[2.5] WIP Melee Raider, Sweep or Cyclone build idea.

So I was in the middle of leveling and testing my Sweep version of this when the new raider buff came out. I was planning it for maybe my 2nd build after I get some currency. Now i kinda want to just start it. I was also wanting to do a cyclone build to start. So maybe combine the 2?

What do you all think?

This is the CI version as im really a big fan of CI.

This is the non CI version.

Haven't completely decided on gear yet. Originally I wanted to use
Hegemony's Era Judgement Staff for my sweep build but now i guess im back to looking for what might fit. thanks for and pointers.
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2016, 11:41:57 AM
You don't need Essence Surge - you're melee, you'll always be hit.
You don't need +Shield def nodes (if you are planning use 2h weapon, and Hegemony Era usually used for CRIT builds btw).
If you're going CI, you'll have not so much armor/evasion on gear, so you waste a lot of points on the tree.
Very very few %ES from the tree.
I don't see any mana leech on the tree, how you planning to sustain you mana?
Method to the Madness - why? You damage is physical, not chaos. Even if you'll use poison gem, phys damage scaling will be much more better.
You missed one Frenzy charge in the Shadow area.
"
Dakkar890 wrote:
You don't need +Shield def nodes (if you are planning use 2h weapon, and Hegemony Era usually used for CRIT builds btw).
If you're going CI, you'll have not so much armor/evasion on gear, so you waste a lot of points on the tree.
Method to the Madness - why? You damage is physical, not chaos. Even if you'll use poison gem, phys damage scaling will be much more better.

Good point on Essence Surge. I was taking the shield node cause i was thinking of going 1h and shield. I do know that about Hegemony Era, i was originally looking at making a crit Raider. Only put it as the last weapon i was thinking about for the build.

Yea, usually I would focus 100% on say ES but i really liked what kripparrian was talking about going for more balance. I mean why is there ES and Armor armor in the game? Ill probly go back and drop the armor nodes, but that was just where my mind was.

most of my builds have done fine with Warlords Mark so seldom do i even look at leech nodes. Admittedly i havent played melee in a while.

again im so used to grabbing those chaos nodes to boost chaos damage. are you saying that physical will be more than enough to scale poison and stuff?
"
safety2nd wrote:
"
Dakkar890 wrote:

Yea, usually I would focus 100% on say ES but i really liked what kripparrian was talking about going for more balance. I mean why is there ES and Armor armor in the game? Ill probly go back and drop the armor nodes, but that was just where my mind was.

most of my builds have done fine with Warlords Mark so seldom do i even look at leech nodes. Admittedly i havent played melee in a while.

again im so used to grabbing those chaos nodes to boost chaos damage. are you saying that physical will be more than enough to scale poison and stuff?

With lack of %ES nodes you can be easely oneshoted by many bosses, not all of them have pure phys hits. Especially it's will be dangerous on maps with +elem damage mods.
Hexproof maps will be annoying with Warlords Mark leech. Just take couple of hybrid life/mana leech nodes from the Duelist area.
Chaos damage will boost only poison damage, physical damage will boost initial hit, and poison damage as the result. If you'll grab phys+chaos nodes from the Shadow starting point, it'll give you huge DPS boost.
"
Dakkar890 wrote:

update to non CI version

"
Dakkar890 wrote:

Update CI version

Hey guys,

take a look at my attempt for a full life based Raider/Cyclone build.

Any thoughts?

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAPUSIwB4m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73r2oxUgLYMZtL6nZU29Nkd-hNl9df667g6plIdqeHqpJ4Tv2sF07QUtLlPTb0MxwzNaGqOK-WOUuHsUlcztP1T-veYj9k2SQKBeEyFV3D0HdcCmLPuKIicg705hUsVT3DJIeAU8k6iKs1dUAdx346lueWjBBF8_FCDvDlBH5FGXeQmWOQ7AGngNtfJvOzWS2L3-CvJFOuH-j03jplcaPvIvPs9RR42_BbXC7LTFDPKly2KsbIxVhTY9bWy1SNRChG91_Ra_JpVh4jGeIWB08SmlLIUXJnqE0K1B0F9wg208vtjVAAAAAAA=

Regarding items, I think i would go for

Devotos
Disfavour/Starforge
Kaoms Heart/Cherrubims
If Cherrubims --> Mings
Voidheart
Snakebite maybe

Rest Rares

Last edited by KillMcKenzy on Nov 30, 2016, 6:32:25 AM
"
safety2nd wrote:
"
Dakkar890 wrote:

Update CI version

What do you think about mine? I think one mana leech should be enough but I'm not sure.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQFvAtAFtQceCC4OSBB7EQ8RGhEvEVARlhLxFSAV1xa_FyYZtBslHU8hYCLqIvQqOCsKLIUsvy1NLYMuUy9yNbk7DT1fPs9AoEHQQzFJUUmxS65Ms0z_UUdSU1T-VmNXVFoaXGtd8l4TX2phUmqMapNrkGwLbRltbHNrdK51_Xh6eoR_xoRIhG-ExYTZhO-GrodqirOLeo2_j_qQbJMnk6iVLpeVl_SbjZu1oS-i2aOKpyupJ6mUrJiw2LVIvea-Or6KvqfDM8M6w23IFNAf0K3Q0NNv037UQtZY18_ZW9rB2xrbVeL353To1ukC62PsGO4O707veu-I7-vw1fVv9qP31_k3-WM=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info