[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Hi,

I've Tested the build really enjoying it.

Since we use blood magic our Energy shield never regens. Isn't it better after we go crit at level 8 for a 4 point investment to take MOM and Eldritch Battery so our es regens inbetween damage rather than only when we're not using traps.

Thanks
"
Ezanne wrote:
I'm trying out a non-crit tri-curse version of the build with enfeeble + temp chains linked to blasphemy and then Flammability on orb of storms. I personally do not mind using Orb of Storms frequently, a lot of trash mobs don't even require me to use it so i don't have to recast Orb of Storms near every pack.

Currently not having any damage issues, but judging by some of the posts in this thread i think my joyride will be cut short at tier 10+ maps, since i'm sitting at only 2.4k avg dmg in hideout. Even reaching level 85 was quite an accomplishment for me and i've never been to maps that high before. Though i am fairly certain that if my build can't clear maps 8 levels below me then i screwed up bad lol

the main reason for going non crit is that you save a lot of skill points as kikos also says in his guide. these points you can spend on better survivability. later on lvl 80+ or even higher you have enough skill points to get the crit nodes and a decent life pool. but it can be a struggle earlier.

non crit pros:

curse on hit + orb of storms + 2 curses free up reservation cost to run another aura or two.
you have more skill points to use as you don't need the crit passives.
cheaper and stronger gear.

crit pros:

generally higher damage but depending on investment into crit. with a 300% multiplier and 50% crit chance you still only deal 1,5 times the normal damage.

compared to if you are non crit and use these two:

elemental overload: 40% more damage
controlled destruction: ~40% more damage

you are suddenly dealing 1,8 times the normal damage with little investment.
but i was too lazy to keep up orb of storms hehehe :)

for es regen issues i used this
and essence surge notable. faster es recharge is also available on normal jewels i believe. but i never bothered with those.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 22, 2017, 4:58:48 PM
Hi sorry for answering so late didn't check this Thread for some time,

"
gunstriken wrote:
Hi thanks for the build :D

i have some questions:

1) would the damage from multiple FNM stack? for example, placing two FNM with interacting areas cause the monster to suffer two times the damage?

2) does FNM increase damage from Herald of fire / ice?

Thanks for the reply :)

1)
Yes, that's why bosses go down really fast cause you spam like a mad man and they get hit by each single nova from each mine.

2)
I heard Heralds interact with Mines in the following way: The mines get the dps boost (i.E. 38–56 Cold damage to spells from a lvl 20 Herald of Ice) but the on kill effects do NOT get triggered.

Herald of Ash is only useful for Physical damage (i.E. EK-Mines) and does nothing for us.

"
ManiiNames wrote:
Q: What about a Tremor Rod? Useful / Not?

It might push dps , but it totally gimps our movement, just like every 2 hand weapon. Also we need the shield for more survivability.

"
Hi,

I've Tested the build really enjoying it.

Since we use blood magic our Energy shield never regens. Isn't it better after we go crit at level 8 for a 4 point investment to take MOM and Eldritch Battery so our es regens inbetween damage rather than only when we're not using traps.

Thanks

We can't really spare any more points, unfortunately. I would just keep using vaal clarity,with inc duration it can be up 90% of the time and your ES regen doesn't get interrupted anymore.

"
kompaniet wrote:

elemental overload: 40% more damage
controlled destruction: ~40% more damage

you are suddenly dealing 1,8 times the normal damage with little investment.
but i was too lazy to keep up orb of storms hehehe :)

for es regen issues i used this
and essence surge notable. faster es recharge is also available on normal jewels i believe. but i never bothered with those.

I made the experience that keeping up EO is pretty hard. Didn't test it with Orb of Storms though. But tbh I felt the build deals way more damage going the crit route instead.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Hi,

I just view your video, as I am testing this nice build, and I wonder one thing :
you're saying that the 3 life-regen nodes have also damage over time buffs that can boost a little bit our damage. But I wonder what damage over time do we have for now ? The covenant add flat chaos damage, but it is not a DOT, is it ? And it seems that the elem focus support removes any elemental ailment.
Maybe the answer is trivial, but I'm still quite new to POE, so... ;-)

By the way, I am also testing this belt and finding it nice, because I am at least 50% phasing
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ascent_From_Flesh
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 24, 2017, 9:00:52 AM
"
Hi,

