Device Error ShaderD3D9.cpp:157

hi there, after latest patch update, starting to get this message

Device Error:... \Device\D3D9\ShaderD3D9.cpp:157

Played on 32 bit client.

Impossible to play with this error popup.
What's happening here? Never had a similar issue last 3 years in poe.

I did not update win7 x64 recently, my GPU drivers are up to date, NVIDIA TI 2GB DDR5 RAM.

Died 4 times at level 90.

Any fix on this, or any advice ?
Last edited by _ReLoAdeD_ on Nov 29, 2016, 6:45:55 AM
Last bumped on Jan 9, 2018, 5:59:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Had the same issue on 2.4.3.b> I thought it was my overclocked GPU but apparently it isn't.
Switched to Directx11 version and no issue (though acquisition not updating your online status automatically when on DX11 PoE is pain in the ass :) However, there is a trick to make it work. You just open D9 version of poe and leave it in a login menu. That should be enough for the acquisition to automaticaly update the online status (it searches if Pathofexile.exe task is active. Dx11 version creates Pathofexile_64x.exe task in Task manager so acquisition doesn't detect it.)

Btw, I was getting this message/crash every single time I tried to enter Belly of the beast location. Maybe it will be helpful to the team to spot the reason behind the issue.

Playing on Windows 10 64 bit,
FHD res, full screen
GTx 1060 6g
nvidia drivers: 375.95

Last edited by tomeqf on Nov 29, 2016, 7:13:55 AM
ehm, thanx for reply, I will try to switch to dx11 and see if it worx.
I tryed your method on 32 bit client, unfortunately not working. Seems it needs an update on this issue.

Playing 64 bit client about 10 min, no issues for now.

Thanx for your advice sir.
Apreciatte it.
by "make it work" i was refering to acquisition auto updating your online status on poe.trade
This error is making the game unplayable. I'm not very computer literate but have updated my drivers, deleted and reinstalled the game, and have tried playing with dx11 and dx9. The crashes happen when zoning in and out of areas and is more frequent in groups. I really hope something is being done about this.

Window 10 64 bit
Nvidia gforce 670
I just started receiving this error today. I tried everything. running both 64 and 32 of the client. reinstalled, rolled back drivers, updated drivers, system restore to yesterday, Dx9 DX11. I'm at a loss on what to do. The game is now unplayable for me.
IGN: Clronti
Have had same issue since league start, with D3D9 device error randomly crashing my game. Over the last 2 days it has become so frequent that it has made the game super f*cking annoying to play. Happens randomly between every 5 minutes and 45 minutes. Usually occurs when in a breach, and guaranteed to happen during a trial.
All my drivers are up to date, happens regardless of version DivX 9, 9ex, or 11. I've contacted support, have not received reply. This has completely ruined the game for me, and clearly others. GGG, fix this ASAP please. Nothing more frustrating that buying a supporter pack for a league you cant even f*cking play in, feel me?
I really don't like to necro threads but I just lost out on a diviners box that I had alched and piles of rares due to this error while running a vaal city map. Frankly its frustrating. Has zero discernible cause for me and the game runs fine for short stents and then just boom crash. I even ran a steam file integrity check for my local cache, no issues. This is my first time encountering this issue today.

System specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower

Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit

Monitor: Asus VX228H 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

I keep getting this error code OVER AND OVER and like others have said, the game works perfectly fine in all other regards. This makes no sense, and the game is completely unplayable like this. Please fix ASAP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info