[2.4]Cronx's SRS Necro Aurabot

Please be gentle, this is my first build guide.
Build intention:
I had previously played a guardian support that was unable to solo any content and found it annoying to always be reliant on other players. So I wanted to create a support that would be cheap to start in a new league that was also capable of soloing content. The build ended up being considerably stronger than I had expected.

Side note: I highly recommend playing with predictive instead of lockstep due to the lag spikes caused when there are a large numbers of raging spirits and auras.

Build in action:
First ever Shaper attempt:
https://youtu.be/J6eVl_IpgDY
T14 Shaped Promenade
https://youtu.be/Wr21LCqfh0s
Leveling progression:
I would suggest leveling with blade vortex. You can swap to SRS in the high 60s, but it will be a lot slower because the majority of the damage scaling comes from Commander of Darkness and auras.
Spoiler

leveling tree at:
Normal:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-wghAHpQLjSbIsnOyKa9tMswQHg9tVxjpYrJj315eVUlM9X30YbRkI9MBUakO86puhj0YdFPrSFm_jaiSqNulmnljlKhNaK6Pym4q-Tw==

Cruel:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-wghAHpQLjSbIsnOyKa9tMswQHg9tVxjpYrJj315eVUlM9X30YbRkI9MBUakO86puhj0YdFPrSFm_jaiSqNunPMlltX5gi9GwLkye-iqEvytO0DEZxgwlvnvGzS1fA48pKUUysR31bKk1H4iLipDmj71SCPydKyG6qtfI1kti9m4q-T4yxFSc=

Merciless:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAO_r0B-nKzW5EVA7DeyKa9tMs6yY99fPMlltX5h9GG0ZCPTAVGpDvOqboY9GHRT60sNtIvRsC5MnvoqhL8rTtAxGcYMJb55ca4RIavrKSlFMrEd9WypNDlxFfoTFo-9Ugj8nSshuqnzleC8YarXyDXzquu-I-TfXz0mxf8bBxewYcLvZEy9vX7CbtcM6GYr7CfbaGo8XL2TnVdaApCSweA3AGqluWK826IZgOlIOPN-_20_gwyW8YVLvTobRJwuDtm8734rpAkuuGyXZWxEPWAebir5PSI4N4hUnjLE=

Transition tree at 75:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAO_r0B-nKzW5EVA7DWvbTLOsmPfXzzJZbV-YfRhtGQj0wFRqQ7zqm6GPRh0U-tLDbSL0bAuTJ76KoS_K07QMRnGDCW-eXGuESGr6ykpRTKxHfVsqTQ5cRX6ExaPvVII_J0rIbqq18g186rrviPk3189JsX_GwcXsGHC72RMvb1-wm7XDOhmK-wn22hqPFy9k51XWgKR4DcAaqW5YrzbohmA6Ug4837_bT-DDJbxhUu9OhtEnC4O2bzvfiukCS64bJdlbEQ-bir5PSI4N4hUnjLE=

Current tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnK30Ya9vsikyz0B_v6zsNEQ-smPfXm6EYangvfOVYB49GHRT60hcvZOdV1oCkJLCESFxrw20i9GwLkyfviPk3189JsVyKf8Yvb9kTcLvsGMHFj_rw1UlRvoqhL8rTtAzqug18RnGDCW-eykpfsJu1hMXDOhmK-wn22hqPUUysR31bKk2j71SCPydfmFltzzLsg0eFDeJIjr5Pm4oOPN-_20_gwyW8RX4OXGr6jLEVJ_5JHarhiOL3LKY3Zh1PNAo6UoZgYVLvTobRJwuDtjboWK-pbsAabztKyG6qtfJ4DZUuV8k3g6brAW8=

Gearing:
Spoiler

Required gear:
Spoiler

Victario's influence - This chest will hold your damage auras (Wrath, Anger, and Hatred) as well as your two blasphemies. I prefer temporal chains and enfeeble for maximum survivability, although if for whatever reason, you feel the damage is lacking, elemental weakness may be used.

Coruscating Elixir - This is the replacement for Shavronne's Wrappings. This flask will occasionally make you hate yourself when you get clipped by an offscreen chaos damage projectile. This flask can be fairly easily kept up 100% of the time, but you'll still occasionally let it drop and die. I leveled from 93 to 94 with only 1 death, so you'll get used to it.

