[2.5] Cyclone - Reference to a friend! Move along!

Raider Dual Wield Cycloner

Raider
* We picked raider because of the recent buffs, honestly. I already thought Raider felt like a lot of fun to play, yet probably was a tiny bit underwhelming.
* Decided overall defenses were high enough to not pick the phasing passives. Decided to scale damage from Ascendancy.
* With the recent buffs to Raider, we're getting 100% IAS, 70% damage, 20% MS, 30% Evasion & 20 MORE chance to Evade.

Overall I think Raider looks pretty good for Breach, let's see if it gets some attention. After all, double dipping is still a thing, and will probably still dominate.

SkillTree
* With the improvement to the weapon range, I didn't feel the need to travel all around the tree & pick up area nodes. As this guide was initially made for a buddy, and he insisted on playing dualwield,
going the standard Disfavor to Templar tree for AOE wasn't really a thing.
* We tried really hard stacking life, so eventually, if ever, you get hit, we don't want you to instantly die. Pushing more % onto your jewels is not necessary I felt like. This was also done taken into consideration that for a new player,
like mentioned buddy, accumulating currency to get % on jewels & minmaxxing like this, would be rather hard.
* Rest of the tree is just the standard. Attackspeed, Phys Damage, Phys while DW and obviously a lot of Frenzycharges as this is going to be what scales our damage.

Defences
* Fortify
* The tree picks up Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics and tries to build around those.
You shall have to use an Alchemist's Quartz Flask of Reflexes. If you play correctly, this flask should almost always be up (If you're a slowpoke, you could always stack a second one as this is a core form of your survivability).
Our tree together with this specific Quartz Flask and Darkray Vectors, which is a unique we'll use, would net us a total of 70/42 Dodge / Spelldodge.
(Endgame this could go up to either 74/42, 52/42 or 56/42 depending on how tanky this build will feel in it's current state)

* Layered on top of your Dodge, which is a flat amount of not taking damage (read : 70% of all attack based things that try to hit you will mis, and 42 of all spellcasts will also miss), we're using Evasion gear.
With decent gearpieces, grace & a Jade you would get up to 38K evasion. Without the flask, you would still be getting approx 22K. These numbers are assuming you keep your Quartz of Reflexes up.
If you get anywhere around these numbers, on top of the dodge you already have, you will have about 80% evasion in high tier content.

// Evasion explanation //

While dodge is a flat number, Evasion is a scaling number. The tooltip you see while change f.e. as you level. This is because the game calculates the enemies' accuracy if they're trying to hit you.
Basically, the number you see in your defences screen is the percentage evade you would have if you were fighting monsters of the same level as your characters. The number of 80% I put in the defences part relates to level 81 content.

Back to defence, so, 8/10 attacks should probably miss us. (and more with max EV stacking Jade, Reflexes, Grace, Flat EV)
However, when an attack hits us, there is a 7/10 chance that it will still not hit us because of dodge. For attacks, this means we have an overall 94% chance not to get hit by attacks.
For spells however, we rely completely on our dodge.

As a last form of defence, we're using Arctic Armour. This, basically because it feels fun to use, leaves chill, and gives flat phys reduction. Also, we had 25% mana to spare! :-)

All in all, having 4500 life, unless we get really unlucky, I think this build does well at surviving. There's extra mitigation on top of this if we want through the form of flasks (Taste of Hate, Basalt, Granites, Elemental Resist, AA, ..)

Sought Gear

Basically every item is a fill up as you wish thing but I will give you my BiS idea.

Boots
Darkray Vectors - +1 Frenzy charge, Dodge per Frenzy (We have 9, or 10), a whopping 45% movement speed, need I say more? It even comes with 1 okay resistroll.
Since this is probably one of your cheaper slots, I recommend getting as much Lightning Resist as possible. The more you get here, the less stress there'll be on your other items.

Eventually, lategame, I am thinking about swapping them out to Atziri's Steps. I think there is an argument to be made that with the right flask setup, AA gemlevel, etc. Spell Dodge overtakes importance over the extra attackdodge.

