Trickster Vortex dot 2.5 idea

Hi, I want to try a new build and test it so it's fully open to suggestions.
The idea is to build a damage over time vortex build.

-- Why vortex?: It has a huge aoe and nice dot, it's cold so it can chill and freeze which is a good defensive mechanic.

-- Why dot and not crit: Crit is expensive on the tree and dot is fun and much more safer, slow yes but safer and reflect safe too.

-- Why Shadow trickster?: Trickster has DOT bonuses and nice defensive passives that can become helpfull on late game, being a build based on life/es with little evasion, armor or block. The trickster bonuses to damage reduction EV and ES couple quite better than witch elementalist pure damage.
Also Shadow has good access to defensive and offensive nodes at the start, and you don't need to spread that much on the tree to get good dps and life nodes at the first levels. But Witch elementalist is the other option, or Templar inquisitor too.

-- No CI: I feel better using life flasks when necessary and stacking life and life regen from tree and gear. But a CI version could be done too changing life nodes for ES nodes but you would need to take nodes that won't benefit you at all from Shadow start, so no CI for shadow on this one.

So this is the idea of uniques and gem setups I have in mind right now, feel free to comment.

- Carcass Jack

- Southbound Soldier Gloves

- Doedre's Scorn

- Spine of the First Claimant Scepter

- The Halcyon amulet

Rings, belt, spirit shield and boots rares with high resistances and life, some stats like strenght and a bit of dex but mostly strength. All uniques are quite cheap, save for the carcass maybe a little more expensive but it's not a must to have.
The uniques give some res and life boosts too, specially cold res. The rares i would recommend full energy shield based and the belt a life or ES belt.

Gem setups:

6L: Vortex - Inc Area of Effect/Conc Effect - Controlled Destruction - Raid Decay - Hipotermia - Cold Penetration

4L: Frostbolt - GMP - Inc Crit Strikes - Faster Casting

4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Molten Shell

4L: Enfeeble - Vulnerability/Frostbite - Blasphemy - Frost Wall (in case you want to cast frostbolt and vortex from safe distance) / or another Vaal

3L: Frost Bomb - Inc Duration - Vaal Grace/Vaal Ice Nova/Vaal Cold Snap

3L: Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Red Duration

The passive tree with 109 skill points

With 122:

Last edited by SingThisCorrosion on Dec 6, 2016, 4:23:06 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 1:06:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info