Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Hi there, I found that I can't kill fast enough when I meet Breach in maps, so is Carcass Jack works with Fire Nova Mine?
Is anyone else struggling with framerate drops with FNM in 3.0? When detonating the mines my fps drops to single digits while the fire effects are on-screen.

I persevered with it during leveling but lately I've had to switch to Fireball mines using Tremor Rod and rolling flames (well worth a go if have chance to try, same tree and FNM).
"
mrwald0 wrote:
I'm doing my first hero in this game, never played the game before this and never played a game like this before. I'm currently around level 43. I don't have any of your suggested items. Would it be better for me to save up to get a Silk robe that already has 6 sockets or just buy a 4 socket and try to make a 6 socket for the build? The 4 links are in my price range and could buy one now, but the ones that already have 6 sockets would most likely take me like a week to buy as they are going for like 40c on poe.trade.

I would suggest using a tabula rasa, it is a free 6L that only costs 13c -ish-. Just use that until you can afford a 6L silk robe, then sell the Tabula. Tabula's are always easy to sell and tend to stay at a stable price.
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
"
holdat wrote:
Btw, which pantheons are you using and upgrading?

I would go for Brine King (to never get stun locked / freeze locked) and ralakesh (chance to avoid bleeding).

"
veritas1957 wrote:
Hello,

I really like to play with FNM builds and this one is awesome. I just buy enchanment of helmet. What is your next advice for my build? I didn't set up gem set up after purchased but i want to learn what should i do now?

Thanks for build and help :)

I checked your gear.

Weapon: You crafted crit on it. The crit you crafted on it does nothing for you since it's local crit for attacking with the weapon itself. You need "critical strike chance for spells" or "global critical strike chance". Also your weapon has no elemental damage to spells which is quite a boost.

Ring and Belt: Change them for some with more life.

Skill Tree: You went crit but forgot to change to the 3 crit nodes in the beginnging. So get rid of "Elemental Focus"-Skill Tree Node and its 2 neighbour nodes and get the "Assassination"-Node and its 2 neighbour nodes.

Rest of your gear looks really good. Another 30% more damage boost is the 6th link with trap and mine damage :)

"
prayformercy wrote:
A friend and i decided to go into Hardcore mode and the new acts completely blind this season, neither of us saw any of the new content, bosses, etc in beta and wanted to see if we could finish act 10. We just did it man, and the build i went with was your Fire nova mine. Thanks for the amazing build and thanks for the great guides.

That's awesome to hear ! I died quite a few times while leveling with sunder. The new bosses are pretty hard. Respect my friend :)

"
Valmar wrote:
Amazing.

I just also did today, as a HC SSF harbinger, without playing the beta or looking for videos. And I only have a 4L and not covenant, and this crappy weapon:

And the crap gear:

So Build works, I give my thanks again.
Starting maps now!

PS: btw, can daggers or wands work for this build too? Im starting to think about changing.

Grats, great job ! Yes daggers work, but you gotta use whirling blades instead of shield charge. Wands kinda suck since you gimp your movement. I wouldn't use a wand.

"
xiyeareborn wrote:
Hi there, I found that I can't kill fast enough when I meet Breach in maps, so is Carcass Jack works with Fire Nova Mine?

I found FNM especially good for breaches. Please click on your name, go to privacy settings and remove the checkmark from "hide characters tab" , then press save.

Let me know when you have done this and I'll take a look at your character. Also make sure to always use decoy totem when you are in a breach.

I wouldn't go any other chest than the covenant, playing this build on mana is annoying , believe me.

"
Aphorist84 wrote:
Is anyone else struggling with framerate drops with FNM in 3.0? When detonating the mines my fps drops to single digits while the fire effects are on-screen.

I persevered with it during leveling but lately I've had to switch to Fireball mines using Tremor Rod and rolling flames (well worth a go if have chance to try, same tree and FNM).