I just view your video, as I am testing this nice build, and I wonder one thing :
you're saying that the 3 life-regen nodes have also damage over time buffs that can boost a little bit our damage. But I wonder what damage over time do we have for now ? The covenant add flat chaos damage, but it is not a DOT, is it ? And it seems that the elem focus support removes any elemental ailment.
Maybe the answer is trivial, but I'm still quite new to POE, so... ;-)

By the way, I am also testing this belt and finding it nice, because I am at least 50% phasing
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ascent_From_Flesh

Nah , you are right, the 3 points are pretty useless overall. I skipped them when I played this build this league. The dot dmg doesnt do anything for us and the 2% regen is not worth 3 points.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
"
KikosLive wrote:
Nah , you are right, the 3 points are pretty useless overall. I skipped them when I played this build this league. The dot dmg doesnt do anything for us and the 2% regen is not worth 3 points.

Ok thx. When i'll start mapping, I'll try to remove those 3 points and find regen somewhere else.
For leveling, I found this nice shield that boosts our 2 curses and also the blasphemy gem :
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chalice_of_Horrors
Several questions for you, as I have a lot of fun with this build, but want to improve :

1 -
in order to have an idea, with the current gear you have on your profile, what is your DPS in tooltip ?

2 -
do you think the "incr elemental damage" on the sceptre has an influence ?
only the "spell" parts of the datas are relevant, no ?
ie. "incr spell dam", "incr fire dam", "add fire to spell" ?

3 -
is cast speed really useful for mines ? Once I detonate all my mines, they explodes very rapidly, so I wonder if it is very useful that they gain a few 0.1s less in their cadenza ? The mobs are around here anyway... The most important thing seems to me the layering speed (which is a different data), and which allows to put more mines on the ground in 1 minute (and detonate them). The DPS is the number of mines you can explode by minute. Because I noted that I can start laying mines while the previous ones are detonating.
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 26, 2017, 7:11:37 PM
"
Several questions for you, as I have a lot of fun with this build, but want to improve :

1 -
in order to have an idea, with the current gear you have on your profile, what is your DPS in tooltip ?

2 -
do you think the "incr elemental damage" on the sceptre has an influence ?
only the "spell" parts of the datas are relevant, no ?
ie. "incr spell dam", "incr fire dam", "add fire to spell" ?

3 -
is cast speed really useful for mines ? Once I detonate all my mines, they explodes very rapidly, so I wonder if it is very useful that they gain a few 0.1s less in their cadenza ? The mobs are around here anyway... The most important thing seems to me the layering speed (which is a different data), and which allows to put more mines on the ground in 1 minute (and detonate them). The DPS is the number of mines you can explode by minute. Because I noted that I can start laying mines while the previous ones are detonating.

1)

I don't have a FNM right now. But when I died I had around 2.6k I think. But my gear was far from good. No 6l etc.

2)

if you mean the implicit ele dmg, yes it helps, if you mean something like 14-28 fire damage it doesn't do anything for you as long as it is not "to spells"

3)
cast speed works for fnm but I never really aimed for it, I just looked at it as a nice bonus , you are right mine laying speed is way more important, but it also helps if the gap between single explosions is shorter. For looting, since you have less distance to back track and for yellow mobs / bosses , sometimes you just need that split second for a mob to die earlier to not die.
1) i see a Kikos FNM in standard league in your profile : isn't it the char we are talking about ?

2) ok, for the implit %elem, I thought it was only concerning an increase of the weapon's own flat elem damage .

3) ok for cat speed, i understand the little bonus, but nothing major then.

Anyway tx again for this build, I have fun with it. You can check my char if you have 1 min :
he is called Shadminaax.
Last edited by AaxFamily on Apr 27, 2017, 2:25:51 PM
"
1) i see a Kikos FNM in standard league in your profile : isn't it the char we are talking about ?

2) ok, for the implit %elem, I thought it was only concerning an increase of the weapon's own flat elem damage .

3) ok for cat speed, i understand the little bonus, but nothing major then.

Anyway tx again for this build, I have fun with it. You can check my char if you have 1 min :
he is called Shadminaax.

Yeah checked your char , looking really good!
Last edited by KikosLive on Apr 29, 2017, 2:53:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info