Question regarding Attacktotems/Ascendancy points and damage conversion

Hi guys, as the title says.

With the new league just a few hours away the theorycrafting for a fun build to try begins.
I'm planning to use Attack totems + shrapnel shot, with deadeye as ascendry class
www.poeurl.com/R4E

- but I'm unsure if the picked ascendancy nodes (Powerful Precision and Endless Munitions) would apply to the totem executing the attack. Does it or not? The wiki is not really indicating it, unless the ascendry nodes count as a "buff"

"
Totems cast by players use their skills according to the player's stats, including modifiers from charges and buffs (like auras) affecting the player.

The second question I have, is regarding damage conversion - and I'm sorry since this is quite sure a question which comes up a lot but after reading about it, it's still not clear to me.

With this build there are quite a few modifiers affecting damage:

phys damage increase, bow phys damage increase, ele damage increase, ele damage with weapons increase, totem damage increase, projectile damage increase.

In case of shrapnel shot (90% phys damage converted to lightning with support gem, later on an additional 10% with a quiver), I'd assume that after applying the phys damage modifiers the game will then convert 90% of that damage to lightning and then applying the ele modifiers. With this total damage, it will then apply totem damage and projectile damage - which would mean that through the conversion, the ele damage "double dips" through phys scaling - is that correct ? If not please explain or show me a source which explains this further.

Thank you in advance!
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2016, 4:43:56 PM
"
Argath wrote:
- but I'm unsure if the picked ascendancy nodes (Powerful Precision and Endless Munitions) would apply to the totem executing the attack. Does it or not?

Yes, the kind of bonuses that don't apply to totems are ones that require an action on your part (on using a skill) or an item, gem or buff that is located on you (items that use skills, trigger spells, heralds).

There's no double dipping in conversion, after it's done the converted part of your damage just counts as both elements and is affected by both types of bonuses so it doesn't matter if you took a 10% physical or 10% lightning passive with your fully converted shrapnel shot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

Yes, the kind of bonuses that don't apply to totems are ones that require an action on your part (on using a skill) or an item, gem or buff that is located on you (items that use skills, trigger spells, heralds).

Plus on-kill effects, for no discernable reason other than perhaps engine limitations.

It bothers me on a philosophical level that Totems can't explode cursed enemies with Occultist!!!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I see, thank you for clearing that up!
"
Argath wrote:
I see, thank you for clearing that up!

Over-explaining that might un-clear things up
The rule the developers gave us long ago is that "Totems use your offensive stats, but their own defensive stats. Totems are not You."

Based on those facts, you should be able to see why the things raics said doesn't work with Totems, don't work (bonuses when you use a skill won't work when the totem uses it because the totem is not you, and the totem would gain the bonus, but it uses your offensive stats, not its own, so it can't gain offensive buffs).

EDIT:
This is also why I replied what I did about on-kill effects; IMO "explode on killing cursed enemy" is totally an offensive stat so should work, but it doesn't!!! What a bummer.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 1, 2016, 2:36:03 PM
So the "Attack projectiles return to You after hitting a target" part of Powerful Precision will not apply for the totem nor the projectiles will return to my character after linking the spelltotem ?
If wrong again your unclearing was successful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info