Are you playing with directx 9? Check your graphics settings, and switch to directx 11 if possible. With directx 11 you have dynamic resolution now, so instead of your framerate dropping, your resolution adapts, which is awesome.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Hi, I am currently 79 lvl and I still have 4L chest, what do you suggest - buy 5L one or start using jewels/fusings to craft 5L? Should I buy/craft the 5L chest or bisco's amulet first? The build is fun to play, but I still have problems with being one shot while fighting with bosses. Thanks for answer.
Why do you take fangs of the viper while leveling? It doesn't seem to do all that much for you does it? or am i missing something with it. the physical and chaos damage don't matter since it's all fire damage from the mines. all you get is dexterity and movement speed both of which you can honestly live without. then you spec out of it later even with the tree that has acrobatics and therefore more evasion rating.
"
venom13244 wrote:
Hi, I am currently 79 lvl and I still have 4L chest, what do you suggest - buy 5L one or start using jewels/fusings to craft 5L? Should I buy/craft the 5L chest or bisco's amulet first? The build is fun to play, but I still have problems with being one shot while fighting with bosses. Thanks for answer.

Took a look at your gear. All your rare items have way too less maximum Life. Try to get 65+ life on ring and amulet , 80 life on shield, gloves and 120+ life on belt.

Most important thing is to get a high level decoy totem ! Use it on cooldown for bosses it takes all the aggro away from you so bosses focus your totem instead of you.

Before getting bisco's focus on fixing your gear and getting a 5l.
If you get a cheap 5l (less than 20c) buy it, else I would try to craft a 6 socket with jeweller orbs and then go for the 5l with fusings. If you get super lucky you get a 6l.

"
IANF1 wrote:
Why do you take fangs of the viper while leveling? It doesn't seem to do all that much for you does it? or am i missing something with it. the physical and chaos damage don't matter since it's all fire damage from the mines. all you get is dexterity and movement speed both of which you can honestly live without. then you spec out of it later even with the tree that has acrobatics and therefore more evasion rating.

Yes, I take the point only for 5% MS and 20 dex, the point is not important at all, so feel free to leave it out if you want to.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 14, 2017, 8:20:14 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:

"
Valmar wrote:
Amazing.

I just also did today, as a HC SSF harbinger, without playing the beta or looking for videos. And I only have a 4L and not covenant, and this crappy weapon:

And the crap gear:

So Build works, I give my thanks again.
Starting maps now!

PS: btw, can daggers or wands work for this build too? Im starting to think about changing.

Grats, great job ! Yes daggers work, but you gotta use whirling blades instead of shield charge. Wands kinda suck since you gimp your movement. I wouldn't use a wand.

Shield charge also works with daggers.
Just making sure if the sceptre was mandatory for something I was not aware of. But if its just because shield charge, thats no problem, it works with dags too. Maybe you can add it to the guide.

Cheers!
IGN: Gonorreitor
"
KikosLive wrote:

"
xiyeareborn wrote:

I found FNM especially good for breaches. Please click on your name, go to privacy settings and remove the checkmark from "hide characters tab" , then press save.

Let me know when you have done this and I'll take a look at your character. Also make sure to always use decoy totem when you are in a breach.

I wouldn't go any other chest than the covenant, playing this build on mana is annoying , believe me.

Just done :-) BTW, I was done some changes on the skill tree to get MoM and just update some gears(Not yet put in vaal clarity).

To me this build has enough burst dmg even just 4L and the only thing I not really like is the AOE not huge enough especially in Breach. I compare it with my friends and found that they can kill more mobs in breach.

Did you try before with Carcass Jack with Inc AOE gem? The dmg definitely lesser than The Covenant, but at least we don't need to drop & detonate mines at nearly melee range, isn't it?
"
KikosLive wrote:

"
IANF1 wrote:

Yes, I take the point only for 5% MS and 20 dex, the point is not important at all, so feel free to leave it out if you want to.

Ok cool. I think i'll leave it out. I don't mind the less movement speed usually. And it will save me a regret later, not that i will care later if the point of this as a leaguestarter goes well, but still nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info