Tri Totem, Double Golem Chieftain Theory Craft [2.5]

Hello,

Just my theory craft that I'll be using as my starting Breach League character. I'm not an extremely experienced player, so any feedback or advice is always welcome! I also don't know how to have pictures of items that I don't personally have yet (such as unreleased items) in the forum post, so I apologize if it looks like a wall of text with no pictures.

The basic idea is 2 fire golems + 3 flame totems. Fire damage nodes on the passive tree (and tons of life+blood magic+life regen) will make sure the flame totems do good base damage. Fire golems will have boosted auras to add damage and provide more damage themselves. Chieftain ascendancy will add alot of fire damage for the totems and golems with the debuff aura and ignite chance/damage, and survivability via endurance charges (will probably have 6 max w/o corrupted belts) and life regen.

I feel like this style of play will feel good with the new breach mechanic because in theory it should cover a large area to kill breach mobs and continue moving at the same time. Also the auto aim mechanics of totems and golems should take out the personal skill requirement, which is good for me =D

The Golems!!!

The 200% increase in Fire Golem damage caught my attention, and I want to do something other than a traditional summoner, so this is what I came up with.

Here are the new jewels for quick reference:
Spoiler

"The Anima Stone
Prismatic Jewel
Limited to: 1
Can Summon up to 1 additional Golem at a time
If you have 3 Primordial Jewels, can summon up to 1 additional Golem at a time"

"Primordial Might
Crimson Jewel
30% increased Damage if you Summoned a Golem in the past 8 seconds
Golems Summoned in the past 8 seconds deal 37% increased Damage
Golems have 20% increased Maximum Life
Your Golems are more aggressive
Primordial"

"Primordial Harmony
Cobalt Jewel
Golem Skills have 23% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
Golems have 15% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
16% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned
Golems regenerate 2% of their Maximum Life per second
Primordial"

"Primordial Eminence
Viridian Jewel
Golems have 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed
30% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your Golems
Golems have +876 to Armour"

So the primordial jewels are pretty cool looking, but I think I'm going to turn my golems into buff monsters by having 3 of the "Primordial Eminence" jewels along with "The Anima Stone". This would be a total of +90% effectiveness of their auras. I will throw in one "Primordial Might" for the aggresive AI and stats it provides. We should easily be able to swing 5 jewel nodes with the passive tree we will be using.

This would mean that the fire golems will have +38% global damage aura at level 20. I'm hoping that their aura plus a few support gems will be sufficient to have them do respectable damage. I'm also hoping their aura will make my totems do more damage.

I don't know if Redblade Band will be in this league (and i'm not sure how to find out) but if it is the fire golem gem will be placed in there instead to make room for more socket options for totems and cast on damage taken setups.

I don't think I'll be investing in any minion damage nodes, I plan on having my totems do most of the damage and the golems are there for trashing white mobs and damage aura. I feel like their damage will still be noticeable due to the fire damage debuff granted by totems because of Chieftain ascendancy, elemental equilibrium, and testing gem setups for alot of AoE damage.

The Totems!!!

There's this new thing:

Spoiler

Tukohama's Fortress
Ebony Tower Shield
Chance to Block: 25%
Armour: 358
DROP DISABLED
Requires Level 61, 159 Str
3% reduced Movement Speed (Hidden)
40% increased Totem Damage
+100 to maximum Life
Blood Magic
Can have up to 1 additional Totem summoned at a time
+300 Armour per active Totem

This shield seems insanely good to me for a chieftain totem build. This will obviously be a core item for me which will allow for a 3rd totem along with 40% increased totem damage, 100 life, and up to 1200-ish armour with 3 totems out.

Damage from the totems will be optimized with by pairing it with controlled destruction, fire penetration, iron will, faster projectiles, and faster casting. I will test other setups such as pierce support gem or chance to ignite.

