@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

I'll be writing PMs to Rory and probably Mark too tomorrow. I'll post when I send them and what I say.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
afternoon bump
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
Again - Remove cd and\or make able to use multiple skills at the same time like it was

This is the only thing which gavel need
Last edited by lord_toshin3 on Dec 8, 2016, 10:51:28 AM
bump
"
Again - Remove cd and\or make able to use multiple skills at the same time like it was

This is the only thing which gavel need

Using multiple skills with the same cd of 250ms won't change a thing, removing cd will make the mjölner too good again. If they just revert to the old 100ms cd, that would be ideal.
Also, they could give the mjolner a 60% more damage multiplier, buff to 250hp per charge the kingsguard regen, but i suspect it won't be enough anyway.

Meanwhile, i'm also still waiting for a ggg response...
"
You're all complaining about the Mjolner nerf; but it isnt really that bad... Sure the DPS is slightly lower, but in all honesty, it was far too OP as it stands

This is all just false.

1) Mjolner is slow at clearing T10 maps in a DPS focused setup (low life) even if you dual wield it to try to mitigate the effects of the nerf. It's not an end game viable build anymore because it has so little DPS. 10 minute map clear speeds sound good to you? Because they definitely don't to me.

2) Mjolner was a T2 build offensively in 2.4... It couldn't touch what T1 builds could do, and it required much more investment typically. There was no need for an offensive nerf.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
You're all complaining about the Mjolner nerf; but it isnt really that bad.
Sure you need to adapt your build slightly, but if you maximize charges and use it in unison with Fortify + Arctic armour it still retains its survivability. Sure the DPS is slightly lower, but in all honesty, it was far too OP as it stands.

I run a 5k life 50% Phys reduction Juggernaut with 11 endurances, after some slight adjustments ...mainly reducing the attack speed, dropping RT and going crit based with EO and using the passives gained from dropping attack speed to boost accuracy and life... it survives just as well as it did before the nerf.

Damage slightly lower? Mjolner recieve 60% less damade nerf and how about LL mjolner builds or life based not juggernaut builds how should they survive. I play LL VP Mjolner with 5 Power and 4 Endurance charges and i have really problems to do t10+ maps. With low proc rate and damage you have low leech and leeching is only way to survive vor LL builds.

PS: BUMP for Justice unnerf Mjolner!!!
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Dec 8, 2016, 4:49:25 PM
"
zSavage wrote:
I'll be writing PMs to Rory and probably Mark too tomorrow. I'll post when I send them and what I say.

-Savage

Have you any luck to contacting Rory?
"
You're all complaining about the Mjolner nerf; but it isnt really that bad.
Sure you need to adapt your build slightly, but if you maximize charges and use it in unison with Fortify + Arctic armour it still retains its survivability. Sure the DPS is slightly lower, but in all honesty, it was far too OP as it stands.

I run a 5k life 50% Phys reduction Juggernaut with 11 endurances, after some slight adjustments ...mainly reducing the attack speed, dropping RT and going crit based with EO and using the passives gained from dropping attack speed to boost accuracy and life... it survives just as well as it did before the nerf.

If your build seems the same after the change, you weren't really reaching the full potential.

The max single target DPS is 40% of what it was in the last patch. And healing from Kingsguard (if using Voll's Devotion) is also 40% of what it was in 2.4.

I wonder what content you're running if you say it survives just as well with 60% less DPS and 60% less sustain.

@Evander
It would actually need 150% more damage to reach the same dps level as before.
Old: 10 triggers/s x y dmg/spell = 10y dps
New: 4 triggers/s x y dmg/spell = 4y dps
old/new = 2.5 = 150% more damage needed

I'm working on the PM content atm, guys.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Here's the content of the message I sent (to Rory and Mark)

"
zSavage wrote:
Hey guys,

As you know, the internal CD of Mjolner in patch 2.5 was changed from 0.1s to 0.25s. There's a large number of players (myself included) who are confused about why this change was made. (There's over 100 posts of ours in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774087 talking about it and hoping for a response).

Now I know that a lot of the changes that have been made in regards to the spell triggering items and support gems have been for performance reasons, but in most cases those were given other changes (like more spell damage on CoC after the change) to make up for the longer CD.

Anyways, here's the question we're all wondering about. What was the (or is there) a game balance reason for increasing the internal cooldown of Mjolner to 0.25s? This reduces the single target dps potential (and healing potential, if using a Discharge version with Voll's Devotion and Kingsguard) by 60%, as it is trigger 4 times per second instead of 10.

As myself and many other Mjolner build 'experts' in the thread linked earlier outline, the 2.4 Mjolner builds were not by any means top tier (like Cospri's, Warchief totems, BV Pathfinder, etc from last patch). With the changes in 2.5 Mjolner is more or less rendered useless as an endgame build (and it's not like with the stat requirements the item has you can do much else with your build).

So here's question #2: Can we expect any changes to Mjolner (internal cooldown reduction, additional damage modifiers for spells, reduced stat requirements, attack speed, etc) to make the item usable for doing endgame content? In the past Mjolner (versus things like CoC Discharge and Cospri's Discharge) achieved DPS and sustain through sheer volume of spells (whereas the other builds mentioned can scale crit and crit multi and can sustain high charge levels through use of Voll's Protector). As Mjolner is a slower weapon, perhaps we can expect something like fewer but more impactful spell triggers?

Thanks for reading and I hope we (myself and those yearning for an answer) will hear back from you soon.

Regards,
-Savage

I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear back!
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info