[Theorycrafting] 2.5 Necromancer SR + CwC + SRS = Unleashing Hell!

Hello!

After checking several builds and trying to learn as much as possible, finally I decided what to play in the Breach League: Scourching Ray + Cast While Channelling + Summon Raging Spirit.

Please, I don't care if it is not a meta build, the fastest clearing maps, etc. I find both really fun and this is what I want to play so the whole point is about how to make it possible in the best way.

I'm not an expert and it is actually my first time creating a build so please be nice!

Synergies

+ Ascendancy: Necromancer, so I would be using 'The Scourge'. Every minion damage stat will increase the damage for both SRS and SR.

+ Scourching ray will apply a fire damage debuff that increases the damage done by SRS.

+ Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit for Flammability and Elemental Weakness also triggering Elemental Equilibrium increasing damage for both SRS and SR.

+ Necromancer's duration nodes will apply for both SRS and SR.

+ Cast speed is very important for SR but useless for a not self-casting SRS summoner so here comes a very interesting thing: Thanks to Spirit Eater and Commander of Darkness I'm obtaining Casting Speed and Increased damage for SRS and SR at the same time so I don't have to invest too heavily in Casting Speed. Also, Flesh Offering, more Cast Speed for SR and Attack Speed for the SRS.

Passive Skill Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuDR8N4g5ID6sRLREvEVARlhJpE20UCRUnFr8XHBcvGGoZihpsGo8bJRzcHRQdviL0JIsksCaIKPorCiycL28zhzW5PChBh0ZxSI5JsUuuTm1Sr1RHVdZYB13yZOdn_GvbbAttGXC7cXl2gngve9d8g3zlfRh_xoCkgseExYw2jLGPGo9GkyeYrZuKm6GbtZwynL6drp7EoS-lxKa-pwinK61KsHe0DLTRtUi3MLiTvk--isHFwzrIDMrT04_Xz9kT2VvfiukC62Pr7uwY7IPsiu-I9tr3wffX-Tf56PrS-wk=

Gear

Main hand: The Scourge as mentioned before

Chest: Shavronne's wrappings for Low Life (30% more spell damage to SR and even more auras)

Shield: Victario's Charity will grant me charges through the minions which is great because Power will increase my crit for triggering Elemental Overload and Frenzy Charges for more damage and Cast speed

Helm: Alpha's Howl that helps with the auras and freeze inmunity.

Boots: Just ES, resistances, speed, etc.

Gauntlets: Similar to boots but crafted minion damage.

Belt: Crystal Belt with elemental damage, resistances, etc.

Rings: just more ES, cast speed, mana regen, resistance, etc.

Amulet: eye of chayula for the stun inmunity.

Skill Gems

Chest:

SR + CwC + SRS + Elemental Focus + Empower + Enlighten.

Main hand: WB - FA - Fortify.

Auras:Considering a total of 38% less mana reserved, using alpha's howl.

Helm: Haste + Purity of Fire + Purity of Lightning + Enlighten.

Shield: Blood Magic + Vitality + Purity of Ice.

Gloves: Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Flammability + Elemental Weakness.

Boots: Desecrate + Flesh Offering + Clarity Lv 1 + Stone Golem

Questions

+ Just to be sure: Elemental Focus should work with SRS, right? It is one of the few support gems that would help to increase the damage for both SRS and SR at the same time.

+ Defensively, seems to be very fragile. It would be mostly ES maybe around 5k with fortify + regen + Purities as additional features. Do you recommend to invest more in ES or any other defensive measure?

+ Can someone help me to calculate the maximum DPS of SR and SRS dealing damage to the enemy at the same time? Including curses with their increased effectiveness, elemental overload, elemental equilibrium, etc.

+ Am I missing something? lol.

If you took your time to read everything, thank you very much! Please, feel free to comment anything about how to improve this, you will be helping me a lot!
Last edited by Lazael666 on Nov 30, 2016, 9:08:53 PM
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017, 10:16:26 AM
Good luck with your build, I hope that it will work and that you'll find it enjoyable to play!

A few things i thought about looking through your build.

Running Scorching Ray you really want to spec Elemental Overload. This since SR can't crit by it self, but the 40% more elemental dmg buff you get when Elemental Overload is procced by Orb of Storms is huge.

As you already will be low on ES due to Shav's, Charity, and Alpha's (you maybe can replace it with Heretic's veil?), you should pick up more ES from the tree as well. A quick edit on your tree gave me: This skill tree. You could try to play with Mind over Matter, but I'd probably skip it, unless you feel that you really have enough mana for it.

You should also think about dropping one of the purities in favour for Discipline, which will be a huge improvement to your ES pool.

You should also be aware that the Trigger While Channeling support has a cooldown of ~0.75s (I think it was 0.75s at least), giving you 11-12 spirits up at the same time with +75% duration from the tree and ascendancy.

edit:
As for your question about Elemental Focus. Yes it works with SRS. Yet you have to be aware of that only 50% of the spirit's base damage is converted into fire damage. So unless you run hatred, or in some other way increase the elemental damage your spirits does, it will not boost their damage that much.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Last edited by Tahreyn on Nov 30, 2016, 10:30:34 AM
Hello, thank you for your answer!

Yes, definitely I'm running Elemental Overload procced by OoS. Now that I'm thinking about it, does it apply to SRS too? It's elemental damage.

The problem with Heretic's Veil is that it forces me to run the curses with blasphemy and that will take a lot of my mana which should be used for auras, what about The Vertex? Only +1 but a lot more of ES and Chaos Resistance.

Should I drop Purity of Ice? I agree with Discipline being much more useful.

There was a picture in Reddit of the support gem CwC and at higher levels the cooldown was reduced to 0.56s, since I'm going to use Empower, it should be even a bit less. Let's say that it can go down to 0.50s, how many spirits can I have at the same time?

And regarding to elemental focus, yes, it would work with 50% effectiveness, for a while I was considering to use Chernobog's Pillar to increase the damage conversion to fire but victario's charity is too good. I mean, the whole idea of the build is: SR doing most of the damage and the SRS helping doing a bit more of damage but not the whole source of my damage and using Chernobog's means that I'm focused in the minions instead.

What about increased duration support? It works with both SR and SRS but will it give more DPS at least in Boss Fights than the Elemental Focus gem?
Just want to throw in my 2 cents on the matter. The Scourge will be T0 (the most expensive items) of this league. Everyone wants to use it after mathil did yolo shaper. Like half of the guild wants to build something around that item. The item will be flipped like hell. The ideea is not bad ... it might work ... just think of ways of doing the build without it or you are a hardcore farmer to afford it.
Last edited by painguard on Dec 2, 2016, 11:36:02 AM
Why do you have Enlighten in your SR links?
Why not reduced Reduced Mana Support?
Cast While Channeling has 0.35 cast time on lv20!
i r8 8/8 m8
Sorry if i'm necroing, but how did you get on with this build?

As there are cast limitation (i.e. I think I saw that you would have 12 in the air at once), did you think about supplementing this with animate weapon.

Did you manage to get yourself a scourge yet?

Thinking about a new build myself and was wondering if a CWC + summoning spells would be worthwhile.

Flurry w/ Scourge and SRS/animate was my idea, with poison / chaos or wither etc.

Thanks
Andy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info