Belt - Will want a crystal belt with at least 16% reduced flask charges used so that the Coruscating Elixir can be used 3 times. Flask duration and ES are also very good stats.

Helm - Crafted with a Screaming Essence of Loathing - I'll put this on the required gear list since essences are being moved into the core game. You only need the 3% reduced mana reserved to allow you to cast your last aura (I added a third purity last). When crafting this, you'll want to use a Hubris helm with any reduced aura reservation cost enchant or SRS enchant (I'd just go with Raging Spirits damage). The reduced aura reservation just gives you a bit more available health for casting your SRS.

Steppan Eard - These boots give you a lot of ES and make you go from hating yourself in desecrated ground maps to ignoring it.

Unset rings - Look for flat energy shield, dexterity, strength, minion speed (if using essences of fear) and some resists. Resists aren't terribly difficult to cap because of the purities.

Marble amulet/Shaper Seed Stone Golem is otherwise the only source of life regeneration and things can get a bit awkward if he dies and you don't have any other source of regeneration.
Stats to look for on a marble amulet are : %ES-Flat ES-Dex/Str/cast speed/resistances

Conqueror's Efficiency and Conqueror's Potency - These two jewels are from the quest in merciless crypt and are dirt cheap. It's not a bad idea to eventually try to get silence immunity from corrupting these.

Recommended items:
Spoiler

The Pariah - Fairly cheap ring that provides a large amount of flat ES. Be sure to have a blue socket and stick your discipline here for the two extra levels.
Energy from within - Nothing too special about this, it just works well with the melding wheel.

Current gear:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

You will want an Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline since it's easy to keep up with the 3 five second long uses and it gives you an absurd amount of movement speed (I get 103% from mine).

Links:
Spoiler

SRS setup: The order of links in importance in a BBBBRR (preferred colors) weapon are: SRS+Melee Splash+Minion Damage+Melee Physical Damage+Spell Echo+Elemental Focus. For tough bosses, you then want to swap Melee Splash for an Empower. Or if you have a level 4 Empower in a +3 weapon, you should use it over Melee Physical Damage and swap that in over Melee Splash on tough bosses.
If you instead land BBBRRR on your weapon, you'll want to replace Elemental Focus with either Multistrike or Reduced Mana. Multistrike can be an issue due to its large mana multiplier, although once you get vaal clarity going, the mana cost on SRS doesn't matter.

I recommend first coloring your Victario's Influence and then when you have BBBGGR make sure to link together BBG for your blasphemies. The rest of the links don't matter since the damage auras will automatically be linked to generosity by the chest.

The rest of the links are rather flexible with the only set of links required to go together being your vaal auras and offerings which are all linked to an increased duration.

You don't actually need an enlighten to be able to run all the auras in this build, I use it because it un-reserves additional life for casting SRS. For your last two 4-links you simply need to find room for your remaining gems.

Defenses:
Spoiler

No flasks
Spoiler

With flasks
Spoiler

Pure support without flasks:
Spoiler

Pure support with flasks:
Spoiler

Switching between solo and pure support play:
Spoiler

Solo:
Since essences are making it into the core gem, +3 crude bows will always be possible, however they may be difficult when starting out, so a 5/6l staff or even a 2h mace (you'll want a fairly low level one with pure strength requirements for easier coloring).

Pure support:

You'll need to move a few gems around and self cast enfeeble if you want to use 12 auras. It's possible to also get vitality in there if you're willing to self cast both curses or if you have someone else cursing. I also swap out my quicksilver flask for a stibnite since the movement skills are enough to keep up.

Offerings options:
The three offerings actually allow for quite a bit of flexibility with what kind of party you're playing with. If you're trying to keep up with a cospri's discharger or vaal sparker, then flesh offering helps provide an insane amount of mobility with shield charge. If you're in a fight with a lot of unavoidable damage, then bone offering allows you to easily reach attack block cap when combined with either an advancing fortress or rumi's concoction. For fights like shaper where you want as large of pool as possible, spirit offering allows you to gain a significant increase in ES and heal off of the corpses you clean up.
Last edited by cronx90 on Nov 28, 2016, 3:26:11 AM
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2016, 8:24:15 AM
Reserved.
Looks pretty interesting! I'm looking forward to trying this next league!
Ign: ThunderFluff
me too.

Keep it up bro ! nice build
And also if this build doesnt work in breach league, you can also respect your passives to make a Golemancer that seems pretty strong!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info