
No.

Last edited by felixsylvaris on Dec 8, 2016, 3:28:14 AM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
NacyusDrako wrote:

That's not my point. This forum gets a lot of threads where people write out lengthy ideas for entirely new systems/classes/whatever to add to the game, often inspired by something from another game/movie/universe/whatever. None of them are ever implemented, and most of them just aren't realistic suggestions. Like I said, I don't mean to shit on your idea, I'm just giving you the reality.

There is a certain player for example on the forums who kept popping up every so often asking for all these mtx's or new base items/uniques that just don't fit into this game in any logical way (mtx is less of an issue, we got some non-canon sort of mtx already) and it is annoying as hell. They would come back from watching/playing a korean mmo or something and be like "Here's picture. Make that happen. Now!!!"

Other notables were pictures of anime armours, stuff that looked flat out like English holy knight armour, requiring very specific other uniques in order for certain effects to activate (pseudo set items), flat out overpowered shit, etc.

The problem with thinking about things like your alchemist suggestion, is that you haven't even stopped to think about the logistical problems. Would it be a new character type? There goes to skill tree to hell. Would it be a new class? Each character already has their ascendencies set. Good luck trying to justify removing one or adding a 4th to all the characters.

You have to take a moment to realize what would even manage to work its way into this game before suggesting it. A game like D3 could add an alchemist setup in almost an instant if you disregard skills and runes. D3 could just throw in a new weapon and offhand type "potions" and such and pretty much be set. Try doing even remotely the same to PoE as it stands now and you will be waiting months upon months for the addition to be even close to being ready and designed, let alone tested.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Dec 8, 2016, 6:05:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info