[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

The planners are updated to the newest skill tree and by what i could see so far, there is no change on the path of passives on the build. So i don't think it will need any major change at all to fit the 2.6 patch, other than the suggested dropping Eldritch Battery and Zealoth's Oath.
Hi I plan to start legacy league with this build.
You said that the helm enchant for FNM makes quite a difference. How big is the difference?
Will it affect a lot during map runs? I looked up for helm with that enchantment and they were expensive.
"
Hi I plan to start legacy league with this build.
You said that the helm enchant for FNM makes quite a difference. How big is the difference?
Will it affect a lot during map runs? I looked up for helm with that enchantment and they were expensive.

You can clear maps also very efficiently without this enchantment. But I am not gonna lie, it makes quite a difference and the build feels way better with 2 extra novas. Also the waves of FNM deal more and more damage with each tick. But I got that upgrade very late myself and still was very pleased with the build.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I AM UPLOADING AN UPDATE VIDEO WITH EVERYTHING YOU GUYS NEED TO KNOW FOR THIS LEAGUE WHEN PLAYING FNM- SHOULD BE UP IN 3-4 HOURS. SO ROUND ABOUT WHEN THE POE COUNTDOWN SAYS 1Day 3 Hours.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
So are the passive tree changing in 2.6? I doubt so right?
"
invoker232 wrote:
So are the passive tree changing in 2.6? I doubt so right?

It is changing.

--------------
We will get rid of vaal clarity as well so an Enduring Cry in there would've been good ? What about spending points in Combat Stamina? :D
UPDATE: New Video is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXxfad9rtFQ

The build will change quite drastically as soon as you get your covenant chest. The build will get way stronger than ever before. I go over the skill trees and explain everything. Sorry for the video length.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Just finished watching your vid. I was also thinking about going regular FNM then switching to crit at endgame and have been working on my own tree which i will link below along with a few thoughts.

1. Since we are swapping to crit endgame.......convince me why we would go saboteur at all ne more, seems to me assassin is just better.

2. Since we are going crit another item to look out for will be legacy facebreakers, im not 100% sure but i think we should be able to get the 90% crit multi facebreakers this league.

3. My tree: www.poeurl.com/58y That is an assassin tree* i was pondering(not optimised yet), we get 6 power charges, i was messing around in Path of Building and was finding that with 6 powercharges as assassin i was able to get pretty close to crit cap on my Nova and very high multi with only middle of the road crit items outside of the facebreakers.

Additionally i was finding that once you get yourself towards endgame gear u can swap from inc crit strikes back to the controlled Destruction gem without dropping too far from the crit cap giving u a massive endgame damage boost.

Thanks for the updated guide and i would love to hear your thoughts most specifically on point 1 about sin vs sabo

*On my tree past lvl 85 you can pick up a jewel socket every 2 lvls 4 times so that would round out the build into the 90s
How is Singularity for this build as the main weapon? Would the hinder aura bonus damage be beneficial at all?
"
DeuceDragon wrote:
Just finished watching your vid. I was also thinking about going regular FNM then switching to crit at endgame and have been working on my own tree which i will link below along with a few thoughts.

1. Since we are swapping to crit endgame.......convince me why we would go saboteur at all ne more, seems to me assassin is just better.

2. Since we are going crit another item to look out for will be legacy facebreakers, im not 100% sure but i think we should be able to get the 90% crit multi facebreakers this league.

3. My tree: www.poeurl.com/58y That is an assassin tree* i was pondering(not optimised yet), we get 6 power charges, i was messing around in Path of Building and was finding that with 6 powercharges as assassin i was able to get pretty close to crit cap on my Nova and very high multi with only middle of the road crit items outside of the facebreakers.

Additionally i was finding that once you get yourself towards endgame gear u can swap from inc crit strikes back to the controlled Destruction gem without dropping too far from the crit cap giving u a massive endgame damage boost.

Thanks for the updated guide and i would love to hear your thoughts most specifically on point 1 about sin vs sabo

*On my tree past lvl 85 you can pick up a jewel socket every 2 lvls 4 times so that would round out the build into the 90s

Hey thanks for your post. I really like your build and I can totally understand why people go Assassin. I guess, if you really want to do Shaper, you should actually switch to Assassin since you need the extra power. And as you said, you can even bring Controlled Destruction back in at some point. So damage wise I am totally on your side. Now the reason I chose Sabo is the quality of life it brings. I just can't imagine to play Mines without Mine Arming Speed anymore, as soon as you skill into it you will feel a huge difference. FNM feels so much better when you get those points. A nice bonus is the increased AoE you get for each mine. But yes, in the end it's just a matter of what you prefer. Logically you are totally right, your build does more damage , but as long as I dont do Shaper or Uber Atziri, I know the damage will be sufficient for everything, so I pref the utility.

"
azrol wrote:
How is Singularity for this build as the main weapon? Would the hinder aura bonus damage be beneficial at all?

I want to be honest. I never tested the hinder mechanic. But I read up on it and it does stack with temporal chains, which sounds pretty awesome. Yes, the hinder bonus would benefit the build and the weapon is not bad at all since it also has some cast speed and flat ele damage to spells.
I think this weapon is worth trying out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 2, 2017, 2:31:52 PM
"
I want to be honest. I never tested the hinder mechanic. But I read up on it and it does stack with temporal chains, which sounds pretty awesome. Yes, the hinder bonus would benefit the build and the weapon is not bad at all since it also has some cast speed and flat ele damage to spells.
I think this weapon is worth trying out. Thanks for the suggestion.

I honestly suck at understanding crafting and how to judge rares so I like having a nice solid unique to use. It looked like it might be a good sub if you don't want to go hard on crafting and it looks like it'll be pretty cheap so it'll be a cheap pick up to boost the build in the early end game. I'm definitely playing this for the first time this season as my starter build so having a cheap viable unique to aim for is great.

Also would it maybe be viable to look into another curse instead of temp chains if running Singularity? I know it doesn't have the attack speed slow but I don't see stacking move speed slows as a huge benefit. Perhaps flammability would be a good sub for temp chains in lower tier maps? Increases clear speed at the cost of the attack speed slow? Could also look into assassins mark?
Last edited by azrol on Mar 2, 2017, 2:41:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info