Little to no energy shield. Help?

Hey guys i'm new to POE(Level 47) and I have little to no shield and can't use discipline because i need harold of ice for my build and the curse aura support because i'm too lazy to cast it. I have like 1000 hp but 85 ES. How does people get so much ES as much as their health? Any help is appreciated.
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016, 6:50:55 PM
It depends on what your goals are.

Early game, ES is just terrible and there is no point to stack it from the beginning. Most people actually spec into life nodes on the passive tree and wear flat life on gear until they reach dried lake in merciless, wrap up the base of their build, then flip over to Chaos Innoculation or low life.

You may see people with a roughly 1:1 ratio of life and energy shield but that is very end game. Until you are at early end game, you will have a ton more life than ES. Mostly, you just have to keep speccing into life or es nodes on the tree or hybrid life and es nodes. The % nodes on the tree combine with the % and flat es on your gear so if you aren't wearing es heavy gear, you aren't going to get any bonus from your tree.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
If you only have 85 ES it sounds like you have mostly non-ES gear. Either that or your gear is woefully outdated. If you want ES, you should be wearing things like Conjurer's Vestment, Samite Slippers, Samite Gloves, Lunaris Circlet and Ancient Spirit Shield (at level 47). Or something else that has ES in it depending on how far along you are in the game.

ES is not mandatory though. There are lots of builds that do just fine with only life. Decide what kind of build you want to make and gear up accordingly.
"
It depends on what your goals are.

Early game, ES is just terrible and there is no point to stack it from the beginning. Most people actually spec into life nodes on the passive tree and wear flat life on gear until they reach dried lake in merciless, wrap up the base of their build, then flip over to Chaos Innoculation or low life.

You may see people with a roughly 1:1 ratio of life and energy shield but that is very end game. Until you are at early end game, you will have a ton more life than ES. Mostly, you just have to keep speccing into life or es nodes on the tree or hybrid life and es nodes. The % nodes on the tree combine with the % and flat es on your gear so if you aren't wearing es heavy gear, you aren't going to get any bonus from your tree.

Ah so just like the other post, at endgame, you just get Armour with more ES. And is Chaos Innoculation a good idea for a new player?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info