Also this new helmet will probably see some play by this character:

Spoiler

Voll's Vision
Praetor Crown
Armour: 416
Energy Shield: 63
DROP DISABLED
Requires Level 68, 62 Str, 91 Int
+276 to Armour
+27% to Fire Resistance
+10% to Chaos Resistance
20% increased Light Radius
12% increased maximum Life if you wear no Corrupted items
Regenerate 100 Life per second if you wear no Corrupted items

Ashcaller Wand looks like it will be tested alongside a Clayshaper for my weapon slot until I find a good endgame weapon. Doryani's Scepter also looks pretty enticing. I'm also entertaining the idea of having the new Xoph's unique bow on the switch with a Drillneck for clear speed with the built-in elemental proliferation it has. I have no idea if that would work but if it's inexpensive I'll at least try it out.

Everything else is going to be winged and determined as I play. Again I'm not the most experienced player but I hope to have this be the first league that I actually invest a good amount of my time into. Should also add that I plan on having elemental equilibrium and will proc it with a cast curse on hit flammability attached to a GMP lightning ball. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Here's my planned passive tree at level 76
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAcbYWGM9_MRY9khfPxQg7w5QRxo-fLgpLvGsVw2WbJHOu-3ZYa2Nz352rNIh8kGCB9l8FHEOPN-_20_gwyW8GS4n7QYO1HwJ9sT2r6cczitQDc3-VPObaGXGrjwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-jz0PfLs62AGRLdLsOIV7ZlQnL5BVGjgLYa9saPLwH6IABLNBh_nogsco-pitaHTaYhhWuJMc3I8agpsQzP6HeyD4k5Rvcg9mnljlKhNaK6PyFgt7s7l-xgQD1r1gpqMGww==

Here's the tree at 90, I don't think I'll get much more than 90 but I'm going to try!!!
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAcbYWGM9_MRY9khfPxQg7w5QRxo-fLgpLvGsVw2WbJHOu-3ZYa2Nz352rNIh8kGCB9l8FHEOPN-_20_gwyW8GS4n7QYO1HwJ9sT2r6cczitQDc3-VPObaGXGrjwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-jz0PfLs62AGRLdLsOIV7ZlQnL5BVGjgLYa9saPLwH6IABLNBh_nogsco-pitaHTaYhhWuJMc3I8agpsQzP6HeyD4k5Rvcg9mnljlKhNaK6PyOlK8nxiR_EsUTevupwjYJFZIna4DdZErWHdfBBYLe7O5fsYEA9a9YKajBsM=

Some stats from the tree:
Spoiler

+312 to Strength
+24 to Dexterity
+134 to Intelligence

+156 Life From Strength
0.7% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
8.8% of Life Regenerated per second
228% increased maximum Life
150% increased Armour
+126 to maximum Life
20% chance to get endurance charge from killing a burning enemy

Damage Penetrates 10% Fire Resistance
1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life
1% of Totem Damage Leeched to you as life
15% chance to Ignite
Enemies near your Totems take 16% increased Physical and Fire Damage
5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
10% increased Elemental Damage
125% increased Fire Damage
41% increased Totem Placement speed
16% increased Totem Duration
64% increased Totem Damage
35% increased damage against Burning Enemies
Enemies near your Totems deal 8% less Damage
Spells Cast by Totems have 11% increased Cast Speed
+62.4% Melee Physical Damage From Strength (+Iron Will)

Blood Magic
Elemental Equilibrium
Ancestral Bond
Elemental Overload

Last edited by llllxeallll on Dec 2, 2016, 1:18:56 AM
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 1:07:50 AM
The "Blood Magic" on Tukohama's Fortress means all my skills will be cast from HP? Or just those socketed on the shield?
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
The "Blood Magic" on Tukohama's Fortress means all my skills will be cast from HP? Or just those socketed on the shield?

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure it gives you the Blood Magic node, which will get rid of your mana bar. I assume it works similar to something like Locthonial Caress which has a similar "node giving" effect

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info