[2.5] Xoph's prolif RoA/BA Chieftain

Hello,

with the new uniques i have decided to try a the burning prolif Chieftain with new bow.

*** Video ***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjR2pLSCik

Mandatory

The tooltip was updated from the preview version with the range of proliferation. It's not amazing, but it's bound in the item so it saves us a link and does not force us to go crappy Elementalist.

This unique will finish full conversion of Phys to fire and will grant us big portion of extra fire dmg.

I decided to use Keystones
Iron Grip - it provides roughly 80% additional phys dmg
Elemental Overload - provides 40% multiplier, double dips to fire/burn

Skill Choice
Rain of Arrows - good area, good base dmg multiplier, clear speed is OK
Burning Arrow - bit more efficient for single target than RoA, but terrible for general clear speed.
Vaal Burning Arrow - overlapping GMP AoE burst dmg to bring down Breach mobs/rares/bosses in addition to general burn dmg

Final target is to have 6L bow with Conc RoA and discard Vaal Burning Arrow for sake of Kaom's Heart (additional dmg & big life boost).

Passive Tree @85 lvl.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcA3UEswUtBsMLYROlFCAWCxZvGF0aOBo-Gmwc3CKvJKom8ycvLlMx-zJ-Moky0TWSNug26ThTOlI62DwFPC087z38QzFFR0WdR35KyEz_UEdTUlZIWGNYd1ivWlJfBF8_ZU1mVGjybqpvO3Ttdct253fjd-V4DXloeu97s3_jgpuDX4PMhNmFe4ZgjX6PGo9gkFWRK5o7muCdrp_fogCmo6cIqJqpbq9stfK3Pre2uX69Nr6nwBrAZsEExFjGBMauxtjTb9ZY2CTYvdrB42rqYuvu7DjvDu988B_yL_ZI_go=?accountName=Marxone&characterName=NigrumMortemIgnis

Final Target around @95
WIP
Not sure if the pathing is efficient or if I am going to grab Eelemental Equilibrium or not. Might be worth, as usually for burn build it is. Or if am I to grab the Xoph's Amulet, which will render the Signal Fire meaningless.

Current Gear

OldSnapShot

Optimal Gear Affixes
Prefixes
- weapon ele dmg
- life
- flat phys dmg
- flat fire dmg

Suffixes
- attack speed
- fire dmg
- res

Tooltip

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Dec 12, 2016, 4:39:40 PM
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2016, 4:45:39 PM
Videos of gameplay will come later.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Hi, your build looks cool, i've been looking for a solid RoA build for a while now, would you mind telling me how you lvled ?

cheers
I leveled as Earthquake. The pathing is similar, you just gram some close 2H dmg nods to move forward.
I swapped to bow at lvl 80sh as i had no currency. It's not a great league starter. Better to farm with either EQ & Warchief totem, or just invest more points towards dual Warchief totem.

Probably most efficient.

Clear speed wise, i am faster after swapping to bow.

3.13 was the golden age.
Maybe a dumb question, but how do you ignite? I can spot a total of 30% from your items/tree?
There are 2 ways.

1. ignite chance - yes, it is low. Having a 6 link with Chance to Ignite is an option, but i would prefer taking more ignite chance on the tree. That's why i probably go for the Fire dmg on the north of the Witch.

2. Crit - despite my low crit chance, it's still additional 5%
- actually increasing crit chance could be a nice way to proceed, since it means also more proc chance for ELe Overload. I was thinking taking the bow crit nods on the way to Point Blank and try to add another multiplier for boss situations. For general gameplay it is however not mandatory.

3. the best one - Herald of Ash overkill burn :)
- for this i will probably implement adding Worm flask and go for HoA prolifs on bosses, but then, i usually take boss down with 3 charges of Vaal Burning Arrow.

Weekend ahead of me, i will add some videos how the build actually operates in T7-8. Don't have higher maps yet. I plan to push to 90 during weekened.

3.13 was the golden age.
Do you think that a build like that would work with Point Blank, Cold to Fire and Ice Shot?
I was thinking about Ice Shot, but i think it would require different gearing.

1. more pierce =-> Drill Neck
->> Xoph's Amu for conversion
->> pathing for pierce chance
->> going crit rather than non crit while in that area.

->> probably not worth as Chieftain since the traveling is too much and there is no gain from Ele Overload anymore.

So, for Ice shot, it would be better to go either Scion with Chieftain / Deadeye combination or just Pure Deadeye (maybe Raider might be also decent option and go for frenzy charges as additional dmg multiplier. )

But i think crit builds won't be able to deal with Reflect unless you have on cooldown Ruby flask (and even then, it is sometimes tricky)

3.13 was the golden age.
not sure yet, but this might be a better alternative

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1787413

as Scion

3.13 was the golden age.
"
I was thinking about Ice Shot, but i think it would require different gearing.

1. more pierce =-> Drill Neck
->> Xoph's Amu for conversion
->> pathing for pierce chance
->> going crit rather than non crit while in that area.

->> probably not worth as Chieftain since the traveling is too much and there is no gain from Ele Overload anymore.

So, for Ice shot, it would be better to go either Scion with Chieftain / Deadeye combination or just Pure Deadeye (maybe Raider might be also decent option and go for frenzy charges as additional dmg multiplier. )

But i think crit builds won't be able to deal with Reflect unless you have on cooldown Ruby flask (and even then, it is sometimes tricky)

i'm playing a similar build right now, and there's a good way to do it without rerolling. you use drillneck yeah, but instead of using pierce gem or lioneye's glare, you can pick up the voidwalker boots. a bit pricy, roughly an exalt, but gives you 100% pierce while mapping, which fully synergizes with drillneck, i'm doing it right now. it feels amazing.

it makes burning arrow fantastic for clearing too. right now i have a 21k tooltip with frenzy charges with gmp. 100% pierce, lots of proj speed, drillneck and winds of change for double dipping, burning arrow will clear the whole screen and the next one too. truly blazing fast clear speed.

problem i've found with these builds is single target. not as good as a traditional bow build i've found. haven't tried vaal burning arrow yet though, but i'm trying to stay away from it because it's not a solution for the big boy bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info