Regardless of whether you use Atziri Steps or Darkray Vectors, you want to hit the +1 Frenzy Corrupt. This gives us more scaling from just the Frenzy, aswell as Darkrays & Upcoming other slots!

Gloves
Snakebite - 20% ias , 60% accuracy, life/ev .. and poison? Yes, please. :)
There's not really a lot to say here, this is just your easy best in slot pair of gloves. In the scenario where they are expensive (which I can't recall them ever have been), go for IAS + Life & Resist gloves (Respect the fact that you want EV on your pieces though!)

Belt
Rustic Sash, ideally. If too expensive, feel free to pick up a Leather. Life, resists mainly. WED doesn't really do much. If you have the money to splash, reduced flask charged used is never a bad stat to have on a belt.

Chestpiece
Queen of the Forest. This gives us roughly 40% movementspeed, up to 25K evasion and an ok amount of life and resists. Hard to say no. This chest also should be used more as it comes from an age where we all HATED devo's and the designer of this unique deserves more credit becaues of it =D.
(You could eventually go Hyrri's Ire, but I'm not sure if it is worth)

Helmet
Just a rare, wellrolled Life>Evasion>Resists helmet. No need for anything fancy. Get a decent Lion Pelt or something. Make sure it has 85+ life & 400+ EV. Slap a couple of shitty resists on him and we're gucci!

Rings
Basically, unless you just mirrored a perfect trires rustic, and a perfect EV/LIFE triple res helmet, this is where we get all of our resists. In my estimations I assumed both of our rings would have 120% resist each. This is not an insane amount, however, if you want a useful implicit on top of this, it starts being pretty sick.
Probably, besides the 6L, and maybe a weapon, this will probably be our most expensive pieces =D. So basically, Life>120%Res always. Diamond base>Steel Base>Coral Base. Try to have an open prefix for phys damage to attacsk from Elreon.

Amulet
Well, this is where you wanna get your last bit of damage. If you have an allright belt, wellrolled darkray's and 2 well rolled rings, you shouldn't probably need to get a resist roll on these. What you do want is Tier 1 flat phys, and good life. Extra things you can get are global crit strike, and multi. But we're just scaling crit on a pretty low priority so that's actually not a biggie.
Percent Evasion is not a terrible stat either.
* Feel free to try Daresso's Salute. It's far from bad for the build, and leaves less stress on your rings.

Weapons
Soul Taker in your offhand (Or use Blood Magic Support + Drop Arctic Armour before you have one), high pdps, high attackspeed foil (pref with Increased Critical Strike chance on it). You wanna aim for 280pdps (as a starter weapon at level 70 orso, end game higher = better :)) and then up the attackspeed tho the highest amount you can afford.

GemLinks

6L Cyclone - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Increased Area Of Effect - Melee Damage on Full Life (test) - Fortify
3L CwDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
3L Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify (When no 6L but Soultaker) otherwise
3L Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic (When 6L but no Soultaker) otherwise
4L Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Fortify (When neither)
Sockets for Artic Armour, Grace & Herald Of Ash
Sockets for Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, Lightning Golem (Or Ice Golem, preference)
If you can free up a 4L
Ancestral Warchief - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire - Melee Damage on Full Life for Single Target.

Flasks
Seething Divine of Heat
Alchemist's Quartz of Reflexes
Alchemist's Quicksilver of Adrenaline
Taste of Hate or a Basalt of Heat
Atziri's Promise / Silver of Heat / Granite
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2016, 4:34:53 PM
"
Snakebite - 20% ias , 60% accuracy, life/ev .. and poison? Yes, please. :)

8 frenzy charges? 80% reduced charge duration? No, please. :(
Could we get a passive tree, interested in playing some thing like this in breach
Tree?
Snakebites+Darkrays is a no go because 150% reduced frenzy charges would be miserable. Also I do not think QotF would be good with this build. Your already going to have absurd movement speed with onslaught+Darkray+passive that it just seems like overkill.

Maligaros/Rare+Cospri+Darkrays would be my choice for Gloves/Chest/Boots. This would allow you to run a combination of temp chain(gloves) and Vulnerability (witchfire) as the optimal set up. However you could run Blasphemy/Temp chains instead of arctic armor before you can get a pair of gloves with the corruption.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info