[2.5] Raider EV/Life-based Oro's AS Flicker (Good for many skills)

I've always wanted to try a Raider build, and I've always wanted to try an Oro's build, so when I saw the buffs to Cyclone and the Raider in the patch notes, I had decided upon an Oro's Cyclone build for Breach. As I played and leveled with AS and weapons like Fidelitas' Spike and Ewar's Mirage (amazing item, love the options it opened for leveling) I toyed with all number of skills and supports. When I finally hit 67 and got my Oro's, it dawned on me how powerful the Raider buffs were with Flicker Strike and after swapping, I don't think I've had more fun with a build before.

Currently I'm level 77 and working into T6+ maps as they drop for me. I've ascended into Avatar of the Chase and Way of the Poacher, not yet into Avatar of Slaughter. At full Frenzy with Onslaught and no flasks running, Flicker has an Avg. Damage of ~5k with an attack time of .08 seconds (with Fire Pen instead of Melee Splash DPS would be much higher, even though it's not shown in the tooltip).

Current Gear

I'm currently using the gear above. The build is focused (obviously) around obtaining Frenzy charges, and utilizing them for defensive properties via Darkray Vectors. Of course that makes Darkray and Oro's the build enablers for Defense and Offense respectively, although Atziri's Step could be substituted/swapped for better spell defense.

The build sacrifices some life on jewelry for the sake of eDPS in the form of % and flat increases, but for a more defensive option you can forego the added damage to attacks to look for items that give HP. Later in the league when more options are available, it'll be easier to get something with the best of both worlds.

High AS is priority on gloves, followed by resists and ele damage to attacks. Helm is purely for defense, so high evasion/life and resists work. Chest can be used for resists and life, though if you can supplement those elsewhere, Hyrri's Ire is a good choice for offense and defense.

My item swap is a rapier I found and crafted paired with one I purchased for 20c, both with very high eDPS. This allows me to use Whirling Blades to get around, as well as swap to a very powerful Blade Flurry setup if I need/want to stay put for a fight. I haven't had the opportunity to try Atziri yet, but this would be the damage ability of choice (eventually set up as 6L in chest)

Gem Setup
This setup hasn't been very socket-intensive so far. Right now I'm running Poacher's Mark solely for the return on hit until I can spec into Vaal Pact, since the instant return is pretty necessary right now, specifically in Lightning/Ice breaches. If you don't want to run a curse there's a lot of other options.

That said, my current setup is pretty wonky as I fine-tune things. Here's what I foresee as endgame.

6L Oro's: Flicker - WED - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Melee Splash (Fire Pen for single target)

- The sixth link would likely be added cold/lightning for DPS or LGoH/Fortify for defense.

6L Chest: Blade Flurry - WED - Faster Attacks - Elemental Focus

I still haven't settled on the final two. My thoughts are some combination of Added Cold/Lightning, Culling Strike (preferably high q%), and Conc Effect/Increased AoE. With a lot of %increases coming from items and two %more modifiers from gems, I think flat damage from Added Cold/Lightning would result in the highest DPS increase. Added Cold can be swapped for Culling on bosses.

4L: Cyclone - LGoH - Blind - Fortify

Blind can be subbed out for Faster Attacks or something similar, especially if you already have a Stibnite Flask with extra charges/reduced uses. Defensive setup that can be used to fight your way out of a bad corner or build Frenzy charges back up with Oro's.

4L (or just 2L+2L): Leap Slam, Faster Attacks + Blasphemy, Curse

Currently I'm running one aura (Grace) and one curse (Poacher's Mark), so this works for me. Alternatively you could change the tree up a little and get a bit of %reduced reservation and use this 4L for Aura, Blasphemy, Curse, Enlighten and go for a Herald of Ice/Lightning as well

4L: Not sure yet. Either a CWDT setup if I think it's necessary, or as I mentioned earlier I could put Leap Slam here and maybe a Herald with Enlighten. If you really go crazy with the reduced reservation you might be able to forego the curse and use two auras.

More to come later, back to work for now.
Last edited by ToBeSomebody on Dec 21, 2016, 10:11:34 PM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2017, 4:23:57 PM
I'm so tired of starting as SRS on leagues... I'll give it a try :D

edit1: how did you leveled this build?
Last edited by mugetsugmr on Dec 5, 2016, 6:20:50 PM
"
mugetsugmr wrote:
I'm so tired of starting as SRS on leagues... I'll give it a try :D

edit1: how did you leveled this build?

I'll edit that in soon, but I leveled my way up to 28 using self-found bows and lightning/ice arrow and shrapnel shot. Once Blade Flurry became available, I spent a couple chaos/alchs and got Wake of Destruction, 2 Ewar's Mirage for weapons, Prismweave belt, and at level 30 I grabbed Thief's Torment ring. In total it was about 3/4 chaos in price and took me to level 60 where I found a better sword which took me to 67 for Oro's.

Edit: As for the tree, no reason to do any respecs, just follow the path and make a quick line for the Duelist's area for Master of the Arena. Grab attack and movespeed if you want, but honestly the build above did enough damage to carry me that I focused on early defenses and the leveling felt amazing.
Last edited by ToBeSomebody on Dec 5, 2016, 8:46:26 PM
Any resaon why you dont utilize the Fireborn Unique Jewel for the 2h damage to fire damage below the duelist start point?
"
Rhiyer wrote:
Any resaon why you dont utilize the Fireborn Unique Jewel for the 2h damage to fire damage below the duelist start point?

Basically, just a rare jewel can be around 40% fire damage that is double-dipping on ignite. Then you look at how many passives you free from those 2H nodes and you have a good alternative i.e. adding even more jools.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on Dec 6, 2016, 5:45:39 PM
What about bandits? And what ascendancy passive should I go for first?
how well does this build take volatile flame bloods? since im guessing most the time you will never see it coming, and im looking at playing this for hardcore
I know tooltip can be deceiving but can you tell us your stats? avg. Damage buffed and unbuffed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info