Why are poetrade's currency rates dumb AF?

Try to buy Orb X's with your Y's, and it's 4 of yours for 1 of theirs.

Flip it around, try to buy Orb Y's with your X's, and you'd be getting 2 X's for your Y.

Shit is so ass-backwards. I'm always at a disadvantage as the browser. But when I try to become the seller and list my currency with Acquisition, it never displays as a search result. (All my items show just fine, I just can't get currency to show up.)

Why can't this work for me? Ughhhh.

And when I just try to buy from these lopsided sellers, they don't respond anyway.

Zzz.
Last edited by ShadyC on Dec 4, 2016, 12:15:40 PM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2016, 6:37:08 PM
You need to figure out relation between price of divine otb and tabula raasa. After that you will be granted enlighten and you will understand.
(also called "3scour/alch: 1c paradox)

On serious note, I have no general idea either. For all I know, there are guys who has. as. they don't share this ezz, tho.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 4, 2016, 12:19:22 PM
people on Poe Trade are just a bunch of idiots. Give it 2-3 Weeks and the Prices normalize. As usual. Until then just flip Tabulas and Divines and get rich like me last League.. Day 4 i had 600 chaos LUL
Those people are called flippers. They make a lot of currency by working the buy and sell markets since there is always demand for currency trades.

There is no one person to blame for that; it's simply a natural part of unregulated trading systems.
PoE-Trade only monitors trading demand, not actual trading. So if you want to buy something people will likely want to get as much for the item they sell as possible. If you want to sell something people will try to pay you as less as possible.

Consider how you would act yourself, would you want to buy an item for a higher or lower price? And then thing the same situation through when you are selling. And whenever you buy you want to get a low price and when you want to sell you want a high price for exactly the same item. PoE Trade just reflects that demand.
"
Emphasy wrote:
PoE-Trade only monitors trading demand, not actual trading. So if you want to buy something people will likely want to get as much for the item they sell as possible. If you want to sell something people will try to pay you as less as possible.

Consider how you would act yourself, would you want to buy an item for a higher or lower price? And then thing the same situation through when you are selling. And whenever you buy you want to get a low price and when you want to sell you want a high price for exactly the same item. PoE Trade just reflects that demand.

Dingdingdingding we have a winner.

Exalts to Chaos is a good example of the phenomenon because one is always super rare and often in high demand while the other is the opposite.

The have chaos want exalt page might have a bunch of 60:1 rates,

The have exalts want chaos might have a bunch of 80:1 rates.

Wanna guess which listings are getting hits and which are taking up space? In this situation the players with exalts are less much rarer than the players with enough chaos for an exalt. Those with exalts are much better off making a listing for 80 than being one of the few to hit a listing for 60.

In fact, a few times when I would break exalts to Chaos, I would tack on 10% (so in this case 1ex for 88c) knowing of this phenomenon, and would still get a hit within minutes of making the posting.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info